WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Inducers are they worth it

riverrat4lfe

Reaction score
My dad's getting ready to have his dominator pump rebuilt in a couple weeks by MPD is it worth the money to get a inducer put in?
The boat is a 94 21-22 open bow commander with a 454 in it

copterzach

Reaction score
Yes it is. I have one in my 21' open bow DCM. If MPD is going yo have it apart I say do it. I also have the nozzle inserts that can be changed out. Never have done anything with the inserts though. MPD built the Dominator Pump in my boat so I had the hardened shaft, inducer and nozzle inserts addd at the time of build. Better to have it and not need it, than to have to tear you pump apart to add stuff. Just my .02.

cave

Reaction score
Before I added the Inducer, the pump had allot of cavitation. I had to feather the go pedal. After I added the H< inducer I could flat foot the go pedal with less cavitation.

For me the HM Inducer helped my launch. I didnt notice any top end problems. My hole shot forces you in the bucket. If Pops has the coin to install one I say do it.

Next question will be which one. lol I opted for the HM Inducer. Seamed to be a cleaner cut.

riverrat4lfe

Reaction score
I think he's going to defiantly do the inducer not sure of the brand that mpd uses

Reaction score
I have had 2 dps inducers. Helped both my boats out. Helped the griz out a ton.

Hallett Dave

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
My dad's getting ready to have his dominator pump rebuilt in a couple weeks by MPD is it worth the money to get a inducer put in?
The boat is a 94 21-22 open bow commander with a 454 in it

Yes and never look back. Chris at B-1 rebuilt my Berk pump last year on my Hallett Mini Cruiser.
I went with an inducer and a worked over stainless A- impellor.
Money well spent and now I can actually use the HP the engine makes. ymmv
Thanks again Chris.
HD

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
I have had 2 dps inducers. Helped both my boats out. Helped the griz out a ton.

I believe we have similar size boats under 500HP, what aspect did the inducer help with? Was it just it getting out of the hole or driveability all around. I did not opt for one when i did my pump last season, but it might be on the list for the next go around if it will make an improvement. Ride plate is going on this season so we will see if it helps the cruiser.

Reaction score
I believe we have similar size boats under 500HP, what aspect did the inducer help with? Was it just it getting out of the hole or driveability all around. I did not opt for one when i did my pump last season, but it might be on the list for the next go around if it will make an improvement. Ride plate is going on this season so we will see if it helps the cruiser.

I can't really tell a difference driving, but out of the hole the boat gets on plane much faster and easier. I'm not sure if I'll ever put a ride plate on. The boat rides pretty dry as it sits.

Boating218

Reaction score
Yes and never look back. Chris at B-1 rebuilt my Berk pump last year on my Hallett Mini Cruiser.
I went with an inducer and a worked over stainless A- impellor.
Money well spent and now I can actually use the HP the engine makes. ymmv
Thanks again Chris.
HD

Nice

rolltide

Reaction score
Made a huge difference on my 78 21' Eliminator. I'm running a CBB with a little work done to it. The decision was easy when Jack McClure at Performance Marine suggested it when we blueprinted the jet.