WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

IN-N-OUT

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Yep, the fries do not travel, that's a fact, the only thing that helps them in terms of not having a terrible texture is to take the napkins off from covering them, but that will equal them getting colder faster, so will not work for your purpose. In N Out is definitely best for in person dining for sure. If I had to guess why the fries are so different than everywhere else, it must have to do with the combination of them only being single fried and kennebec potatoes. I know McDonalds double fries their stuff so that its cooked all the way through at a lower temp, and then dropped again at higher temp to get the crispiness on the outside. Carls Jr and other places certainly don't do that, but that frozen crap might have already been fried once before freezing and shipped out. Something in that process has to be the difference between everywhere else and how In N Out fries behave.

If you ask for the fries well done they are crispy like those canned shoestring potatoes or a potato chip and travel better in my experience.