WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Inspection time, colonoscopy!

satellitemike

Reaction score
Any tips from those of you that have been lucky enough to be inspected?
I've heard its pretty straight forward and the worst part is the night prior.

Reactions: DWC

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Its not bad, the prep is the worst part. Get some soothing wipes.

Reactions: DWC

havasujeeper

Reaction score
Waking up to great results trumps any issue with drinking that nasty liquid. My sister said "no way do I need that done", yep the same sister I just buried due to colon cancer.

Wayn-o

Reaction score
prep is the worst part, you get to sleep through the rest. So hungry afterwards, went straight to in and out drive through.
Nurse said you may have gas. I did. It was great blasting at the wife and telling her "doctors orders"! She said "one day is all you get"
If it saves your life, its very worth it.

92 cole

Reaction score
Waking up to great results trumps any issue with drinking that nasty liquid. My sister said "no way do I need that done", yep the same sister I just buried due to colon cancer.
Not that I like the old butt cam but could save your'e life. What the hell is so bad about drinking a flavored water and cleaning the bowls for one fricking night ? They put you out and when you wake-up you may feel violated but at-least you know if you may live another year. Welcome to the age of keeping you alive longer so you can pay more taxes!!!M

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
As others have noted the prep is the hardest part. Try not to fill up on water the day before so that you are thirsty that you just pound the liquid without gaging. I said F it on the last 1/8 of the glass. Things were flowing where they shouldn’t and I had had enough LOL

PlanB

Reaction score
Eat bland food the day before prep. Make sure you start your last dose of prep early enough so you are done with bowel movements before you get in the car to have the procedure done.

satellitemike

Reaction score
Eat bland food the day before prep. Make sure you start your last dose of prep early enough so you are done with bowel movements before you get in the car to have the procedure done.
They said 6pm tomorrow and second dose at 330am Fri, 8am procedure.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
:eek: Scheduled for later this month.... considering going live..... doc says he has about 10% due the procedure awake.... anyone do it this way ?? :cool:

EBT531

Reaction score
The prep is nothing compared to food poisoning. Follow the instructions so you don't have to do it twice. You'll wake up fine and can eat on the way home. I literally went from there to the pizza place without issue. If you have any pains on day two tell your Dr., I had issues the second time around with was cured with a probiotic. Turns out the prep juice killed my good bacteria.

PlanB

Reaction score
:eek: Scheduled for later this month.... considering going live..... doc says he has about 10% due the procedure awake.... anyone do it this way ?? :cool:

I was semi awake. I remember watching some of the procedure on the monitor. They give you some pretty good drugs though.

DLC

Reaction score
Just start earlier in the day if you can.

Eat soup and clear liquids the day before helps with the clean out! Pig out after!

Ive had 2 and I am on the 5year plan...

51 and all is great!

DWC

Reaction score
Quality TP, wipes and something to keep you busy on the throne are the key. The liquid is nasty as hell. The aftermath doesn’t end. The procedure is nothing.

boatpi

Reaction score
Had two , procedure is nothing, prep sucks.

Wayn-o

Reaction score
I had mine done in the morning. Better then waiting around all day.
scheduling tip:
You have to wake up and drink more stuff about 5 hours before your appointment. Schedule for 10 AM or 11 AM so you dont have to wake up at 2 to start drinking the flush gatorade

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Not gonna read all the post. I’ll just say nowadays. It’s not to bad. You do it You go in the next morning and leave the next morning. By afternoon you’re having a beer or a drink. [emoji106][emoji898][emoji483]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
scheduling tip:
You have to wake up and drink more stuff about 5 hours before your appointment. Schedule for 10 AM or 11 AM so you dont have to wake up at 2 to start drinking the flush gatorade
I didn't have to do the 5 hour deal. I started about 7 the night before my morning appointment. Seems different doctors prescribe different drinks and schedules.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Just start earlier in the day if you can.

Eat soup and clear liquids the day before helps with the clean out! Pig out after!

Ive had 2 and I am on the 5year plan...

51 and all is great!

Yeah, the doctor had so much fun with me he is looking forward to doing it again in 5 years. Should I be worried?

Real story is that he he found a few things that concerned him and he wants to stay on top of things.

Reactions: DLC

DLC

Reaction score
Yeah, the doctor had so much fun with me he is looking forward to doing it again in 5 years. Should I be worried?

Real story is that he he found a few things that concerned him and he wants to stay on top of things.

I had my 2nd one the Friday before pride weekend here in San Diego.... oh boy did they razz me!
Well,I think they razz me....

LoL

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
HNL2LHC said:

Yep. There is that. My wife is there with you. I try to stay positive. But just because a few extra pollups (spelling). Doesn’t mean the end to all ends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WYRD

Reaction score
Dont listen to yore dr if he says "open up, we always go in from both ways "..

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
This isn't just a "Man" thing. My Mother in-laws description last thanksgiving couldn't have been timed more perfectly. :eek:

Get it and forget it. ;)

Cobalt232

Reaction score
No flights for a couple of weeks after unless doctor OK's it afterward.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
the last nurse told me (her husband was in construction) after my procedure, that I'm a Perfect Asshole.... LOL

Follow the proper preparation the evening before....

the weird part (besides knowing what's gonna happen) is your in a room with 6 professionals..... getting ready to do their thing...LOL

DrHW

Reaction score
I have been checked several times. The amnesia part of the cocktail is a blessing. Went for some California Fish Tacos and all was fine. Women do not go for the procedure but we did the check and a test in a box that came back clear.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I have Crohns and get one every 9 months, yea lucky me, i have a better way to prep, it’s not fun no matter how well you slice it. The hell with GoLightly, go to Walmart buy two bottles of Magnesium Citrate, a small box of a cheap laxative, wet butt wipes, and some Desitin, and find a styrofoam cup.

Step one look in the mirror and cry, then set the wipes next to John!
Wipe a lil Desitin down the crack!
Poor one bottle of Mag Cit in the styrofoam cup, don’t think just chug the cup of it. The styrofoam helps with the acidic, idk why but it does, also has no chug effect just pours down the pipe well.
Go relax for 45 minutes and just wimpier!
Grab two laxatives, and well that second bottle of Mag Cit, pour in the cup, toss the pills in your mouth and wash them down. It’s harder this time cause you know the taste that’s coming.
Go relax you’ll need it!
The Bubbles are coming and you know it’s time to hang out nearer the John, after first round toss two more laxatives and some Gatorade.

Keep Gatorade near as you need it to stay hydrated and washed. Don’t be afraid to reapply the Desitin as well it’s liquid Assid, i mean acid, and feels like it’s coated in sand. After three hours of that your clean and honestly still way easier than GoLightly, and the procedure is cake in compared to “the day before”
Stay away from Red gelatin or Gatorade.
Wish you luck that the procedure is for nothing bad!

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
With colon cancer I've been through a lot of them.
The best prep is Suprep. It's way. way easier than the other products.
It offers the least amount of fluid consumption and doesn't taste as foul as the rest.
BAI00120.jpg

Follow through 100% prep instructions or they will send you home and you will have to do it all over again.
At the Drs Office they were sending people home that still had mud from not following through 100%.

Used to be you did this at age 45, now it down the age 30 and dropping.
One of our kids had one yesterday polyps are growing earlier.
Talk is processed meats and beef are triggering colo-rectal cancer earlier in life.

Maynard has them yearly.

Last edited:

boatnam2

Reaction score
I started at 6pm and it ended being to late for me, I wasn't done shitting until almost midnight. Then I had to get up at 3:30 to finish it off. When I do it again I'm starting early, finishing early and going to bed.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
The procedure is not a big deal. The best advise I can give is have your test done the earliest time possible so your not starving the next day after blowing out your intestines with the prep, lol. Good Luck!!!

Last edited:

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Same as evryone else. Buried a good friend at 54 from colon cancer.
1 point,if possible schedule to be the very 1st appt. of the day. Any complications with a couple people you end up waiting 2, 3 hours to get in.
Get in. Get out.
Dont put it off.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Having had GI issues, I have had multiple. As stated above, prep is key. There is no good prep, some is worse than others. The procedure is easy, you go in, they stick an IV in your arm and get you on the table. You wake up an hour later feeling rested and hungry. I did wake up once during the procedure, it was a particularly uncomfortable round but that was is not common. Assuming you are under twilight ( the low level sedation they use) you probably wont remember a thing.