WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Im just not sure..

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
...Seems like alot of work!

I went to my local boat launch on my way home today to see if they have put the dock back in yet.

I had to park and watch this process. He started inflating when I pulled in. Took probably 45min to get it to the last pics. 9.9hp honda. Then he tossed a trolling motor in the float boat also with a battery that looked like something out of a CAT probably 14" wide 24" long. Then he decided that was to heavy to drag down to the ramp so he took those out.

I think I would have opted for a little aluminum boat on a trailer and called it a day.

But to each their own I guess.

20210416_153629.jpg
20210416_153632.jpg
20210416_154018.jpg
20210416_154020.jpg
20210416_154021.jpg
20210416_154423.jpg
20210416_154432.jpg
20210416_154957.jpg
20210416_154958.jpg
20210416_155151.jpg
20210416_155156.jpg

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I kind of feel the same way with people that have inflatable SUP's.

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
I kind of feel the same way with people that have inflatable SUP's.

A paddle board makes sense to me. But you dont have to bolt a motor in it. Let alone loading the motor in and out of your rig. The 150lb battery he was gonna pack for his trolling motor that he opted out of when he couldnt lift the front to walk it down the ramp. Not to mention hauling it up the ramp by hand..lol

Speaking of which. My ol lady has been looking at "yoga" paddle boards to do yoga on the river. I know you've been into the paddle board stuff. Any suggestions?

GRADS

Reaction score
A paddle board makes sense to me. But you dont have to bolt a motor in it. Let alone loading the motor in and out of your rig. The 150lb battery he was gonna pack for his trolling motor that he opted out of when he couldnt lift the front to walk it down the ramp. Not to mention hauling it up the ramp by hand..lol

Speaking of which. My ol lady has been looking at "yoga" paddle boards to do yoga on the river. I know you've been into the paddle board stuff. Any suggestions?
Im just not a big fan of inflatables but I know some people on here lover their's. They just flex too much for me.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
You sat and watched that for 45 minutes or more....... Bored?

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
Im just not a big fan of inflatables but I know some people on here lover their's. They just flex too much for me.

So an inflatable probably wouldn't be a good option for a yoga board?

Yes I'm honestly asking your advice because we know nothing about SUP's
She is a certified yoga instructor and has been wanting one for a year or so now. Just hasn't pulled the trigger. Cause it's a decent chunk of change especially never being on or using one before.

Last edited:

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
You sat and watched that for 45 minutes or more....... Bored?

Yep. When I showed up looking at an inflatable raft not yet inflated, and an outboard on wheels next to it. All pulled out of a full size sprinter van. How could you not wait and see how it panned out?

I guess curiousosity killed the cat🤣

But it was pretty interesting to watch.

And as @Blue Said. That's where they have pushed all the homeless because of covid. So watching them try and pick rocks out of the asphalt is good entertainment also🤣

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Was he blocking the launch ramp?? If so . . . he’s an A-hole. If not, who cares WTF he does.

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
Was he blocking the launch ramp?? If so . . . he’s an A-hole. If not, who cares WTF he does.

Did I say I cared WTF he does? No, I said "I'm just not sure.. seems like alot of work"

Did I say it was a bad thing? No

But let's see.. it is boating content, and last i checked, this is a boating site!!🤷🏻‍♂️

It was something different that I had never seen before. So I talked to the guy, took some pics and posted them!

Rayson1971

Reaction score
Too far from the water to do it in the prep area.

GRADS

Reaction score
So an inflatable probably would be a good option for a yoga board?

Yes I'm honestly asking your advice because we know nothing about SUP's
She is a certified yoga instructor and has been wanting one for a year or so now. Just hasn't pulled the trigger. Cause it's a decent chunk of change especially never being on or using one before.
If you have a truck or car with racks go with a rigid one instead of an inflatable. If you have no room to store it, go with an inflatable. Other than that a rigid one is the only way to go. I've ridden some pretty stiff inflatables but they don't even compare to a solid board.

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
If you have a truck or car with racks go with a rigid one instead of an inflatable. If you have no room to store it, go with an inflatable. Other than that a rigid one is the only way to go. I've ridden some pretty stiff inflatables but they don't even compare to a solid board.

Sorry the first sentence was supposed to be "wouldn't" not "would" my bad

Taboma

Reaction score
...Seems like alot of work!

I went to my local boat launch on my way home today to see if they have put the dock back in yet.

I had to park and watch this process. He started inflating when I pulled in. Took probably 45min to get it to the last pics. 9.9hp honda. Then he tossed a trolling motor in the float boat also with a battery that looked like something out of a CAT probably 14" wide 24" long. Then he decided that was to heavy to drag down to the ramp so he took those out.

I think I would have opted for a little aluminum boat on a trailer and called it a day.

But to each their own I guess.

View attachment 993033 View attachment 993035 View attachment 993036 View attachment 993037 View attachment 993038 View attachment 993039 View attachment 993040 View attachment 993041 View attachment 993042 View attachment 993043 View attachment 993044

Wife and I owned many various inflatables we used as a dinghy on our sports fisher and to travel to various lakes to use recreationally. I've fished way offshore San Diego in one and caught a 70 Lb Mako shark off Avalon. Over a span of almost 20 years, we had more fun in our inflatables than any other type of boat we've owned. The stability of an inflatable and it's ability to handle rough water far surpasses that of any small aluminum fishing boat. Yes, if you're going to deflate and inflate it with each use, that would be a pain in the ass. But we hauled one of our small ones and an 8hp engine in the back of my wife's Camaro one trip --- you ain't doing that with any aluminum boat.
The problem now-a-days, is the damned heavy-ass 4 stroke outboards, like that Honda he's sportin.

707dog

Reaction score
we are pretty aware you have ridden some "stiff inflatables" in your time 🤪 😅

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Don't discount that the time needed is a feature, not a bug...

"I told you I'd be a while, it takes 45 minutes just to get the boat inflated and ready to go... "

buck35

Reaction score
The wife has an inflatable and loves it.ymmv.
We are on the Columbia up North