WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

In today’s mountain lion news

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
http://www.dailynews.com/101-freeway-crossing-to-give-mountain-lions-other-wildlife-room-to-roam

Surprisingly I’d rather my tax dollars go to a mountain lion bridge instead of drug addict homeless housing.

How long until this Mountain Lion has a guaranteed pension? He already gets free healthcare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As stupendously stupid as this idea is, I'd still support it over just about anything else the doorknobs who are running CA could come up with.

Meaney77

Reaction score
It gets even better....

California is also pushing Bill AB1788 which is a new bill forcing pest control companies to move away from anticoagulant rodenticides basically to use a less effective poison. They are pushing this because there is some concern of impact to wildlife (mountain lions) if they ingest enough of this bait by eating dead rats/rodents who died from the bait it could potentially kill the mountain lion. One died locally around her in Ventura County recently.

We have been dealing with this at work along with our service provider and actually got called to put a business case together and present to a local senator on why we are not infavor of the new bill and its impact to our business. Looks like we our industry will be exempt from the new bill at-least for this year.... I am sure it will come up again next year.

I find it funny that people want more humane ways of killing things- killing them with poison is inhumane, killing them with traps is inhumane... some people have to much time on their hands to worry about this shit.

Last edited:

spectras only

Reaction score
Well, every time I read some weird news coming out of California, I wonder if the copycats down there are traveling in British Columbia, looking for ideas to spend more of taxpayer's money.:D we had those bridges and over passes for a long time here.
https://www.google.com/search?q=freeway+crossing+for+wildlife+in+Banff+area&client=firefox-b-d&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=qKuJcs-qV8e4tM%3A%2Cz5nAyQzdENwSUM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kQUysCLOcNh1gija4TMWs3QxBwJuA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjYxsywlZPkAhWVMX0KHS8gBzUQ9QEwAHoECAMQAw#imgrc=qKuJcs-qV8e4tM:

Banff
img_1.jpg

grizzly-at-banff-highway-underpass.jpg

Last edited:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Yeah same in Alaska.
They’ve had moose crossing areas for years now.
Mostly fences that funnel the animals to a given crossing rather than actual bridges.

But since well over a thousand moose are killed by cars there every year something had to be done.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Its California, that bridge will be covered in feces, needles and cardboard houses in a week
But only for a week or so.
Once a lion disembowls a few tweakers and leaves the remnants around....
I imagine that bridge becomes free of cardboard houses quick like.
Because...
The good news is those Cats will most likely only attack the weak. The granola eaters hiking along with faces buried in their phones will most likely be supplemental food sources.
It's win/win :D
as well as the passed out junkie;)

2Driver

Reaction score
Well, every time I read some weird news coming out of California, I wonder if the copycats down there are traveling in British Columbia, looking for ideas to spend more of taxpayer's money.:D we had those bridges and over passes for a long time here.

Banff

grizzly-at-banff-highway-underpass.jpg

Well tent camping in Banff is off the list, holy shit.

spectras only

Reaction score
Last edited:

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
There are quite a few of them when you approach Hoover dam, from the Arizona side.
Thanks, I don't remember passing under any when I was out 3 years ago but I remember the roadways.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
View attachment 790246

I’m pretty positive a load of rubber buckshot would have had those bears much more concerned.
I'm pretty sure my 8mm Weatherby Mag or my HnK .308 Mini14 would have made those shuffling carpets stand up and move out...or they would be my next fire warmer...:D

If I still had them of course, they were lost in a fire a few years back....:(:confused:;)

Riodog

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure my 8mm Weatherby Mag or my HnK .308 Mini14 would have made those shuffling carpets stand up and move out...or they would be my next fire warmer...:D

I must have been sleeping when they came out with an 8mm Weatherby mag.
Please post a pic of the case head.
Rio

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score

I must have been sleeping when they came out with an 8mm Weatherby mag.
Please post a pic of the case head.
Rio

Riodog

Reaction score
Good try Boatdoc55, BUT, no cigar!
The 8mm REMINGTON was introduced in 1978. If you find any Weatherby in 8mm it's either been rechambered or (my guess) it's been rebarreled. For the right amount of $ I'm sure Jr and the boys will be more than happy to build you one. LOL
If you want something with that kind of recoil -not counting the cost, $ per round, etc I'm thinking Gnanga might have something that would do the job. I only go up to a 30-378 Weatherby as I see no point in tearing up my shoulder in my old age.
Reference-> Weatherby.com
Rio

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Good try Boatdoc55, BUT, no cigar!
The 8mm REMINGTON was introduced in 1978. If you find any Weatherby in 8mm it's either been rechambered or (my guess) it's been rebarreled. For the right amount of $ I'm sure Jr and the boys will be more than happy to build you one. LOL
If you want something with that kind of recoil -not counting the cost, $ per round, etc I'm thinking Gnanga might have something that would do the job. I only go up to a 30-378 Weatherby as I see no point in tearing up my shoulder in my old age.
Reference-> Weatherby.com
Rio
I stand corrected but I'm NOT going to close the case until The mechanic from Santa Barbara chimes in, in his defense.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
If that woman's unbearable screechy voice doesn't run 'em off, nothing will......:eek: