WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Inflation

jet496

Reaction score
I don't understand how they claim only 6% inflation for the past year when everything I purchase has doubled or let's say went up 50% last year & 50% year before.. They can basically throw out any number they like and we the people typically accept it as fact when in fact it's bull shit. Just sayin'.

just_floatin

Reaction score
CD26668D-61EC-40F7-9B6D-0DD49E49CF64.jpeg

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
Inflation used to be calculated on a consistent basket of goods, that is no longer the case. As well, the govt lies. It’s become ingrained in the way they run things. After they have lied they come back a few months later and “adjust” the lie.
I don't understand how they claim only 6% inflation for the past year when everything I purchase has doubled or let's say went up 50% last year & 50% year before.. They can basically throw out any number they like and we the people typically accept it as fact when in fact it's bull shit. Just sayin'.

just_floatin

Reaction score
Inflation used to be calculated on a consistent basket of goods, that is no longer the case. As well, the govt lies. It’s become ingrained in the way they run things. After they have lied they come back a few months later and “adjust” the lie.
Just like covid. If you do the opposite of what the government says. Your decisions will be spot on.
68774BF8-E3B7-45FF-A156-597FC70E5410.jpeg

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
They constantly revise the “basket of goods” to support their narrative.

Things that have volatile pricing are minimized or even excluded - you know, things like energy, gas, fuel.

Also, 1/3 of the CPI is for shelter - what you pay for housing. But this data is literally derived from phone surveys, asking homeowners “how much do you think you can rent your house for today?”

Homeowners have ZERO idea what their home would rent for on the open market, and they universally guess low, so this distorts the index.

Details here:

Last edited: