WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Imco SCX on Howard Sport Deck

236eaglexp

Reaction score
Are there any Howard sport deck owners who have done a full scx upper and lower? I can find results of scx upper/sc lower, but am looking for results/experience using the 1400 scx lower.

236eaglexp

Reaction score
Would also be interested in results from other single engine cat/deck boats.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
IMCO has a 3rd design for the lower case on the SCX drive , it's more streamlined and hydro-dynamic , it's supposed to net you only a small loss in top end . I have the 2nd design , and I've lost about 5 mph up top . But I don't worry about blowing up a Bravo based drive anymore .

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
My dad "underpressure" has a scx upper and lower on a 29ft nordic deck. This is mated to a blown 540. He has had good results. Perhaps he will post up. He went the scx after breaking a bravo xr and a imco sc. He is also spinning a 30p 5 blade. He may have lost 1-3 mph on the top end but who cares when your not breaking drives.

underpressure

Reaction score
My dad "underpressure" has a scx upper and lower on a 29ft nordic deck. This is mated to a blown 540. He has had good results. Perhaps he will post up. He went the scx after breaking a bravo xr and a imco sc. He is also spinning a 30p 5 blade. He may have lost 1-3 mph on the top end but who cares when your not breaking drives.

^^^^
Yea, what he said...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 40

236eaglexp

Reaction score
IMCO has a 3rd design for the lower case on the SCX drive , it's more streamlined and hydro-dynamic , it's supposed to net you only a small loss in top end . I have the 2nd design , and I've lost about 5 mph up top . But I don't worry about blowing up a Bravo based drive anymore .
Is the 1400 the newest lower?

underpressure

Reaction score
I think the scx drives are -2" compared to an xr. Did you space the scx back down? If so what size spacer did you end up with?

No spacer...I think that you can get the SCX in several configs.....