WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

In The Market For A New Pontoon Boat - Who Has The Best Deals In LHC?

riverratmike

Reaction score
Been wanting to purchase new pontoon boat for a few months now. Giving up on the Waverunner and want something my friends and family can enjoy. Looked around today in LHC today but a lot of places were closed. Looking for a 18ft - 22ft with either a 100 - 150HP Mercury or Yamaha 4 stroke outboard. Who has the best prices and who would you recommend? I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It's going to depend on the brand you want Mike.

Preston at Horizon would be my first stop. Check out the Weeres line he carries. He has some in stock that would fit the bill that you are looking for.

JR carries the Crest line which I am a huge fan of those boats.

Cactus RV up in the mall at the Northside of town carries the Berkshire line which is priced also priced decently.

Then you have Sun Country across from JR that carries Benningtons.

We are also looking at toons and other options

MrMayhem

Reaction score
We just added a 25 Avalon from Got Water, to the stable. Vaughn was a pleasure to deal with and went above and beyond. He probably has 10 boats in stock.

TCHB

Reaction score
I would go with a triple toon 22ft boat. Now start with Horizon.

riverratmike

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the input. Going to stick right around the 30K mark. Need so find out about re-financing my wife's car before all this can happen. We did stop at J/R Motors today and talked with Mike. He was the only pontoon dealershipt open Sunday. Yeah those Crest Pontoons are nice. Kinda have my eye open on one of them. But he wants 34K for it, bran new 2017 18ft.

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
you will NEED 3 tubes and at least 24' long for Havasu/river .

NEVER go less than 100 HP on an outboard pontoon, because the smaller O/B motors use TINY PROPS, and they are 'bad performers' on pontoons .

Contact local banks and credit unions for 'recent repos', and consider buying out of town for reasonable pricing .

I've had pontoons on Havasu since 1986, you need 'the right tool for the right job' .................

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Been wanting to purchase new pontoon boat for a few months now. Giving up on the Waverunner and want something my friends and family can enjoy. Looked around today in LHC today but a lot of places were closed. Looking for a 18ft - 22ft with either a 100 - 150HP Mercury or Yamaha 4 stroke outboard. Who has the best prices and who would you recommend? I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

I have a 28 tri-toon...

First, do not buy new!!! Prices are just ridiculous for some recycled beer cans with plywood and seats on the top. :thumbsdown

Get a tri-toon for sure.

I wouldn't go smaller than 24, the bigger the better. You'll thank me later on this one.

Find one with the biggest engine and Fuel tanks you can get! Shop around and compare what's out there. You can't have too much power or fuel. Toon's don't get on plane, ever, so get a big enough engine to push you 30mph or so. Anything slower gets Real old.

Find one that someone broke down and got a good Bimini for it. I have a full stainless on mine, so I can store it up in the radar position up and outa the way. Don't buy one with a Bimini that just has web straps.

Find one that has at least 2-3ft of deck out front, and a little out back. Otherwise docking the thing will be a nightmare. (especially with the current in Parker)

Spend your dollars on the engine and fuel tanks. All the other little creature comforts, you can add later on your own, at your own pace. :thumbsup

Don't be in a hurry to buy...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
We just added a 25 Avalon from Got Water, to the stable. Vaughn was a pleasure to deal with and went above and beyond. He probably has 10 boats in stock.

You are such a bad ass.. LOL I love you guys!!

you will NEED 3 tubes and at least 24' long for Havasu/river .

NEVER go less than 100 HP on an outboard pontoon, because the smaller O/B motors use TINY PROPS, and they are 'bad performers' on pontoons .

Contact local banks and credit unions for 'recent repos', and consider buying out of town for reasonable pricing .

I've had pontoons on Havasu since 1986, you need 'the right tool for the right job' .................

Never thought of hitting credit unions before.. That's a good idea!

RD

MrMayhem

Reaction score
Truth be told, I split the pontoon with my pops. He was too old to care for the Magic all on his own, and I'm too young and handsome to actually own a pontoon :) lol

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Truth be told, I split the pontoon with my pops. He was too old to care for the Magic all on his own, and I'm too young and handsome to actually own a pontoon :) lol

I don't give a shit who owns it! We are parting on it! Lol.

MrMayhem

Reaction score
I don't give a shit who owns it! We are parting on it! Lol.

Thought you would never ask! And Stacy or Des can drive it! My goal is to be a happy passenger on it whenever possible!

riverroyal

Reaction score

Me too. Bought from Vaughn a few seasons back. Seamless transaction. 100 percent satisfied on him and the toon
Tell him royal send u

MrMayhem

Reaction score
Me too. Bought from Vaughn a few seasons back. Seamless transaction. 100 percent satisfied on him and the toon
Tell him royal send u

Will do! We used it over the holiday and I was VERY IMPRESSED with how it handled the rough water. It's back at his place awaiting the low profile trailer we had to order.

RDPSHIPPING

Swags in the Bag
Reaction score
USA RV & Marine on 95 and Kiowa/LH Ave. We are more of Sun Tracker dealership but have voyager and other pontoons.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Will do! We used it over the holiday and I was VERY IMPRESSED with how it handled the rough water. It's back at his place awaiting the low profile trailer we had to order.

Why low profile? Garage issues? Mine is super tall. Guess I never thought about a lower one

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Center lift or traditional bunk?

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I would be looking at a used low hour 25' playcraft or Bennington with a 305 or 350.

The o/b market wasn't hot until recently and the resale will be too high.

New is ridiculous these days for a tritoon and you won't get much for 30k.

We have a 22.5 premiere tritoon with a merc 4cyl and alpha and it great for parker. Imho it wouldn't be big enough for havasu with any kind of chop or if you wanted to make a run to pirates or the springs. We are talking about selling and upgrading in the next couple years.

DLC

Reaction score

Can you post a pic or give out some specs on your boat? What size boat /motor/ floor plan?

We really like the Crest 3 tri toon, think it's the SLC 230 its the 24 ft. With an Adrenaline trailer! Looked at some of the other trailer manufactures and are thinking about keeping it local in Havasu.

I never knew there were so many options for a trailer.

Congratulations on your new boat!

DLC

MrMayhem

Reaction score
Haven't seen the trailer yet. We needed 4 inches to clear the garage. Smaller tire package for a couple inches and that let them lower the bunks a few inches as well. It better fit!

I will post some pics tomorrow. We got the "J" Lounge because there is room on the back to put the,,,,,, you guessed it, every wife needs to have it, Havasu famous....... Lilly Pad!

riverratmike

Reaction score
thanks again everyone on the useful info. This is what I have my eye on right now. 2015 25ft Venanda 175HP Yamaha 40 gallon gas tank, tritoon.

Attachments

• 00s0s_Fv8ES3EiY6_600x450.jpg
    00s0s_Fv8ES3EiY6_600x450.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 00V0V_entOZknoX9i_600x450.jpg
    00V0V_entOZknoX9i_600x450.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 00W0W_dAd3NFrBjGe_1200x900.jpg
    00W0W_dAd3NFrBjGe_1200x900.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 52

riverroyal

Reaction score
Haven't seen the trailer yet. We needed 4 inches to clear the garage. Smaller tire package for a couple inches and that let them lower the bunks a few inches as well. It better fit!

I will post some pics tomorrow. We got the "J" Lounge because there is room on the back to put the,,,,,, you guessed it, every wife needs to have it, Havasu famous....... Lilly Pad!

ha, pad takes up so much room. Ive seen them strapped to the side of boat, looks lame but I guess it would work. I wont get one, I refuse:D

bajaleo

Reaction score
I just so happened to be in LHC yesterday and looked at the Weeres boats at Horizon. They seemed like a good value for the money, although I'll admit I'm no expert.