WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Illinois creating jobs

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Maybe higher gas prices matter too.. Fuckin LIBTARDS...👎
I don't know if you ever bought gas in Downtown Chicago but the prices top the charts already.
She was only voted in for one reason and it was not because of experience.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
hmmmmm not to long ago.... they were actually called SERVICE STATIONS.... (50 years ago??)... full service..... fill your gas, wash your windows, check tire air pressure, check all fluids....

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
hmmmmm not to long ago.... they were actually called SERVICE STATIONS.... (50 years ago??)... full service..... fill your gas, wash your windows, check tire air pressure, check all fluids....
50 years ago was only 3 years less than when we put a man on the moon.
I would rather pump gas on the moon than at a downtown all-night Chicago gas station in Jan-Feb when it often reaches -20 below. Not to mention unless armed and in full tactical gear it is a death sentence. We outlawed the death penalty almost 20 years ago.
:):p

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I don't know if you ever bought gas in Downtown Chicago but the prices top the charts already.
She was only voted in for one reason and it was not because of experience.

2.20 out here in the hinter lands yesterday.

Justfishing

Reaction score
Cars have changed. We dont need oil every 200 miles, we have tubeless tires that hold air, radiators have over flow tanks, etc.

I worked in a full service station when self service started. We offered full service and self. The consumer voted for cheaper prices.

I would say mandating full service only would curtail the hours of operation for most stations, an unintended consequence. I think this would have a bigger impact in poor areas

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
I would say mandating full service only would curtail the hours of operation for most stations, an unintended consequence. I think this would have a bigger impact in poor areas

Or franchises will decide it's not worth the exposure and close stations in high crime areas.

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
In honor of Black History Month.......
I am sure many of you are unaware that "self service" gas stations were an idea
and contribution from our Black society.