WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Installing 8ft Prebuilt Cabinet Into 8ft Finished Ceiling Area

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Oh boy.... Had to order custom cabinets. Ordered them 96" tall because... well you know... my ceiling height is 8ft. 😒 FML

NicPaus

Reaction score
I use the RTA pantries often. Have to assemble them upright with 96" ceilings.

Reactions: t&y

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
When my shop builds cabinets that will fit to hard lid we use a 1" scribe at the top and all of our toe kicks or "bases" are separate so for a 96" ceiling minus 1" for scribe and minus 4" for toekick allows a 91" box to be built. Set toe kick level then put cabinet on then add top scribe. There are other tricks like how wide the cabinet is or if you have an adjacent room that has a tall ceiling that you can stand cabinet up in then bring it in. Just some info here for you.

If you're looking for help, you obviously left out a lot of details, but maybe you're just gripeing a bit which is totally fine too.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Got them in. Had to cut 2" off the base. Then I'll build that up with a standard 2 x 4 base, slide the cabinets on top, and cover it with the toe kick. Just would have been nice if I had actually thought that through before trying to tilt them up for the first time. Luckily we were being very nice and gentle so we didn't damage the ceiling.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
Got them in. Had to cut 2" off the base. Then I'll build that up with a standard 2 x 4 base, slide the cabinets on top, and cover it with the toe kick. Just would have been nice if I had actually thought that through before trying to tilt them up for the first time. Luckily we were being very nice and gentle so we didn't damage the ceiling.

Thats a common mistake, dont feel bad. You only learn it once then sizes vs logistics of getting them in the location is second nature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: t&y

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
broom closet 1.jpg
broom closet 2.jpg
broom closet 3.jpg

Reactions: DWC

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Done and secure. Ended up with about 1/4 room between top and ceiling. Will be trimming it out with 1/4 round. It's in there secure to the wall already, now time to fill it back up with all the crap we won't need for another 10 years.😁
Broom closet 4.jpg