WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Inmate's New Mobile Media Blasting Business

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
One of our longtime Inmates @KNOTONDUTY has started a mobile dustless media blasting company "Robertsons Mobile Blasting". Based in Riverside County.

They remove coatings from Concrete, clean pool tile, stone, and rust removal.

Wish them well in their business. If you need media blasting, give them a call.

Disclaimer: I have not used their services. I'm just excited for a Buddy's new business venture.
20210324_204223.jpg
20210324_204417.jpg
20210324_204327.jpg

Sent From Tapatalk

3queens

Detachable Member
Reaction score
I was looking into this at one time
but my major hurtle is what Comyfornia will say or do about the runoff from media or what ever you are blasting
Do they require a catch basin , how do you dispose of said waste

Good for you going for it
Best of luck :cool:

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
OK, best of luck with a long overdo service. Now, can you blast the metalflake off a boat hull???? (Powersanding just turns to a goo because of the heat).... Next, a guess cost to blast a bare hull 68 Hydroflite hydro??? Just a guess, I know you'd need to see the boat before you could give any kind solid price...Does your system leave a "ready to paint" surface?? Can you blast the rust off of blacks/heads/cranks????
I know you can't get exact on cost for your services, just looking for rough ideas...
Ray 805 300 0012 Mohave Valley Az...(2 1/2 miles from Billy B's in Needles)

KNOTONDUTY

Reaction score
OK, best of luck with a long overdo service. Now, can you blast the metalflake off a boat hull???? (Powersanding just turns to a goo because of the heat).... Next, a guess cost to blast a bare hull 68 Hydroflite hydro??? Just a guess, I know you'd need to see the boat before you could give any kind solid price...Does your system leave a "ready to paint" surface?? Can you blast the rust off of blacks/heads/cranks????
I know you can't get exact on cost for your services, just looking for rough ideas...
Ray 805 300 0012 Mohave Valley Az...(2 1/2 miles from Billy B's in Needles)

Yes would definitely need to see it. But yes it can be done getting old gel coat and metal flake off. Since it’s done with water, I can keep the heat down. Yes with metals I can add a rust inhibitor to the media and water and do a final rinse with the inhibitor. I’m looking into some Really fine media that will keep the pitting down. Give me a call and we can discuss it. 442-306-9062

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KNOTONDUTY

Reaction score
I was looking into this at one time
but my major hurtle is what Comyfornia will say or do about the runoff from media or what ever you are blasting
Do they require a catch basin , how do you dispose of said waste

Good for you going for it
Best of luck :cool:

I have a permit for riverside county for just that. The run off is minimal since the is not a lot of water being put out. Clean up in mostly the media and which is recycled glass. It looks just like sand box sand honestly.

KNOTONDUTY

Reaction score
Good luck with the business!

I'm just here waiting for someone to talk towing about this setup...

[emoji16] [emoji16] [emoji16]

20210324_204327-jpg.985534

It my first choice. But the 4Runner is rated over what the trailer ways. And the suspension isn’t stock.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
It my first choice. But the 4Runner is rated over what the trailer ways. And the suspension isn’t stock.

It will be fine. Worst case shove a set of $75 Air Lift bags in the rear springs.

Put the trans in S5 to tow or S4 if the trans starts hunting or never goes into lockup in 5th.

Ol Man

Reaction score
I assume the glass ends up in the pool filter after blasting the scum? I assume blasting does no damage to the tile. Do you come up to Apple Valley. If so, PM me.

KNOTONDUTY

Reaction score
I assume the glass ends up in the pool filter after blasting the scum? I assume blasting does no damage to the tile. Do you come up to Apple Valley. If so, PM me.

For pools we use glass bead that doesn’t have the sharp edge and finer grit. Yes pool definitely has to be vacuumed out after.
We do.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Are you ever going to be in havasu? The guy that did it here doesn't any more.

Last edited:

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
How much would it cost to do an 8’ Truck Bed? I’m planning on doing a DIY Truck Bed Spray on Liner next weekend.

Your ad here

Reaction score
I have a permit for riverside county for just that. The run off is minimal since the is not a lot of water being put out. Clean up in mostly the media and which is recycled glass. It looks just like sand box sand honestly.

Best of luck. I got shutdown for pressure washing a sidewalk with straw waddle containment. Clean water filtered through it but travelled close to the catch basin. Enforcement guy didn't know the system and I called him out. He back pedalled and gave me a warning.