WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

In Honor Of Jim Cole's Memory.......Let's See Your COLE

bagged97taco

Reaction score
There are more outboard firestars out there. One just sold a few months back. I should have bought it to add to the Cole collection.

Taboma

Reaction score
I love your boat. Sometimes I think my 250 is too big for the river. I can see this Night Hawk running all day at Parker! Just beautiful.

Thanks I appreciate that compliment :thumbup:--- your 250S is beautiful !!!

Just prior to the start of our 220 (NH) build Jim rolled out his first 250S, closed bow, orange, red, blue with some checkers near the transom. Had Mercruiser power, I don't recall it being a blue motor but I could be wrong, this was in late 1997. Jim took my wife and I to Castaic for a test ride in that beauty.
We really really liked it, rode so nice and felt fast, at least as fast as we were able to play with the patrol eyeballing us.
Left thoroughly conflicted, we had a 1995 Superhawk with a 454 Mag we were trading in and the idea was to build a new Hawk with big power from the bottom up rather than just upgrade the 95'. But now after riding in the 250S, what now ? :rolleyes
The 250S was a few more $$, but not that much, we knew it would run great with the Pfaff engine we were having built ---- shit, we went back and forth. We ended up staying the course with the 22' Hawk, built with no windshield because in a way I was trying to relive my youth when I was racing everything on the strip running a nice wood deck Hondo flatty.
Since we don't do weekends at Havasu the Hawk runs just fine and one thing that boat does well, it flat pins your ass to the seat. If we were boating weekends, I'd own a 250S, no question.

There's times I regret not going with the 250S, it's an awesome boat, of course now I'm 17 older and my body doesn't hesitate to remind me I'm not a kid anymore :D

boater250s

Reaction score
Thanks I appreciate that compliment :thumbup:--- your 250S is beautiful !!!

Just prior to the start of our 220 (NH) build Jim rolled out his first 250S, closed bow, orange, red, blue with some checkers near the transom. Had Mercruiser power, I don't recall it being a blue motor but I could be wrong, this was in late 1997. Jim took my wife and I to Castaic for a test ride in that beauty.
We really really liked it, rode so nice and felt fast, at least as fast as we were able to play with the patrol eyeballing us.
Left thoroughly conflicted, we had a 1995 Superhawk with a 454 Mag we were trading in and the idea was to build a new Hawk with big power from the bottom up rather than just upgrade the 95'. But now after riding in the 250S, what now ? :rolleyes
The 250S was a few more $$, but not that much, we knew it would run great with the Pfaff engine we were having built ---- shit, we went back and forth. We ended up staying the course with the 22' Hawk, built with no windshield because in a way I was trying to relive my youth when I was racing everything on the strip running a nice wood deck Hondo flatty.
Since we don't do weekends at Havasu the Hawk runs just fine and one thing that boat does well, it flat pins your ass to the seat. If we were boating weekends, I'd own a 250S, no question.

There's times I regret not going with the 250S, it's an awesome boat, of course now I'm 17 older and my body doesn't hesitate to remind me I'm not a kid anymore :D
Maybe this is the boat you rode in. This is from a Hot Boat cover, 1998. Their aren't many hard deck 250s. Actually I've only seen mine and this one on the cover of this magazine. I can hear your passion for Cole Boats, I share your passion.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 158

Taboma

Reaction score
Yup, that's the one, Thanks :thumbup:

NicPaus

Reaction score
That is a sweet looking boat. I saw that when I was looking, unfortunately, everyone else in my family wanted a open bow. That's an incredible price.

It just popped up at that price. Looks Nice so I posted the link.

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
It just popped up at that price. Looks Nice so I posted the link.

A few months back when I was checking it out, it was at 17K, he must be a little anxious to sell. Someone will get a great deal!!

Sbarry

Reaction score
I was really digging that boat especially for the price but then noticed the pink accents in the gel and the interior piping... Kinda let me down :(

NicPaus

Reaction score
I was really digging that boat especially for the price but then noticed the pink accents in the gel and the interior piping... Kinda let me down :(

No pink on my screen, you check it out in person? $13,999 CL means offer $10K cash but bring $12K with you for negotiating. Offer in person.

Sbarry

Reaction score
No pink on my screen, you check it out in person? $13,999 CL means offer $10K cash but bring $12K with you for negotiating. Offer in person.

No didn't go see it. Check it out on a PC, you'll see the pink. I can barely see it in my phone so I opened it on the laptop... It's a pale colored pink

Sbarry

Reaction score

Never mind the childish markup but....
<<<< not very tech savvy lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418012719.918196.jpg

Other than the pink, I really like this boat. Have read some issues with the chine on the Super Hawks but I'm assuming that's only an issue with gobs of HP under the hatch for higher speeds. Love the lines though!!

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
I bet it's orange not pink. In have a friend w/ one in the same colors and his pin lines are orange.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Should I use the magic box and open it on the tv [emoji4]

TCHB

Reaction score
When we would go to the boat drags in Southern California you would see so man Cole boats racing. They were very nice boats and built solid.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score

Sbarry

Reaction score

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
RIP Jim always a stand up guy and built some very fast boats with great line
he was working on a 26 cat before he became ill. This cat has state of the art
lines and that Cole flair. As far as I know this mold is done but no boats produced
as of yet.

Wow, I'd like to know more about that if you have any info? I know Kevin at Carrera ended up with the nighthawk, 250, and 280 molds.. This is the first I've heard of a Cat from Jim Cole.

Heres my friends
I think he wants to trade it for a jet boat since he has a place in bullhead
View attachment 380525

I had a 1990 cole a few years back and sold to a friend of pink taco. Coles are a very well built boat. I remember cole from the la boats shows and always wanted one

rvrrat350, the guy that owns this jetboat Cole is a friend of Tom's. He might be interested in trading for that I/O boat? If you want I can track him down and ask him?

RD

rvrrat350

Reaction score
[QUOTE

rvrrat350, the guy that owns this jetboat Cole is a friend of Tom's. He might be interested in trading for that I/O boat? If you want I can track him down and ask him?

RD[/QUOTE]

He mentioned it to me last summer
Ill ask if hes was serious
His is a 95 20.5 Super Sport W/350 and bravo 1
garage kept in BHC

what year is toms friend? and is it an open bow?
dont think he would wanna closed bow

Taboma

Reaction score
WOW, nice, that's one hell of a family play boat :D
Appears the seats were changed from back to backs to a forward facing rear.
That trailer is just as crazy wild as is the boat, never seen a double axle with that kind of stagger --- I'm amazed it turns, or does it just drag the rears around the corner ?
That entire package is most amazing :thumbup:

H20-ski

Long Member
Reaction score
That trailer is just as crazy wild as is the boat, never seen a double axle with that kind of stagger --- I'm amazed it turns, or does it just drag the rears around the corner ?

That is definitely the strangest trailer set up I have seen. :hmm

vstdispatch

Reaction score

This is my friends boat. Correct it used to have back to back seats and that was just all changed out. The trailer works perfect he did it that way just to be different and to not have to add a 3rd axle.

H20-ski

Long Member
Reaction score
There is some nice ass looking boats in here!! :thumbup: Like all of them.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Wow. The response to this thread has been fantastic. There are some STUNNING Cole's in here. :champagne:

rvrrat350

Reaction score
Wow, I'd like to know more about that if you have any info? I know Kevin at Carrera ended up with the nighthawk, 250, and 280 molds.. This is the first I've heard of a Cat from Jim Cole.

RD

Hey Dave i talked to him and he does wanna trade for a Jet bote so if ya wanna ask him go for it

he said the interior was re done recently and so was the stereo

Hammer

Reaction score
[QUOTE

RD

He mentioned it to me last summer
Ill ask if hes was serious
His is a 95 20.5 Super Sport W/350 and bravo 1
garage kept in BHC

what year is toms friend? and is it an open bow?
dont think he would wanna closed bow[/QUOTE]

Bump for Damian....

Taboma

Reaction score
That is certainly no Nighthawk, I'd guess given the year it's a Cole 24' California Offshore. Maybe somebody here has input regarding ride, handing, etc.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
That is certainly no Nighthawk, I'd guess given the year it's a Cole 24' California Offshore. Maybe somebody here has input regarding ride, handing, etc.

Definitely not a Nighthawk. Seems like a good deal, bet you can get that boat for $20k.

I knew it wasn't a Nighthawk but I was looking at Google images trying to compare old shitty pictures. I'd get the HIN # before I went to look at it.

Definitely a Cole gel scheme...

Taboma

Reaction score
Not much info out there on them, one thread on RDP from 2011 mentioned one being spotted in the channel, but that's about it.
NADA guide shows it's beam as 7' 2", so would seem like old school narrow deep vee hull. Pic shows what appears to be added fixed cav plates inboard in addition to the outboard Bennetts.
Could be to assist roll over, or higher speed chine walk due to narrow beam ??

Does seem like a nice boat for the $$$$ :thumbsup

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Not much info out there on them, one thread on RDP from 2011 mentioned one being spotted in the channel, but that's about it.
NADA guide shows it's beam as 7' 2", so would seem like old school narrow deep vee hull. Pic shows what appears to be added fixed cav plates inboard in addition to the outboard Bennetts.

My dad's mini cruiser had fixed cavitation plates and a center skeg, handled like a dream.
The dash/gauge cluster/helm on this 24 looks a lot like a Warlock Euro.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

The 24' was tall. I think it was too tall for the bottom they had so they weren't considered a great riding boat in the chop.

I think their history of chine issues could be helped with today's knowledge and experimenting with drive height's, k-planes, etc...

I've never driven one so its just what I've heard over the years.

I almost bought a Cole TR3 earlier this week. That bottom is super crazy so maybe I just gravitate towards a wild ride [emoji2]

FASTJTBT144

Reaction score

RD
Carrera Kevin does have the cat mold also.

cole_skier

Reaction score
No I am not. Bought it three years ago from a guy in Bend OR.