WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

[WTB] IMCO 1 1/4 prop shaft and billet carrier

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Currently have an IMCO 1” shaft and carrier, and looking to upgrade to the 1 1/4” shaft. Anyone upgrading to the larger shaft 1 7/16” I’m interested in your 1.25” let me know.

Duck'ed_Up

Reaction score
Currently have an IMCO 1” shaft and carrier, and looking to upgrade to the 1 1/4” shaft. Anyone upgrading to the larger shaft 1 7/16” I’m interested in your 1.25” let me know.

What’s your reason to want to change? I think a 1” propshaft behind a 525 is more than fine. As a matter of fact I have never personally seen a propshaft be the root cause of a broken drive. I’ve seen them break because the upper let go and locked the lower up but never one just break. Just some thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FROGMAN524

Reaction score

I’ve got the 1 7/16” but didn’t get the old parts back when IMCO rebuilt the lowers. They’re SM lowers.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
What’s your reason to want to change? I think a 1” propshaft behind a 525 is more than fine. As a matter of fact I have never personally seen a propshaft be the root cause of a broken drive. I’ve seen them break because the upper let go and locked the lower up but never one just break. Just some thought.

Well because I’m trying to plan some parts for when i have my drive gone through when we bump the power this fall. And well idk the tensile strength of the 1” Merc vs 1” IMCO and then the xr 1.25 vs the 1.25 IMCO there’s a reason behind it I’d imagine. My 1” should be as strong as the Xr but i don’t ever want to lose a prop or a day on the water + all the other bs that’d come from it if or when it breaks.

She's Mine

Reaction score

Your Max Machine Drive only has a 1" prop shaft? For some reason I thought they would have put a 1 1/4" shaft in it when you bought it. Hope you find what you need.