WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

IMCO Extreme SC and Drive Trim... How much is too much...

headshothills

Reaction score
I figured I would since this is new territory for me and I dont know if anyone else has the same issue....

The Livorsi drive trim goes to 8, but the actuators are only out about 2". The drive will keep going up well beyond the #8 on the indicator. The previous owner said he didnt go past 5 with the engine running cause he felt like it was binding the drive up because of the angle. So my question is... does this sound normal? Ive had it out once and the previous owner said he will normally keep the drive trim around 2-3, but that doesnt sound like much at all. Is there a "Safe" max operating angle when trimming it that shouldnt be exceeded? Does anyone else have the same issue with the Drive Trim indicator pegging out at 8 but still has lots more to travel?

Thanks in advance...

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
They have the same ujoints as Mercruiser drives. Mercruiser trim limiters limit the drive to 21 3/4" from bolt to bolt on the trim ram.

So.....trim it all the way in, have someone use a tape measure. When the bolts on the trim ram get close to 22" make a not of where your trim gauge is. You are safe there. You're honestly safe a little more. So don't worry about trimming to that spot and being exact.

headshothills

Reaction score
They have the same ujoints as Mercruiser drives. Mercruiser trim limiters limit the drive to 21 3/4" from bolt to bolt on the trim ram.

So.....trim it all the way in, have someone use a tape measure. When the bolts on the trim ram get close to 22" make a not of where your trim gauge is. You are safe there. You're honestly safe a little more. So don't worry about trimming to that spot and being exact.

Awesome, Thanks Paul!!

headshothills

Reaction score
image.jpg

Do I count what looks to be a spacer in there? thats probably another 3" +/-.... Then measure between to get my 22"... Didnt know if I should add those few inches to the total or not....

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
The spacer has no bearing on the total distance. That's just a sacrificial anode.

YW.

blownrat505

Reaction score
Sorry if iam high-jacking but outdrive 1 ive been trying to get a hold of you for some work on our boat. (pm if possible)