WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

In case you haven’t lost hope..

DWC

Reaction score
In case you haven’t lost hope in the younger generations. We might be screwed.
6D8D4650-A13B-4418-A0C2-AE223B0A944D.jpeg

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Probably didn’t want to talk to the Social Security Company about how the Police are going to arrest him unless he gives them his credit card information, lol.

The Man Bun Generation is doomed 🤦‍♂️

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I'll say it again . . . Glad you never had kids.

Dan'l
Funny story . . . . last gal I dated had 3 . . . 2 girls 1-Boy . . . their grandpa came out once from Utah & 'tried' to make the boy help him with a brake job on her Tahoe. While grandpa was under the truck, the idiotstick kid who refused to help, decided to mess with the jack & turned the valve lowering the jack !!!. . . . . the ensuing f-bombs from grandpa were all-time !!!!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Funny story . . . . last gal I dated had 3 . . . 2 girls 1-Boy . . . their grandpa came out once from Utah & 'tried' to make the boy help him with a brake job on her Tahoe. While grandpa was under the truck, the idiotstick kid who refused to help, decided to mess with the jack & turned the valve lowering the jack !!!. . . . . the ensuing f-bombs from grandpa were all-time !!!!
I still have the dent in my sternum from a similar event in high school. Old school jack, with the aluminum knob and T handle. No stands, just tightening up collectors...
My girlfriend at the time (Honors classes, valedictorian...and F'n gorgeous 😍) was not so up on common sense. She grabbed the knob and turned it. Luckily my buddy was there, Nascar pit stop speed.
The girl was scared to tears...pretty sure she made it up to me in some way 😏

Here's what's really funny though. That girl has her PhD, and last I heard is a principal in southern California...Those are the types that dominated the schools I guess.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I still have the dent in my sternum from a similar event in high school. Old school jack, with the aluminum knob and T handle. No stands, just tightening up collectors...
My girlfriend at the time (Honors classes, valedictorian...and F'n gorgeous 😍) was not so up on common sense. She grabbed the knob and turned it. Luckily my buddy was there, Nascar pit stop speed.
The girl was scared to tears...pretty sure she made it up to me in some way 😏

Here's what's really funny though. That girl has her PhD, and last I heard is a principal in southern California...Those are the types that dominated the schools I guess.
That's classic ! Yeah . . . this kid was/is a genius book-wise . . . but has less than ZERO common sense. When he first got his license, momma put one of those 'Lo-Jack' tracker apps on his phone . . . she caught him doing 90 down PCH in her tahoe w/ other kids in the car the first week he got his license. She asked me, "What should I do" . . . I replied, 'Make him ride his bike for 3-months to teach him a lesson" . . . . NOPE, that was too mean . . . . so what did she do??? . . . basically nothing . . . a few weeks later he had 5 of his buddies in the Tahoe . . . it was raining and he spun it out and wrapped it around a tree . . . totaled it . . . fortunately they were all ok . . . she knew I'd be STEWED over it, and tried to keep it from me . . . once i found out we were done . . . I can't tolerate stupid.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
That's classic ! Yeah . . . this kid was/is a genius book-wise . . . but has less than ZERO common sense. When he first got his license, momma put one of those 'Lo-Jack' tracker apps on his phone . . . she caught him doing 90 down PCH in her tahoe w/ other kids in the car the first week he got his license. She asked me, "What should I do" . . . I replied, 'Make him ride his bike for 3-months to teach him a lesson" . . . . NOPE, that was too mean . . . . so what did she do??? . . . basically nothing . . . a few weeks later he had 5 of his buddies in the Tahoe . . . it was raining and he spun it out and wrapped it around a tree . . . totaled it . . . fortunately they were all ok . . . she knew I'd be STEWED over it, and tried to keep it from me . . . once i found out we were done . . . I can't tolerate stupid.
In my case, I was a sophomore, she was a senior...I was blinded by boobies!
My own stupidity really, not hers. Chicks were banned from that garage after that!

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
He didn’t want to get 50% off direct tv either

Reactions: DWC

530RL

Reaction score
There is always a bell curve in every generation. This individual just might be slotted to the left end?

But each generation always rallies and pulls through when needed.

the-older-generation-of-vikings-no-doubt-complained-that-the-24244647.png

Last edited:

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
Good god, this incoming generation is fucking doomed,I am at the Newport El Car Show few weeks back, I bought two TK Burger combos 24 bucks even, handed the
gal 2 crisp 20's. She breaks out her Cell, I think, no don't do it- she does, here pops up her calculator. She hands me the 16 bucks' and I promptly ask my kids ages 10 and 8 what 40 minus 24 is, they respond 16 dad! She was so confused. 🤣

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I've shared this before here . . . but this reminds me again . . . . when I was in junior-high . . . I rounded a corner on my bike and went head-to-head w/ a high-school kid on a bike. . . flipped over the handle bars etc. . . . . i told him to "FUCK-OFF" and booked away (bad-idea) . . . . he chased me to my house where my Dad was working in the garage . . . thought I made it home free . . . the other kid rolls up and says, "he was going the wrong way on the sidewalk, hit me, and told me to fuck-off" . . . oh shit . . . pops grabbed me by my belt and gave me a 'Tune-Up' right there on the driveway while the other kid laughed !!!! . . . . hence why i still remember it like it was yesterday !

HotRod82

Reaction score
I've shared this before here . . . but this reminds me again . . . . when I was in junior-high . . . I rounded a corner on my bike and went head-to-head w/ a high-school kid on a bike. . . flipped over the handle bars etc. . . . . i told him to "FUCK-OFF" and booked away (bad-idea) . . . . he chased me to my house where my Dad was working in the garage . . . thought I made it home free . . . the other kid rolls up and says, "he was going the wrong way on the sidewalk, hit me, and told me to fuck-off" . . . oh shit . . . pops grabbed me by my belt and gave me a 'Tune-Up' right there on the driveway while the other kid laughed !!!! . . . . hence why i still remember it like it was yesterday !
Shit I think we must be brothers! Exactly what my Dad would have done.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Didn't know there was a right way to ride a bike on a side walk. Ass whoopin' for both.

mbrown2

Reaction score
I don’t blame him. He was afraid he would have to renew his car warranty before they picked him up.

But he would have gotten a Free Road Hazard Tire & Wheel plan with the purchase of a major plan!
*Restrictions apply​