WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I'm going off the rails on a crazy train

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
About as much sense as Bakersfield to Fresno...
You forgot the part where we already have train service Bakerfield to Fresno and extending all the way to Sacramento and Oakland...

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
When I was working in Fresno I was told you will never see a train on the tracks

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
California would’ve been smart they would’ve got with Nevada and did a bullet train to Vegas there’s money

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Add Lanes both directions Victorville/Vegas rename the highway "American Autobahn". Incredible warm up to a great weekend in Vegas.There would be enough $$$ left over to include I40 Barstow to Needles Grade.Set minimum speeds say 90 + .

rrrr

Reaction score
Not to change the subject, or derail your thread, but how are you healing from your knee/hip replacement surgery?
I apologize if I dont recall which you had done?
You getting around ok? Pain subside?
How did that whole deal turn out?

The hip itself is OK. It's difficult to drive more than an hour, but as a passenger I can move around enough to get comfortable.

But the surgery has displaced a nerve that runs through my quads, and it creates severe pain that shows up every few weeks. It's like turning on a switch. I will be walking normally, and suddenly I'll struggle to cross a room.

I've done six weeks of PT and had a direct injection of cortisone on the nerve, but it hasn't changed much. I'm going to try a nerve blocking procedure next. My orthopedic surgeon pretty much shrugged his shoulders and said "Well, the joint replacement is perfect". Asshole.

Last thing I needed was another failed surgery. I've been complaining more than Yellowboat lately, it's not helping.

A large part of my complaints about California are because the stupidity of the state government is spreading elsewhere. Dallas city council passed an ordinance a few months ago that requires all employers to provide employees with one hour of paid sick leave for every thirty hours of work, capped at six days total. It's not their place to dictate policy to business owners, especially those with just a few employees.

The ordinance requires all employers, even those outside Dallas, to provide the leave to any employee working within the Dallas city limits. That means small employers have to keep records of every time an employee is within the city limits, for example a one hour and forty five minute trip from Plano into Dallas to pick up parts. Really?

Two Collin County firms, which is north of Dallas County, have filed a federal lawsuit challenging the ordinance, and the Texas Attorney General has joined to suit, saying it violates state law.

Similar ordinances in San Antonio and Austin have been ruled to be illegal and are being appealed, but that didn't stop the city council, and now Dallas taxpayers are on the hook for legal fees. It's ridiculous they passed the ordinance, knowing it would face a legal challenge. They should have waited for the lawsuits in the other cities to be adjudicated.

Thank you for asking about my health. I will try to be less of a crabby old motherfucker in the future, it's tough because all of my health problems have made my formerly fun and active life just a memory.

Last edited:

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
The hip itself is OK. It's difficult to drive more than an hour, but as a passenger I can move around enough to get comfortable.

But the surgery has displaced a nerve that runs through my quads, and it creates severe pain that shows up every few weeks. It's like turning on a switch. I will be walking normally, and suddenly I'll struggle to cross a room.

I've done six weeks of PT and had a direct injection of cortisone on the nerve, but it hasn't changed much. I'm going to try a nerve blocking procedure next. My orthopedic surgeon pretty much shrugged his shoulders and said "Well, the joint replacement is perfect". Asshole.

Last thing I needed was another failed surgery. I've been complaining more than Yellowboat lately, it's not helping.

A large part of my complaints about California are because the stupidity of the state government is spreading elsewhere. Dallas city council passed an ordinance a few months ago that requires all employers to provide employees with one hour of paid sick leave for every thirty hours of work, capped at six days total. It's not their place to dictate policy to business owners, especially those with just a few employees.

The ordinance requires all employers, even those outside Dallas, to provide the leave to any employee working within the Dallas city limits. That means small employers have to keep records of every time an employee is within the city limits, for example a one hour and forty five minute trip from Plano into Dallas to pick up parts. Really?

Two Collin County firms, which is north of Dallas County, have filed a federal lawsuit challenging the ordinance, and the Texas Attorney General has joined to suit, saying it violates state law.

Similar ordinances in San Antonio and Austin have been ruled to be illegal and are being appealed, but that didn't stop the city council, and now Dallas taxpayers are on the hook for legal fees. It's ridiculous they passed the ordinance, knowing it would face a legal challenge. They should have waited for the lawsuits in the other cities to be adjudicated.

Thank you for asking about my health. I will try to be less of a crabby old motherfucker in the future, it's tough because all of my health problems have made my formerly fun and active life just a memory.

Well, shit. Get that sorted out!
:D

Get better you crabby old mudderfuker. :p:p

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Why is CA paying....because 80% of the road used to get to Vegas from LA/OC is in CA. They can not expand the road fast enough for the amount of growing traffic. Add the new football team and all the “deep south californians” are going to cause raider nation convoys to vegas 4 months a year.

Maybe, but that seems like a lot of money for 20-30k people traveling for 8 weekends a year.

Above grade bullet trains are so last millennium... They should be building a hyperloop. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missouri_Hyperloop