WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Illustrator for Gel Scheme New Shockwave 28 Build

Dirtbag

Reaction score
Looking for someone who is proficient in adobe illustrator or has time on their hands. I have been trying to figure out the damn program nearly 2 weeks and simply cannot get it right. We are building a new 28 deck with shockwave and everything I do is nearly identical to my last build. I loved that scheme so much. But we need something new but along the same lines. Pops and I are absolutely in love with this howard as it has elements of our past scheme but with some new flare. We will be using the same colors however this boat will be on a grey base instead of white.

Here is the Howard we absolutely love. As I said it has elements of our last design

3DFBA0E0-E8B3-49CE-BDFE-0CAF69426989.jpeg

Here is our last design

OurShockwave.jpg

If someone has the time and the knowhow to help us out we would be much appreciative and glad to pay for services.

DWC

Reaction score
Sorry to derail, what power are you doing in this one?

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
just go on youtube and look up "illustrator line tool tutorial"

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
This has me thinking. I wonder how easy it would be to change things up using sketch up. Using the boat as a component I think it would work pretty well.

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
Congratulations! Your last boat was beautiful.

Out of curiosity, what does the starting price on a 28 deck. I wanted to speak with Shockwave at the 2020 LA Boat Show, but they didn’t want to give me the time of day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DWC

Sbarry

Reaction score

Out of curiosity, what does the starting price on a 28 deck. I wanted to speak with Shockwave at the 2020 LA Boat Show, but they didn’t want to give me the time of day.

That blows me away...... Their customer service is why I WILL build a 3rd with them. Hands down, best I've ever been treated by any builder.

Sbarry

Reaction score
new things to do and improve on. some changes to fit the family a little better. and the build process is more fun than owning the boat!
Bro, that is so true! Something about taking a color pencil chicken scratch sketch from paper to a new boat on the water... it really is hard to beat.

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
That blows me away...... Their customer service is why I WILL build a 3rd with them. Hands down, best I've ever been treated by any builder.

I must have got lost in the hustle and bustle... no biggie, things happen. I am still interested in poss working with them down the line.

Sbarry

Reaction score
I must have got lost in the hustle and bustle... no biggie, things happen. I am still interested in poss working with them down the line.

You gotta go where you're comfortable, but I'd give Bob and crew a second chance for sure. Try setting up an appointment to walk the shop. Tell em Markus and Scott sent you... Good luck!

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
You gotta go where you're comfortable, but I'd give Bob and crew a second chance for sure. Try setting up an appointment to walk the shop. Tell em Markus and Scott sent you... Good luck!

Most definitely...

I wish I could’ve pulled the trigger on [mention]Dirtbag [/mention] boat, but timing wasn’t right.

Looking forward to seeing the new build.

instagator

Reaction score
new things to do and improve on. some changes to fit the family a little better. and the build process is more fun than owning the boat!
What are you upgrading on this one ?

Dirtbag

Reaction score
Most definitely...

I wish I could’ve pulled the trigger on [mention]Dirtbag [/mention] boat, but timing wasn’t right.

Looking forward to seeing the new build.

Hey brotha definitely not like the shockwave guys to do that. If you want to send me a direct message I can get you hooked up with bob and greg and make sure they give you a call. Yes they are slammed right now but the only way to keep selling boats is to keep customers in the loop.

Dirtbag

Reaction score

custom boat comes with a custome price. I want to say last time I checked the very basic model is right at 100k. I would say that base price would be underpowered.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
What are you upgrading on this one ?

There are a few ideas that pops and I have come up with that we want to build into this one. I dont want to spill the beans just yet because I want to save the hype for the "in the mold thread" and show pics along the way.

Most of these features are custom features that after owning the boat for 4 years we wish we had. Also I think with any custom builder they will do what you want. But if you dont ask they will just stick with "their normal." Im hoping to change some of Bob's normal and improve on his already awesome builds. I really believe us users think up some cool shit along the way. We are giving the wives some input as well. My mom is making a special request about speaker placement cause her ears are getting blown out where she sits. I have no idea how we are going to change that but we are going to make it happen haha.

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
custom boat comes with a custome price. I want to say last time I checked the very basic model is right at 100k. I would say that base price would be underpowered.

Gotcha... Thanks for the insight. I’m thinking in order to properly power the boat, you would start with a minimum 520.

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
That design looks great. Looking forward to the build thread.

Havasu Rehab, like the others have said Shockwave typically has great customer service so it's too bad that you had a bad experience. Hopefully you are able to give them another chance and take a tour of the shop. I've built 2 Shockwaves with them and have received great support from Bob and the rest of the company.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
Looking good👍

What about the top view?

And this is going on a Shochwave deckboat?
Is it a silver base?
yes on a Shockwave deck.....Curious what you think @Gelcoater . Ill leave the top view up to Dave's interpretation. He did quite well on our last design. Do you think he can pull this off? yes silver grey base

Gelcoater

Reaction score
yes on a Shockwave deck.....Curious what you think @Gelcoater . Ill leave the top view up to Dave's interpretation. He did quite well on our last design. Do you think he can pull this off? yes silver grey base
I wouldn’t want to do a silver inner liner on the shockwave.

attitude

Reaction score
🍻 🍻 especially if you get to do it with "POPS"
Yes Sir, one of the most fun things I’ve been able to do with my Dad as well. Especially seeing years and years of shared dreams coming to life.

instagator

Reaction score
Did you sell your boat yet DB? That would be a great boat for some one on here !