WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

IMCO SCX 1-7/16" Prop Shaft - Prop Nut Socket Size?

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm looking to buy a socket for getting the prop nut off an IMCO SCX drive with the 1-7/16" prop shaft. What's the prop nut socket size?

Is it 1-1/16"? I think that's what it was on a Bravo XR I used to have which seems like its not big enough for the SCX.

I have tried Googling this and I'm getting all the prop shaft size options, and prop nuts for the SCX, but nothing says the actual socket size you need.

And yes, if I had the boat right now I'd just go look and see, but its still in the repair shop.

This should be easy. Thanks!

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I’d guess yes based on a quick search for “prop wrenches” on Teague as well IMCO they both sell custom 1 1/16” wrenches. I may have to buy this one now ........ damn this thread 🤣🤣

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
I’d guess yes based on a quick search for “prop wrenches” on Teague as well IMCO they both sell custom 1 1/16” wrenches. I may have to buy this one now ........ damn this thread 🤣🤣

Well it doesn't say anything about IMCO so while it covers all the Mercury options its not a lock that IMCO would work.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Well it doesn't say anything about IMCO so while it covers all the Mercury options its not a lock that IMCO would work.
Yea was just saying when searching both Teague as well Imco’s sites both only showed 1 1/16 wrenches. I’d just call IMCO and ask Brad.
+1 (909) 592-6162

2droppedchevs

Reaction score
I meant to respond to this earlier. I went out
to the shop and looked, it is a 1-1/16" for the 1-7/16 shaft nut.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
So another dumb question. Should you use an impact driver to take the nut off or on (for on, only after you start the nut by hand)? Or is it preferable to use a large breaker bar and do it manually?

I know of places that use the impact driver pretty routinely but I dont know if its good to do it. Its kind of like the warning the car manufacturer gives you about lug nuts on car wheels. They tell you not to do it, but then every tire shop on the planet does it.