WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Instacart

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Anyone use it?
I tried it for the first Tuesday and was pleasantly surprised.
There was two items I couldn’t get from Costco online so I googled the product I wanted and Instacart came up. Ordered them and they were delivered within two hours.
Today, wanted to try again from a different store. Same thing. Ordered 5 or 6 things from Safeway, including alcohol. Delivered within two hours.
I can get used to not leaving the house for provisions. 😁

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
Yes, about 3 weeks into the “lockdown”. Service was good and fast but I’m too picky about fresh stuff like veggies and such. Haven’t used them since but would use them again if needed.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
I use them a lot. I refuse to wear a mask so it's a toss up if the manager who likes me is working at Ralphs or Vons that day.

This way, I get what I want, well mostly, and no one gets upset.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
I use them a lot. I refuse to wear a mask so it's a toss up if the manager who likes me is working at Ralphs or Vons that day.

This way, I get what I want, well mostly, and no one gets upset.
Pretty much why I checked them out.
I haven’t been to Costco since mandatory masks were implemented. I’ve had a few deliveries from Costco ordered online. They usually take a few days.
Was looking for paper towels and they weren’t available for delivery for some reason.
Googled paper towels and Instacart came up. Delivered same day and same price with minimal fees.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
Wifey uses on the regular, and no real complaints. Uses it mostly for fill ins.

montaj629

Reaction score
Been using them for about a year. All in all super happy. The only down side is ordering steaks and different meats. I kinda like to “pick” my cuts.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Been using them for about a year. All in all super happy. The only down side is ordering steaks and different meats. I kinda like to “pick” my cuts.

Yea it's hit or miss with someone about fruit/veggies/cuts of meat. Most shoppers will try if you give them a quick lesson....and tip a bit more lol.

Universal Elements

Reaction score
I’ve been using them for a year. They even go to Costco and you don’t pay that stupid 10 cent per bag fees. They’ve been great. Haven’t stepped foot into a market in quite some while.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Yes, and it’s great. Sometimes the person screws up, but I’d say they are running at 95% accuracy. If they screw up, it hasn’t been an issue getting our money back either.

We’ve been doing it since March, and I love not going to the store with my wife as she’s the person that looks at every F’ing label. Now she does it online and I can hit submit on a weekday rather than wasting any time shopping on the weekend.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Ofr us, it's the best way to do the overwhelming majority of our shopping. Going to the store with the kids and a pregnant wife isn't really exciting for any of us. The wife and I sit down one evening a week and go through and make a list and set it up for next mid-day delivery (fits our schedule best). Works well. If you can monitor your phone while the person is shopping you can approve or reject their replacements while they are shopping as well as be able to have a text conversation with the shopper through the app.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

707dog

Reaction score
Ofr us, it's the best way to do the overwhelming majority of our shopping. Going to the store with the kids and a pregnant wife isn't really exciting for any of us. The wife and I sit down one evening a week and go through and make a list and set it up for next mid-day delivery (fits our schedule best). Works well. If you can monitor your phone while the person is shopping you can approve or reject their replacements while they are shopping as well as be able to have a text conversation with the shopper through the app.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
we have been doing the same thing i was against it at first then after a few orders i caught on and it sure makes it easier to carve out time for other junk wife has used the walley world pick up a couple times no issues with them either

bobbytheboozer

resident boozer
Reaction score
My parents were heavy into instacart when shit locked down. The thing they noticed is that if they ordered, let's say for instance, buttermilk syrup, if it wasn't in stock, they would get whatever syrup was there. We had pancakes with this awful butter pecan syrup that tasted horrible for almost 2 months.

It's a great idea, but you really have to watch what you order compared to what is delivered. If you have any discrepancies with your order, sometimes it takes 3 weeks for a refund to be credited to your account.