WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Influencers?

outboardrick

Reaction score
I know I pretty much live under a rock but I've just today read a couple of articles, on a couple of different news feeds, that are calling people on Instagram and FB "Influencers". Kardashion types.... Just who are these dregs "Influencing" and when and where did this term come from?

Enen

Reaction score
Social selling is the future and it’s here now. Influencers are people with social media followings that offer products or services to their followers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I know I pretty much live under a rock but I've just today read a couple of articles, on a couple of different news feeds, that are calling people on Instagram and FB "Influencers". Kardashion types.... Just who are these dregs "Influencing" and when and where did this term come from?

Companies pay them to recommend or sell their products..

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Hey, the world is all about social media where everyone shouts and no one listens

How anyone has time to "follow" people on social media and why they care enough to do that is beyond me. The time humans have on this planet is very limited and spending it on others on social media is perhaps the biggest waste of time possible (way more than spending time on RDP :D )

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
A few years ago, advertisers threw cubic dollars at these clowns.

The dollars have shrunk considerably, but everyone wants to make money by being famous for being famous.

99% of the time it’s retarded, because the influencer has zero expertise, they’re just delivering eyeballs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mike Honcho

Reaction score
This is funny, in July I was at a pool party and speaking to some hot 20 something year old chick and asked what she does and she said " I'm and influencer" first time I heard this term and she tried her best to explain how she rep.s products on social media and gets paid for it. I really didn't understand the concept or what she was saying may have been the beers but thought it was strange until I looked it up a week later. More power to them if they get paid for putting crap on their phones like the rest of that age demographic.

outboardrick

Reaction score
Somehow I envision a sheep herder or the Pied Piper :)
Are people really that stupid that they just follow what someone tells them to buy?

hallett21

Reaction score
Somehow I envision a sheep herder or the Pied Piper :)
Are people really that stupid that they just follow what someone tells them to buy?

-fill in any celebrity endorsing anything. 99% of the time they are not an expert in what they endorse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk