WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

In need of the brain trust advice...

Water Romper

Reaction score
Anybody have an idea how to bend this hook back into shape? I thought I would just replace it, but it seems I have to replace the whole cable. I can’t find a good replacement hook or the part to cinch the cable back into a loop through a replacement hook. I thought this would be a lot easier than it is turning out to be for my limited skill set and even more limited hand strength.
View attachment 987240
I can’t get it near a vice since it’s still on my trailer.. Maybe someone in Havasu has some sort of tool to bend that thing.
I know you are looking to put the "S" back in your S hook but i have to ask, how did this get bent so far out of shape? you didn't have a trailer mishap did you?

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I know you are looking to put the "S" back in your S hook but i have to ask, how did this get bent so far out of shape? you didn't have a trailer mishap did you?
I wasn't going to ask...but I know I've unhitched and not unplugged...also hitched, and answered phone, leaving the landing gear down on a big trailer...that makes some new sounds you don't like.