WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Insomnia sucks

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
I'm on two sleeping pills and can't go down.

Two many things running in my head.

SixD9R

Reaction score
I feel your pain woke up at 2 due to needing to use the restroom and bam wide awake
Yup happens to me all the time.
Sometimes I get into a pattern where I sleep well every other night. Usually towards the end of a work week I sleep better than the beginning.
The only thing I found that helps is to do some exercises in the evening and take 2 aspirin before bed.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Been up all night with a graveyard rated migraine.
Hit the Sumatriptan hoping it’ll melt away.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
Gotta get some quality sleep! Crucial for overall health. You gotta figure out what works for you to get some sleep. Magnesium and some hibiscus tea gets me sleepy and down for the count. I’ve heard some people do well with CBD, etc.

Also gotta try and reduced stress... easier said than done... but we all tend to take like way too serious.

WildWilly

Reaction score
I go through cycles of all the various methods and remedies. Some work for a little while, some not at all. THis week I tried the liquid Zquil. its like cough syrup but just the sleeping agent not any medicine. its worked decently for 2 nights, I'm sure it will be short lived.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I've been a chronic insomniac since I was a kid and frequently go through periods of sleeplessness that can lasts for weeks on end. Catch a cat nap whenever you think that you might be able to. Melatonin can be helpful sometimes. Exercise regularly and don't eat anything after 7 PM.

JDKRXW

Reaction score
I'm on two sleeping pills and can't go down.

Two many things running in my head.

Diet has helped my sleep (and other things) unbelievably.
1) Cut, and I mean seriously cut carbs and processed foods in your diet. Replace them with foods high in healthy fat (eg: cheese) and meat.
2) Stop snacking after dinner....and I mean nothing, other than water. Going to bed a little hungry is what you're after.

This has really helped me.

Last edited:

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
A Benadryl works for me, usually.
Background noise, like a fan.
Get up early and exercise.
Alcohol in the morning, makes me want a nap in the afternoon.
But sometimes my brain just runs wild. Too much to plan or worry about.
No caffeine after 12:00

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
When my brain won’t shut down I get up and and write down everything that pops up,

usually in the morning I got nuttin but chicken scratch on a piece of note pad.

My problem is racing/rapid thoughts...I can’t write that fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DLC

Reaction score
My problem is racing/rapid thoughts...I can’t write that fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I get that but I try to write it down and I’ll have 2 pages of notes that dont jive the next day, really weird, but once they are written down I don’t think about it.

it might not work for you and I don’t get it very often. It beats laying there thinking about why you can’t sleep

Javajoe

Reaction score
I’m 54, never had a bad nights sleep. I drink a lot of coffee and right before bed also. Secret is to turn your brain off. I ALWAYS start by putting myself on a golf course playing golf or riding a dirt bike etc. I go to sleep real quick. Never think of work, problems or issues when you close your eyes.

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
I have CBD and HTC , I try to get as much exercise as I can during the day. I had spine fusion of L5-S1 in Dec. A quarter of the pain is gone . But the numbness and stabbing down the legs to the feet has not. Can't lay flat on my back, can't lay on my stomach because it hurts more. Something is wrong with my left hip area, maybe SI joint that was injured in the work accident that took my back out. Hip pain is so bad it has made me have to walk with a cane , I can barely make a lap around the store when go shopping. This is a W.C . Case so can't say much.
I take 2 Norco and 4 Lyrica every day .

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
I’m 54, never had a bad nights sleep. I drink a lot of coffee and right before bed also. Secret is to turn your brain off. I ALWAYS start by putting myself on a golf course playing golf or riding a dirt bike etc. I go to sleep real quick. Never think of work, problems or issues when you close your eyes.
I'm 50 and till 4 years ago I did all that stuff till the accident at work. Motorcycles, golf ,boats.

Javajoe

Reaction score
I have CBD and HTC , I try to get as much exercise as I can during the day. I had spine fusion of L5-S1 in Dec. A quarter of the pain is gone . But the numbness and stabbing down the legs to the feet has not. Can't lay flat on my back, can't lay on my stomach because it hurts more. Something is wrong with my left hip area, maybe SI joint that was injured in the work accident that took my back out. Hip pain is so bad it has made me have to walk with a cane , I can barely make a lap around the store when go shopping. This is a W.C . Case so can't say much.
I take 2 Norco and 4 Lyrica every day .
That’s terrible bro. Sorry to hear that

ltbaney1

Reaction score
i dont really have insomnia, but get pretty bad fits of anxiety every now and then that wont let my brain slow down. used to just down a xanax and knock out. what works better for me when i need it is to get up and talk a walk or go work on something. my wife thought i was nuts working in the garage at 3am organizing my tool box but it works for me and id rather do that than take a pill.

WildWilly

Reaction score
well night 3 of the zzquil sleep juice stuff and last night was decent. I take the small victories. I know its short lived but at least I've added something new to the rotation lol

Nordie

Reaction score
I've just given up, I'll just wake up and then I'll goto my desk and do paperwork or something. If I missed out on sleep I'll take a nap when I get home. It always varies so I just find something else to do. It's a vicious cycle.

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
Got 4 hours last night, but the files in my office are all organized. Wife got a little mad when I started spreading paper at 2:45 in the morning.

welldigger00

Reaction score
Gotta tell you, giving up booze for two weeks is been an eye opener. When I drink too many beers after work, I don’t sleep for shit. I haven’t slept so good, so many nights in a row in forever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk