WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

In need of a better Tax Accountant

Inland Air Balance

Certified in something
Reaction score
Im not looking for a person to lie about what we owe, just one that isnt just filling in the forms. Im about to get my ass handed to me and I think my current CPA is just basically filling in the form. The one I currently have is at a larger firm and is the 3rd one in the last 10 years due to personnel either retiring or transferring. My last CPA at that firm knew how to get slightly better results. The current one is a rule follower, to the letter. Being a S corp has its advantages, when it comes to actually having a good year it isn't, those wonderful profits all pull straight through.
Someone in the San Gabriel Valley with some kind of contracting experience would be great. Preferable a smaller firm.
Anyone got a good one that doesn't mind sharing their info?
TIA

Slats

Reaction score
Give Scott a call and see if he is able to help. One man show and great to work with.
tell him mike Slattery sent you. I get nothing for a referral. Just want him to know. Good luck.

Attachments

• 7F8E3E8F-B53D-4D45-827A-F3BB186C917D.png
    7F8E3E8F-B53D-4D45-827A-F3BB186C917D.png
    291 KB · Views: 99

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Who are you using now? Even the big firms gave various offices that have specialties.

Example: CLA is a big one on your area but because the Glendora location was VLS they are more school and nonprofits. CLA in Ontario was MJR which specialized in contractors and still has them around.

grumpy88

Reaction score
We had that problem a couple of years ago when our guy sold his business and retired . I paid the guy for his time and didn't let him file . I don't want to go to federal prison but I don't need somebody to just fill in the box's either .

Inland Air Balance

Certified in something
Reaction score
Who are you using now? Even the big firms gave various offices that have specialties.

Example: CLA is a big one on your area but because the Glendora location was VLS they are more school and nonprofits. CLA in Ontario was MJR which specialized in contractors and still has them around.
We are at CLA (prior VLS) Glendora

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
I know a guy in Tustin from water ski racing who is good, if you can deal with the distance.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
We are at CLA (prior VLS) Glendora

A lot of the corporate tax guys left with the merger. My FIL was a fraud examiner there for many many years for school districts.

Depending on your need, I’d move East. I’ll shoot you a DM although I know I know there are good CPAs on here and I love shared a couple clients with their firm.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Give Steve Tyre a call.

5703 Temple City Blvd, Temple City, CA 91780

(626) 285-7033

Lance called and was pleased with the the results.

151002-lance-ito-oj-trial-855a_223ac7e16604d72ac7d3a095fc004d9c.jpg

LakeMead Boater

Reaction score
@Inland Air Balance I sent you a PM. I can assist here, I'm with a full service CPA firm out of the South Bay (Torrance).

If anyone else is looking for a new accountant (tax, audit, or consulting) please feel free to reach out. My client base is primarily middle market privately held businesses.

While I don’t personally use Brad as my accountant, I cannot speak highly enough about his character. I bought a vehicle from him about a year ago. He was straight forward, honest, and a pleasure to work with. To the OP, while I know this doesn't necessarily help with your predicament, I can tell you that if I were ever to switch firms, he’d be my first and only call.