WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ifloat hookup

THE WIDGE

Reaction score
I've been looking for specials on the Ifloats for a few months. Anyways I found a rep for the OC/IE that has some memorial specials. $310 for the 10" which I'm getting and $380 for the 12". They obviously have more sizes but I didn't inquire further. Comes with two D rings each side and a tether rope. Free shipping if local for the special. Rep's name is Christina and her number is 714-350-0990. Looks like I'll be getting mine Wednesday before I head out to Havasu. Hope this helps someone also looking..if anyone has a better price please share

rvrrun

Reaction score
My wife searched for a while to find the best deal and saving shipping by driving out and picking it was about it. He did give us a longer mat for the lower price since he was out of stock. Super nice guy, I don't know why Lily is at the boat shows and we never see iFloat.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I want the I ski deal.. That thing seems like the nuts!

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Just ordered a 12'. Delivered to the house on Thursday. Thanks for the heads up!:thumbsup

THE WIDGE

Reaction score
Delivered to my door today, and it fits in my short bed with cover on so it won't blow out. Lady said she'll be out in Havasu area this weekend with a few more, various sizes if interested..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 70

JB in so cal

Reaction score
My delivery day has been pushed back. If it's not ready she'll drop it off at the Islander to me friday or Saturday. I hope.

JayBreww

Reaction score
Just ordered mine.
She said she's placing another order which she'll get Thursday if anyone else is interested. [emoji1303]

Xtina

Reaction score
Just got my iFloat. Can't wait for the 4th. Thanks for the hookup. Her number is 714-350-0990 she brought it right to my door!

JB in so cal

Reaction score
She dropped mine off at the Islander Saturday morning and we were using it an hour later!

THE WIDGE

Reaction score
Glad to hear! I definitely enjoyed ours last week

Ibeplumbing

Reaction score
Just so you guys know. The Ifloat is a Chinese made knockoff of the lily pad. It won't last as long, and isn't made as well. If you are fine with that, then cool. But just wanted you guys to know. They are slightly cheaper, but not much.

DogNamedChevy

Motor Boating
Reaction score
Just so you guys know. The Ifloat is a Chinese made knockoff of the lily pad. It won't last as long, and isn't made as well. If you are fine with that, then cool. But just wanted you guys to know. They are slightly cheaper, but not much.
The ifloats.com website says they are proudly made in the USA?

Ibeplumbing

Reaction score
I guess it's a matter of opinion on quality. They might be assembled here. But the foam is Chinese. I'm not saying they are a bad product. Just not the same. I am biased because my buddy is the lily pad guy.

shippingguy

2007 Ultra 27 Shadow
Reaction score

You are not correct on this. The ifloat is made in the USA. I have a contact with the owner and that is how I got mine. His warehouse is local here. It is not cheaply made it is by far way more durable than the lily pad. If you look at it. It has a third thin layer in between the foam that makes it more durable and helps resist breakdown as well allows for support when jumping on it or adding weight on it.

Ibeplumbing

Reaction score
You are not correct on this. The ifloat is made in the USA. I have a contact with the owner and that is how I got mine. His warehouse is local here. It is not cheaply made it is by far way more durable than the lily pad. If you look at it. It has a third thin layer in between the foam that makes it more durable and helps resist breakdown as well allows for support when jumping on it or adding weight on it.

The lily pad have a third thin layer as well. On the smaller models it's mesh and on the larger it's black foam in between. I will apologize though for putting incorrect info out. I was repeating what I have heard. However, Until I see different I still will hold my opinion on which one will last longer. If I see different, I will gladly admit I was wrong again. I have no problem admitting when I'm proven wrong.

She's Mine

Reaction score
My wife saw one Memorial weekend and told me if we had one of those she would get in the water. I thought that is a great way to get her in the water since she doesn't know how to swim.

She's Mine

Reaction score
Didn't mean it malicious. I hope it didn't come off that way. Just reading here with two drownings recently. Just looking out.

We have lost enough members, I don't want to hear about another tragedy.

Oh, I didn't take it that way.

I just have a sarcastic sense of humor. She can swim from point A to point B but just doesn't tread water. Plus she always has a life jacket on unless we're beached.

DC-88

Reaction score
Oh, I didn't take it that way.

I just have a sarcastic sense of humor. She can swim from point A to point B but just doesn't tread water. Plus she always has a life jacket on unless we're beached.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1464985794.044147.jpg
Float-Tech makes these I'm pretty sure in a baby blue and navy color. Front blows up when you pull the cord. We used to mess around w stuff like this surfing bigger waves, now it's commonplace with the tow in guys' life vests-- I know as a lifelong surfer and water guy it's hard for people to understand that some just have a harder time than others with the whole swimming thing , but I know people who've tried their hardest and it's just not really doable for them--

She's Mine

Reaction score
View attachment 489054
Float-Tech makes these I'm pretty sure in a baby blue and navy color. Front blows up when you pull the cord. We used to mess around w stuff like this surfing bigger waves, now it's commonplace with the tow in guys' life vests-- I know as a lifelong surfer and water guy it's hard for people to understand that some just have a harder time than others with the whole swimming thing , but I know people who've tried their hardest and it's just not really doable for them--

That is sweet. Is it reusable or is it a One and Done type of deal.

Yeah, we have tried private lessons many times but by the time you're in your 40's the fear/ uncomfortableness is just there and is not going to go away. Weird thing is she is from an island. lol

ACS

Reaction score
I am going to be picking one of these up next week and was wondering what size you guys have purchased. Christina says the 18' is her number one seller but that seems really large to me. I was going to get the 12' but now am having second thoughts.

Xtina

Reaction score

I had a lily pad prior to my iFloat. My ifloat is 100 times better. Lily pads don't hold you up as good and it's trash after a summer. You can't tow the lily pad if that says anything.

THE WIDGE

Reaction score
How many people on it at one time, adults or kids, standing and jumping? I got the 10' for my two kids, we had three at one time and could have added a few more, and it didn't take up like 3 boat spaces in the channel Like an 18'. 12' not much bigger. But if you have teenagers or adults I would go 15'-18'. All depends on your anticipated use..

I am going to be picking one of these up next week and was wondering what size you guys have purchased. Christina says the 18' is her number one seller but that seems really large to me. I was going to get the 12' but now am having second thoughts.

HavasuGirl

Reaction score
Thanks for this info-best deal! I bought the 18'. It's perfect. Fits adults and the kids have room to play also. It's not as huge as you might think. Glad I got that size!

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
We got the 20' Muai Pad at Prestige Marine and it had been awesome!

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
I had a lily pad prior to my iFloat. My ifloat is 100 times better. Lily pads don't hold you up as good and it's trash after a summer. You can't tow the lily pad if that says anything.

I've had the same lily pad for 6 years now. Nothing wrong with it.

HavasuGirl

Reaction score
I've had the same lily pad for 6 years now. Nothing wrong with it.

From personal experience, unless you've owned both ifloat and lily pad, you wouldn't notice the difference. Ifloat holds more weight for sure. Also I'm digging the tow feature!

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
From personal experience, unless you've owned both ifloat and lily pad, you wouldn't notice the difference. Ifloat holds more weight for sure. Also I'm digging the tow feature!

Did you just call me fat?

HavasuGirl

Reaction score
She just delivered one to my friend also. I told her I would repost her number. 714-350-0990

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I guess it's a matter of opinion on quality. They might be assembled here. But the foam is Chinese. I'm not saying they are a bad product. Just not the same. I am biased because my buddy is the lily pad guy.

The foam on the i floats and the Lilly pads is from my perspective the same.. Just closed cell foam.

The difference between the two is in between the two layers of foam the IFloat has an anti tear strip that adds a huge amount of strength in a "tensile" or pulling environment. That is important because it won't tear/fail if someone jumps on it or a variety of other instances where tensile strength is desired. A testament to that strength is the "I Ski system". Where they clamp the matte with two pieces of aluminum and actually tow it at speed etc.. Another example is last weekend at the tube float there was a 100+'er with people riding on it as it was being towed up river after the float.

They do that for two reasons.. A to exhibit their product, but the second reason is they know that if another matte company rolled out one that big and towed it with that much weight it would just rip the front off of them.

For general floating and hanging out purposes they are all fine.. But for extreme uses the I float is the best one out there.. It is also the most expensive.

ltbaney1

Reaction score
just got off the phone with Christine, I'm going to pull the trigger on one in the next day or 2.

THE WIDGE

Reaction score
Mine took a beating today with 12 kids playing on it!

ltbaney1

Reaction score
Just confirmed this morning, mine will be delivered on Saturday.:thumbsup

HavasuGirl

Reaction score
My friend bought a 10' and now wants an 18'. She might wanna sell the 10' if anyone is interested. The dealer is still offering specials I think.