WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Important - River Toys Storage in Needles

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
I received information that there was a tragedy at River Toys Storage in needles and that people who store their boats there should make arrangements to remove their boats from storage. Contact their office for more information and regarding the status of your boat and if it has any effect on your storage.

To ease your minds, this has nothing to do with damage or fire or anything like that.

That's all the info I have at the moment.

rivergames

Reaction score
If that was my boat and I had to pick it up, my next stop would be to Billy B's new storage facility :thumbsup

Heylam

Reaction score
That's like yelling fire in a crowded movie theater. Lol [emoji14]

SCV2RVR

Reaction score
Is that the one right next to the 40, across from Paradise storage?

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Gesundheit

IMG_8561.jpg

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Shinto is right. I just heard the news myself. Out of respect for the family we will not say what happened. I have heard from a friend that they want to close up shop now

kiethco

Reaction score
Why close it, maybe sell it, someone could buy it and help them out. Depending on what happened this could be a totally insensitive post. But storage facilities seem to do ok out there.

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
Place not making money? Land for sale and facility available for purchase?

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Hopefully everything works out. I don't think a bunch of people blowing uontheir phones or pulling boats out is going to help matters but I get the concern of having a boat there.

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I texted friends who store there last night.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Does Billy bs have available space? Going to be tough tying to move a boat somewhere beginning of summer

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Have you seen his building. Place is huge. Dirt floors though. :D

I wanted to go by the other day but we were hungry so we just went home. I figured it would fill up pretty fast

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
Sad deal but isn't it a bit of a knee jerk reaction. Hire somebody.
Sounds like they got it taken care of. There is an update a couple posts up.

Definitely seemed weird that the place was imploding.

MrMayhem

Reaction score
I'm curious. Did the family want everyone to remove their boats? If not, seems like a message like this is a good way to destroy their business and pour salt on an already very big wound.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I'm curious. Did the family want everyone to remove their boats? If not, seems like a message like this is a good way to destroy their business and pour salt on an already very big wound.

Those were my exact thoughts but I didn't want to get in any trouble this weekend

MrMayhem

Reaction score
Haha. Maybe that was the message the family wanted. I really don't know.

DCBEXTREME24HP

Reaction score
That's too bad. Steve was a cool guy. Sad to see this happen, but he seemed to have some demons haunt him with personal life problems. Wish he could have worked it out or gotten some help.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
This is un related to what happened there with the manager, but I was discussing this with a friend. He tells me that they were planning to slowly shut the place down as storage leases terminated when the renewal dates came up. They were planning to turn the place into a grow operation (which is booming right now in Needles). This plan was in place before the manager killed himself.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I was told the family wanted to close the business so they asked to spread the word.

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
This is un related to what happened there with the manager, but I was discussing this with a friend. He tells me that they were planning to slowly shut the place down as storage leases terminated when the renewal dates came up. They were planning to turn the place into a grow operation (which is booming right now in Needles). This plan was in place before the manager killed himself.

Property is cheap out there but the electric bills would be profit killers in the summer. If you can't keep the rooms cool enough, the weed will suck. Unless they're talking about extracting?

Seriously, if that place is for sale, I want to know!!! $$$

Is it individual garages or shared building?

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I was told the family wanted to close the business so they asked to spread the word.

That is what I was told too. My source is the guy who is going to turn this into a grow warehouse. They have already started construction

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Property is cheap out there but the electric bills would be profit killers in the summer. If you can't keep the rooms cool enough, the weed will suck. Unless they're talking about extracting?

Seriously, if that place is for sale, I want to know!!! $$$

Is it individual garages or shared building?

There must be something appealing about doing it in Needles , because there are massive buildings going up everywhere as grow operations. We're talking 60,000sqft buildings. It's already earned the nickname "weedles"

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
There must be something appealing about doing it in Needles , because there are massive buildings going up everywhere as grow operations. We're talking 60,000sqft buildings. It's already earned the nickname "weedles"
Yep. I got a bid invite for a grow building in Needles. Couldn't believe so I called my buddy who is on some building commission in Needles and he said the same thing you posted.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
King City, Ca did the same thing. From what I understand just a Zoning or allowance for weed growing in certain parts of town. Hopefully the tax dollars can re-pave that POS Needles HWy:rolleyes . Getting enough Power from the grid for all the demand was the problem last I heard..

I bet
We would lose power at our house at least twice a month last summer.
Good thing weed doesn't need Wifi....cause Needles internet sux too!