WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I'm done for!

Frankenmax

Reaction score
So about two hours ago some Jack in a wake boat cut me off in the narrows. I cut the throttle but I still aired the boat. We hit hard my son busted his lip pretty good. I got back to callville bay and seen the damage. Now I need to find a fiberglass shop that can fix this mess over the winter.

IMG_0843.jpg
IMG_0846.jpg
IMG_0847.jpg

Reaction score
That sucks. Fyi boat could have had wood rot from water damage over time. Good luck

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Wow, wood rot or not that was a serious impact.

Totally fixable and good news is it's late in the season. Be careful, this is how snowballs begin lol

Frankenmax

Reaction score
I'm totally screwed, it was my uncles boat and he loves it. I bought it off him several years ago. Now I gotta fix it. I was going to buy a Nordic heat or rage next year. Now we shall see.

It was a bad ass hit, I bet I put her 6ft in the air. I don't think this boat has wood in the transom, I believe it's a composite material. Ether way it's going to get fixed. I have full coverage on it. Because the motor is new, it's got 30 something hours on it. I just need to find somebody who is willing to tackle the job and has a good reputation. I don't trust anyone in Nevada to do it. Plus I know there has to be a few good guys in Havasu it's a boat Mecca.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Start by talking to Kevin @ R&R Prop Shop. Super nice guy, a wealth of info. While he would do this kind of repair on his own boats (and he does), I'm not sure he would do it for a customer, but ask. If not, he can point you in the right direction. Henderson Industrial Park off Lake Mead between the Fiesta and Van Wagenen. 702-564-7502

Frankenmax

Reaction score
Start by talking to Kevin @ R&R Prop Shop. Super nice guy, a wealth of info. While he would do this kind of repair on his own boats (and he does), I'm not sure he would do it for a customer, but ask. If not, he can point you in the right direction. Henderson Industrial Park off Lake Mead between the Fiesta and Van Wagenen. 702-564-7502

Funny, I was just thinking about him. He proped my boat this spring. I'll have to give him a ring and see what he says.

Frankenmax

Reaction score
The insurance claims adjuster came by today. The prognosis is grim. The rough estimate is 8 to 12k to repair the damage! Wtf I talked to Kevin this afternoon. He recommended a local shop. In Vegas for the work. I have to get some estimates and submit them . I'll get some estimates in Havasu also. This whole process is going to be amazing.

Tank

Reaction score
The insurance claims adjuster came by today. The prognosis is grim. The rough estimate is 8 to 12k to repair the damage! Wtf I talked to Kevin this afternoon. He recommended a local shop. In Vegas for the work. I have to get some estimates and submit them . I'll get some estimates in Havasu also. This whole process is going to be amazing.

Sorry to see that happen.

Just an FYI, Brian from B&D marine (who's a member here) replaced a buddies whole fuckin transom on a cigarette cafe racer about 10 years ago and it was 10k roughly. But we're talking cutting the whole freakin transom off and digging forward nearly to the engine bulkhead and then replacing everything to brand new. Crazy to think this is even possible but they do it all the time. For the size job you're talking I would say that estimate is kinda high. Worth a shot to just reach out to Brian and see what he thinks.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
I'm totally screwed, it was my uncles boat and he loves it. I bought it off him several years ago. Now I gotta fix it. I was going to buy a Nordic heat or rage next year. Now we shall see.

Go for the Nordic upgrade

Frankenmax

Reaction score
The insurance company emailed me today saying that they want me to remove the motor and fuel tank! So they can do a proper estimate. WTF you have to split the boat to pull the tank. I already removed the motor because it was ready to fall off at any moment.

Frankenmax

Reaction score
IMG_0498.JPG

Finally got it back this morning! I’ll hang the motor tomorrow, I’ve been up since yesterday afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_0498.JPG
    IMG_0498.JPG
    214.5 KB · Views: 176