WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I'm being treated in the ER, you won't believe this story

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
This thread has Changed my wifes dog walking "tool belt" she's looking like a LEO now , Nine, Taser and Pepper Spray . One attack a couple years ago was more than enough . Poor Sebastian , you cant see the bite scar but oddly it has white hairs growing out of it

dread Pirate

Reaction score
Believe me, I get it. I felt the same exact way with mine.
It isn’t me that will need convincing if the pit ever gets in trouble.

I knew an attorney in Anchorage that absolutely loved pit bulls…at least other peoples pit bulls.
He called them “lawsuits on a leash”.

He would say “pit bulls bought my lake house”.

Fortunately I don't have neighbors and don't take my dogs to town. Every dog fight I've had was instigated by some other dog and it's not worth it. I'm able to spend pretty much 24/7 with the dogs on the ranch and with the exception of a few trips to the vet and a couple trips to the secret beach I'll take them to, they stay here. It's a responsibility to have a dog and even more so with large dogs. With a population of half morons and idiots out there we play the safe card. It's not worth it. I've lost friends over my rule of "don't bring your dogs to the ranch". People seem to think it's a free for all and more often then not one of their dogs starts shit. I'm tired of paying vet bills because of entitled assholes and irresponsible owners.

As for rrrr I hope he finds out who's dog that was and they get fried. The man tried to be a caring individual and someones asshole mutt most likely caused permanent damage. He needs a good lawyer for that bastard and hopefully he'll get a new lake house..

This guy will probably be my last pit. I'll be in my 60's by the time he passes and I doubt I'll have the energy to do it again. I'll probably just stick with the shepherds.

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
This thread has Changed my wifes dog walking "tool belt" she's looking like a LEO now , Nine, Taser and Pepper Spray .
I walk my dogs a couple of times a day, and I'm thinking the same! Never carried anything.

Reactions: TPC

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
I walk my dogs a couple of times a day, and I'm thinking the same! Never carried anything.
We live semi rural wife was walking the Lab , dumb bitch owner was walking multiple dogs (on leashes) , AND a fukin pigmy goat AND had 3 little kids in tow (face/palm) Pit pulled loose and locked on to may Lab , wife beat the bejezzus out of it with the poop carrier on the lease , woman finally pulled the pit back . Bite wasnt bad but got vet checked , I tracked down the owner and got compensation That was enough for me, time to gear up .

Last edited:

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
time to gear up .
Yep!! Bear spray is what I'm thinking. Sucks. Once a bulldog of some type tried to grab one of ours at the dog park, but luckily my dog was still on the leash and I just lifted him off the ground and turned away and the owner controlled it. If I'm alone on the street it's going to be tough to manage without some sort of deterrent or weapon.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Yep!! Bear spray is what I'm thinking. Sucks. Once a bulldog of some type tried to grab one of ours at the dog park, but luckily my dog was still on the leash and I just lifted him off the ground and turned away and the owner controlled it. If I'm alone on the street it's going to be tough to manage without some sort of deterrent or weapon.
Bear Pepper gel , Tazer and Px4 Storm on her tactical belt, My NRA trained Girl no finger in the dogs butt 😅

BTW guys and ladies , She learned more here than I could teach her and no bad habits:)

NRA women on target

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Fortunately I don't have neighbors and don't take my dogs to town. Every dog fight I've had was instigated by some other dog and it's not worth it. I'm able to spend pretty much 24/7 with the dogs on the ranch and with the exception of a few trips to the vet and a couple trips to the secret beach I'll take them to, they stay here. It's a responsibility to have a dog and even more so with large dogs. With a population of half morons and idiots out there we play the safe card. It's not worth it. I've lost friends over my rule of "don't bring your dogs to the ranch". People seem to think it's a free for all and more often then not one of their dogs starts shit. I'm tired of paying vet bills because of entitled assholes and irresponsible owners.

As for rrrr I hope he finds out who's dog that was and they get fried. The man tried to be a caring individual and someones asshole mutt most likely caused permanent damage. He needs a good lawyer for that bastard and hopefully he'll get a new lake house..

This guy will probably be my last pit. I'll be in my 60's by the time he passes and I doubt I'll have the energy to do it again. I'll probably just stick with the shepherds.
A population of only half morons and idiots? Where'd you find such a paradise?
I thought I had it pretty good here, we're in the "high 70's to low 80's"🤣

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
When you spray an attacking dog be prepared to spray the owner too.

First incident was Glamis.
People are too lazy to walk their dog in the middle of the cold night and don’t want the dog crapping in the RV so they let them out.

Then the dogs take off and you read in GD.com “it was fireworks that caused it.”
Yep pits came after us and I Simonized them deluxe.
They go back to the RV and the lazy owner can’t let them in. It’s brutal.

Second incident in front of our house. You can’t reason with a dog owner much less a pit bull owner.

Owners get angry when you blast their dog regardless of the circumstances.

Bear Spray is almost as bad as skunk and has a residual, lingering after sting.
A04F9B77-87D8-4175-B1C7-020A7C284B0E.jpeg

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Humana Medicare PPO. Premiums are $116/month. I have to pay $320 per day for the first three days of hospitalization, after that all hospital charges are covered.

I'm going to get two types of home antibiotic infusion drugs, every day until 4/15. Also have home health care doing wound care. The list price on the drugs is about $4,000/day. I won't have any out of pocket expenses for those items.

So you are improving? Getting out soon?

Hoping for a yes to both!

Deckin Around

Reaction score
Bear Pepper gel , Tazer and Px4 Storm on her tactical belt, My NRA trained Girl no finger in the dogs butt 😅

BTW guys and ladies , She learned more here than I could teach her and no bad habits:)

NRA women on target

Make sure she can get to one or more with BOTH hands and deploy/shoot with both as well. It's hard to draw on your right side when a dog is mauling your arm

MissHavasuCig

Reaction score
Geesh... never heard of such craziness when trying to help poor pups - but look at this similar story on People. Poor lady just trying to help like @rrrr o_O

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Geesh... never heard of such craziness when trying to help poor pups - but look at this similar story on People. Poor lady just trying to help like @rrrr o_O

Geez and I thought it was just the humans that had gone mad..... biting off windshield wipers?!

4Waters

Reaction score
is the because the insurance company does not wan to pay the hospital any more or a rehab is what you need????
^^^This^^^

@rrrr Did they find the dogs owner? If you don't know then someone needs to start making phone calls

poncho

Reaction score
When you spray an attacking dog be prepared to spray the owner too.

First incident was Glamis.
People are too lazy to walk their dog in the middle of the cold night and don’t want the dog crapping in the RV so they let them out.

Then the dogs take off and you read in GD.com “it was fireworks that caused it.”
Yep pits came after us and I Simonized them deluxe.
They go back to the RV and the lazy owner can’t let them in. It’s brutal.

Second incident in front of our house. You can’t reason with a dog owner much less a pit bull owner.

Owners get angry when you blast their dog regardless of the circumstances.

Bear Spray is almost as bad as skunk and has a residual, lingering after sting. View attachment 1211281
You have a way with words.

rrrr

Reaction score
Make sure she can get to one or more with BOTH hands and deploy/shoot with both as well. It's hard to draw on your right side when a dog is mauling your arm
I'm left handed. I had to switch hands while trying to kill the dog. The trauma and bleeding on my left hand made it impossible to get a good grip on my gun. That being said, it was no big deal because I'm about 70% ambidextrous. A 10' shot distance also made it easily doable.

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
I'm in the fucking Twilight Zone.

A women just walked in my room all bubbly and announced "I have a therapy dog out here in the hallway. Would you like to see it?"

Before I could think, I held up my bandaged hand and said "Hell, no, I don't want to see it. This is from a dog attack."

She looked crestfallen. Jeezus, this is fucking nuts. 🤬
Who do you get you healthcare from? I want to stay away from them...:eek:🤣

Hope you're feeling better.

rrrr

Reaction score
Who do you get you healthcare from? I want to stay away from them...:eek:🤣

Hope you're feeling better.
Everywhere one goes these days there are multiple fucktards with their dogs. I saw one pissing on a tool display in Home Depot a few weeks ago. The owner just acted like it never happened.

I don't like it and it shouldn't be allowed. I felt that way before my incident.

toto

Reaction score
The rehab is in Princeton, just six miles from my home. The facility was opened in June 2020, and judging from their website it's really nice. This was unexpected. I had assumed that McKinney would be the closest facility, and that's 20 miles from Farmersville.
Man sorry to hear this - Let me know if you need anything. I am about 8 miles from Princeton and more than happy to help out if needed.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Everywhere one goes these days there are multiple fucktards with their dogs. I saw one pissing on a tool display in Home Depot a few weeks ago. The owner just acted like it never happened.

I don't like it and it shouldn't be allowed. I felt that way before my incident.
True.
People who insist on taking their animals into public buildings and stores are imposing their dogs presence onto every other person in that public building.
They have zero consideration for any one in that store or building.
They do not consider for one second if there is a person that has been attacked by a dog (just like the lady who automatically thought you’d be happy to see the dog in the hospital), or if anyone is bothered by the presence of their dog. Their dog is the cutest dog ever (no matter how foul it is) and by god every one is going to see it and know it.
In fact, they will insult you and call you “Karen” if you complain.
Well, I saw my friends 1 year old grandson reduced to a clump of hair and a blood stain when he got killed by the family pit. I have the scar on my thigh from the unleashed dog that ran off a porch onto the sidewalk and took a chunk out of me before running back into his porch. (Nothing like your injuries)
I don’t hate dogs, I’ve had a bunch of them. I’ve had a lot of fun learning to train them and am halfassed decent at it.
I hate YOUR dog that you insist on bringing into the store and imposing it onto me and other shoppers.
If it isn’t the pet store, keep him in the car or house.
Soon there will be enough lawsuits and all dogs will be banned from public places, except for actual seeing eye dogs, because some owners can not seem to grasp these facts.
Some idiot in walmart just this weekend had a pit puppy (6 months?) on a 10’ leash and the fucking thing was sniffing everyone and everyone’s groceries from one end of the self checkout to the other end.
He sniffed my ankle and I air mailed him to the end of his leash.
I can guarantee these dog owners this, I don’t care what names I get called, if your dog does anything even close to fucking with me in any public place we will see each other in court.
I don’t go to the dog park to buy groceries or eat my food, don’t bring your mutt to the grocery store to walk him.
Seems simple enough?

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
True.
People who insist on taking their animals into public buildings and stores are imposing their dogs presence onto every other person in that public building.
They do not consider for one second if there is a person that has been attacked by a dog (just like the lady who automatically thought you’d be happy to see the dog in the hospital), or if anyone is bothered by the presence of their dog. Their dog is the cutest dog ever (no matter how foul it is) and by god every one is going to see it and know it.
In fact, they will insult you and call you “Karen” if you complain.
Well, I saw my friends 1 year old grandson reduced to a clump of hair and a blood stain when he got killed by the family pit. I have the scar on my thigh from the unleashed dog that ran off a porch onto the sidewalk and took a chunk out of me before running back into his porch. (Nothing like your injuries)
I don’t hate dogs, I’ve had a bunch of them. I’ve had a lot of fun learning to train them and am halfassed decent at it.
I hate YOUR dog that you insist on bringing into the store and imposing it onto me other shoppers.
If it isn’t the pet store, keep him in the car or house.
Soon there will be enough lawsuits and all dogs will be banned from public places, except for actual seeing eye dogs, because some owners can not seem to grasp these facts.
Some idiot in walmart just this weekend had a pit puppy (6 months?) on a 10’ leash and the fucking thing was sniffing everyone and everyone’s groceries from one end of the self checkout to the other end.
He sniffed my ankle and I air mailed him to the end of his leash.
I can guarantee these dog owners this, I don’t care what names I get called, if your dog does anything even close to fucking with me in any public place we will see each other in court.
I don’t go to the dog park to buy groceries or eat my food, don’t bring your mutt to the grocery store to walk him.
Seems simple enough?

Air mailed him. Awesome. 🤣

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not going to equate a therapy dog to the average mutt that someone drags into home Depot.

I doubt the dog handlers get any sort of info why a patient is in the hospital, probably why the handler asked if Ron wanted the visitor. That isn't imposing anything and therapy animals have empirical evidence they lower anxiety, blood pressure and emotional stress (provided you didn't just get mauled by a pitbull).

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not going to equate a therapy dog to the average mutt that someone drags into home Depot.

I doubt the dog handlers get any sort of info why a patient is in the hospital, probably why the handler asked if Ron wanted the visitor. That isn't imposing anything and therapy animals have empirical evidence they lower anxiety, blood pressure and emotional stress (provided you didn't just get mauled by a pitbull).
They raise my blood pressure, anxiety, and emotional stress.
Whose rights prevail?
(In public, not the hospital)

Tremor Therapy

Reaction score
True.

Seems simple enough?
This exactly. I am one of those people that bring my dogs with me everywhere, but I do not take them into stores, Home Depot, restaurants, nada. I love my dogs, doesn't mean you do!

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Dog people….😜 I don’t understand it but to each his own.

I don’t own animals and never will, therefore I don’t love them like some people do…. I say this because there are a lot of people like me….. we don’t find them cute and cuddly and what not…I tell people to keep their little bundles of joy out of my house…If they are being a nuisance we will probably say so…..not really giving much thought to the owners feelings on the matter.

I DON’T do cruelty because that is fucked up. But we will defend our own….

One exception…. My buddy brought over this dust mop looking dog that had dreads…. He was super chill. Almost like he was stoned….. That dog can come back because he was well mannered and behaved…. Oh and certain labs are welcome too… chocolate ones. Thats it….

Last edited:

BabyRay

Reaction score
This exactly. I am one of those people that bring my dogs with me everywhere, but I do not take them into stores, Home Depot, restaurants, nada. I love my dogs, doesn't mean you do!
I took my Ridgeback into Home Depot so I could socialize her when she was younger….old enough to not crap on the floor, but young enough and small enough so as not to intimidate. She’s 10 months now, and 75 lbs, and can be very intimidating. She stays home now, except for dog parks and walking on a leash. If I’m on a trail with her, and encounter another person, we step to the side on a short leash, and she sits until they pass. I get lots of thank-you’s for that. Sure, some want to pet her, but there are plenty who want to keep their distance, and I think that should be respected.

dread Pirate

Reaction score
The more comments I read the more I'm thankful I don't live in the city. We don't have a Home Depot up here and had no idea you could take your dogs inside. I stay away from dog parks cause my experience has been mostly entitled morons that think their dog is perfect while in fact it's an uncontrolled shithead.

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
I love this thread despite the origin. I think because of the trauma, people are staying respectful. Should always be like this.

We also have our dogs with us full time within reason. We can't stand the store deal as most have mentioned. One exception we make is restaurants with outdoor patios where they are allowed. This is actually a Havasu thing for us as we are on the other side of the lake (The Landing) and they boat with us. It's pretty much limited to Javelina (only reason we go), Burgers by the Bridge and Makai. These places we can get to from slips, wall tie, or beaches in the Channel, and then continue our day/night. I keep them on a very short leash. The one in my avatar is perfect, but we also have his son. Lincoln is only 15 months and still needs some work...

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
I had no idea bringing your dog into Home Depot or a dog friendly restaurant would bother anyone as long as the dog is well behaved. I'm kind of a live and let live kinda guy, so I rarely let others actions bother me unless they are truly a problem. That being said, I am more selective and careful when I take my dog places, last thing I want is to deal with a problem.

wzuber

Reaction score
Ok, you’re just baiting me now!!
Lol
Wright......lol
No, toooday I'm reelly that stoopid tit seams.....guud gawd
My bad..... whole
I was going to post a doughnut for a "whole" guess I was too focused on that to reel a lize my fualtz.....
Tink i betr go fine sumptin elz 2 due 2 fay fore i miss everting utsmoore......
mahbee moors sleaps whil healps.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I had no idea bringing your dog into Home Depot or a dog friendly restaurant would bother anyone as long as the dog is well behaved. I'm kind of a live and let live kinda guy, so I rarely let others actions bother me unless they are truly a problem. That being said, I am more selective and careful when I take my dog places, last thing I want is to deal with a problem.
Yes, it does bother people, a lot. Most wont say anything.
For me it’s a hygiene thing, it has nothing to do with a dogs behavior.
You likely had a shower today, and did not lick your own asshole, before going to, or while inside, the restaurant.
The health department will fine or shut down a restaurant for minute infractions, like knife marks on a cutting board.
Yet the restaurant, and dog owners, will allow a dog to lick its own asshole less than 8’ from where I’m sitting down to eat.
Would you take your meal into a public restroom and eat next to a person taking a shit?
There is no difference, in fact it’s worse with the dog because he has almost assuredly not bathed lately.
I typically don’t go to dog friendly restaurants because I don’t want to eat with dogs, not yours, not mine or anyone’s. So I have no complaints with dog friendly patios because I just don’t go to them.
(Although the fish at Burgers by the bridge sometimes wins that fight, lol)
Having said all that, I’ve absolutely seen people that are worse than dogs!
😂

wzuber

Reaction score
You likely had a shower today, and did not lick your own asshole, before going to, or while inside, the restaurant.

I'm sure there are human asshole lickers at some restaurants these days...... LOL
Tongue punchin Fart box mofo's.......gettin their freak on! Lol