WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Illmor V-10s, Who can rebuild them?

PrimeCut

Reaction score
I’ve got a good friend with a Daytona, twin Illmor V-10s, One motor is done and not sure what is wrong with it, who in California, Nevada or Arizona can rebuild one or both?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
Another option, Teague Custom Marine is listed as an authorized Ilmor sales and service location.

petie6464

Reaction score
They are pretty simple engines, I helped a friend do them in his garage. It's nothing complicated and an average garage machinic that can assemble a small block can do it, sending out the machine work to a local machine shop, that's what most these repair shops do anyway.

spectras only

Reaction score
They are pretty simple engines, I helped a friend do them in his garage. It's nothing complicated and an average garage machinic that can assemble a small block can do it, sending out the machine work to a local machine shop, that's what most these repair shops do anyway.
Got a question. While you were tearing the engine down, what was the oil pan size? 8 or 10 qrt? Was there a swing oil pickup in the pan? Did Ilmor use aftermarket oil pan like a Dooley with kick out bottom etc......?

HighVoltage329

Reaction score
Check with Larry's Engine & Machine. When I had the F29 he said he could do them back to stock. No ECU changes. Price was reasonable.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
When I was shopping for boats I talked to Alexi about them.......so many twin engine Daytonas came with them in that era. Bob leach was given a motivating financial incentive from mopar to push them when they first came out in order for them to get some traction in the marine industry. After speaking with Alexi I avoided them. I believe it was $16,000 per engine to correct the problematic issues they had and rebuild them. Look for one with 525's in it.

PrimeCut

Reaction score
When I was shopping for boats I talked to Alexi about them.......so many twin engine Daytonas came with them in that era. Bob leach was given a motivating financial incentive from mopar to push them when they first came out in order for them to get some traction in the marine industry. After speaking with Alexi I avoided them. I believe it was $16,000 per engine to correct the problematic issues they had and rebuild them. Look for one with 525's in it.

My friends have had the boat for about 12-13 years, they are actually friends with Bob, bought from him new, I believe that Bob was driving the boat when one of the engines went out which would’ve been about four years ago or so. They are just trying to explore options on what to do. I personally have 525s, bulletproof motors

BoostPower

Staff member
Reaction score
yea, i think theres really only one person i'd trust from all the bad things i've heard. Send them to @BoostPower

We do them and not just the standard parts. We make pistons, pins, locks, retainers springs locks guides, gaskets cams chain systems along with a few pages of items specific to those engines and by far we have done more then anyone we know of as we also do them
For the dodge dealers for cars [emoji41]

BoostPower

Staff member
Reaction score
Alexi at Boostpower does a ton of them and upgrades them as well.. I know he’s booked out but hit him up and maybe he can make sometime? @BoostPower

Thanks. We also DYNO every engine in house and do all injection mods in house. Call any time direct 805-551-4684

BoostPower

Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve got a good friend with a Daytona, twin Illmor V-10s, One motor is done and not sure what is wrong with it, who in California, Nevada or Arizona can rebuild one or both?

BoostPower

Staff member
Reaction score

BoostPower

Staff member
Reaction score

We do several mods to make em better. But they are nice platforms

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
On a Daytona you lose some rear seat leg room with them since they are longer than a V8.

What did they start with 570, then 610, 650 and 710 were the last ones?

spectras only

Reaction score
When I did a Big Brake upgrade for my 99 Viper, I dealt with these people. Had great transaction, got the calipers/rotors like in new condition for a fraction of what dealer price was. If you find a low milage engine, keep it stock and transfer your marinized equipment over and done with it.
Make sure oiling fix is in with proper oil pan and swinging pick up.

BoostPower

Staff member
Reaction score
When I did a Big Brake upgrade for my 99 Viper, I dealt with these people. Had great transaction, got the calipers/rotors like in new condition for a fraction of what dealer price was. If you find a low milage engine, keep it stock and transfer your marinized equipment over and done with it.
Make sure oiling fix is in with proper oil pan and swinging pick up.

Swinging pickup is a must for cars. On the boat we mod a fixed pickup machine a slot in the pan below it and a few other things to the pickup we make. [emoji1303]

Runs2rch

Reaction score
My friends have had the boat for about 12-13 years, they are actually friends with Bob, bought from him new, I believe that Bob was driving the boat when one of the engines went out which would’ve been about four years ago or so. They are just trying to explore options on what to do. I personally have 525s, bulletproof motors

Call Gary at GT. Upland is an easy drive from Vegas.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
No personal experience, but Exotic Engine Development in Reno has done several Ilmors. Just another option.

pixrthis

Reaction score
I saw a couple bare V 10 blocks at Teague’s today so I’d venture to say they handle it.

Reactions: DWC

Mike K

Reaction score
I take mine to AJ at Barrett Custom Marine in Havasu. He knows them 100%.

farmo83

Reaction score
Alexi mentioned on one of his tech talks he bought 20k worth of bearings for those motors as they were getting difficult to find.

He has my boat now so I'm biased but I would get inline with him.

Reactions: DWC