WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Instant Pot....Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner.

River Runnin

Reaction score
You got em, post up!
I just did a pot of Spaghetti that came out pretty damn good.
2lb pack of Fort Rock Grain Finished burger. ;) I seasoned with Garlic powder, Pepper, No Shit ( https://www.amazon.com/Shit-Seasoning-Big-Cock-Ranch/dp/B078XMFM1H ), and some Italian.
1 jar Fire Roasted
1 Jar sausage sauces
1 Box Angel Hair spaghetti

In the Pot! -- Sauté the beef (no big chunks)
Add the 2 jars of whatever sauces you like -- fill jars 3/4 full of water, shake and dump in.
Stir it up!
Break spaghetti in half and crisscross in the pot -- push it down so it's covered
---- I'll sauté an onion next time! ---
Pressure cook for 8 minutes (beef setting is 10 minutes on mine) but shut it off when 8 was up. I let it sit for a couple more minutes then released the pressure.
Give it a good Stir'n! ... If some of the Spaghetti is sticking together, It comes apart easy (and the reason you don't put it in all the same direction)
Boner petit 🙂

PresSittti 1.jpg

Gets even better when it sits a bit! 🙂

Last edited:

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Lol....I've been tearing shit up with the Instant Pot. I bought it for my wife and took it over. Use that shit for everything. Ill usually just look up about 3 recipes of what I wanna cook...just to get an idea of cooking times. Then I'll just put my spin on it. Some recipes are pretty good as is. Some just have too much shit going on...lol. Pretty much everything I've tried has come out pretty damn good. From shredded chicken tacos, chili, Mac n cheez, whole chicken and potatoes. Shit, I've even did a tri tip and it came out good.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Whats the difference between that and a air fryer?

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Wife uses the insta pot all the time. I have no idea how to cook beyond frozen pizza, but there are plenty of cook books out there with some pretty good recipes for these deals. Last night was Teriyaki chicken.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Wife uses the insta pot all the time. I have no idea how to cook beyond frozen pizza, but there are plenty of cook books out there with some pretty good recipes for these deals. Last night was Teriyaki chicken.
So my wife picked up one of these pots a week ago.
I’m here to tell you, you don’t need to know how to cook.
Simply follow a couple of directions and push a button or two. The pot does the rest.
So even a no cooking copper like you can prepare a decent meal.
Your wife will thank you, and with the time saved? You never know? 😎👍

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Maybe one of these things would be good in the 5th wheel. Along with the air fryer I just bought.
I'd say it's a must have Tom. Convenient, quick, easy use. I don't think I've had one bad thing out of ours.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I'd say it's a must have Tom. Convenient, quick, easy use. I don't think I've had one bad thing out of ours.

I have been using my sons at his house chicken. Twice now its come out very good. Haven't ventured further. They claim you can make a steak in here? I don't want to f up a nice steak. You ever done that? I would guess not as you have the grilling down.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
I have been using my sons at his house chicken. Twice now its come out very good. Haven't ventured further. They claim you can make a steak in here? I don't want to f up a nice steak. You ever done that? I would guess not as you have the grilling down.
I actually tried a tri tip roast once....dark in winter, cold...too lazy to bbq and wait...it was getting late, so I said fuggit, let's test this bitch...lol. So I put like 3 or 4 whole potatoes in the pot, and put the tri tip on top...I think it was a small one..maybe 2 pounder. It actually came out pretty good for last minute shit. The baked potatoes were on point. I probably could of pulled it out sooner too. I like it a lil pink. But was still tender...good flavor. I used beef broth, not water for the liquid and seasoned it. Now I'd rather have the grilled, smoked flavor that I'm used to off the grill, but it was good. I'd imagine steaks would be the same. The key for meats has been figuring out the cook time to finish it to what I want. Did a whole chicken too...super tender. 👍

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Fyi.....chili is the mofo shit in this thing....and super easy. 👍I actually make it even easier and just use the Caroll Shelby box seasoning....just follow that for ingredients but maybe tweek it a lil. And use beef broth instead of water.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I actually tried a tri tip roast once....dark in winter, cold...too lazy to bbq and wait...it was getting late, so I said fuggit, let's test this bitch...lol. So I put like 3 or 4 whole potatoes in the pot, and put the tri tip on top...I think it was a small one..maybe 2 pounder. It actually came out pretty good for last minute shit. The baked potatoes were on point. I probably could of pulled it out sooner too. I like it a lil pink. But was still tender...good flavor. I used beef broth, not water for the liquid and seasoned it. Now I'd rather have the grilled, smoked flavor that I'm used to off the grill, but it was good. I'd imagine steaks would be the same. The key for meats has been figuring out the cook time to finish it to what I want. Did a whole chicken too...super tender. 👍

I might try it today and it makes sense on the beef broth instead of water. Same with chicken broth when cooking chicken I would guess. I agree that the time deal is important on it but thats the case with grilling etc. Problem is you can't just see the damn thing like on a grill.

Thanks for the info

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Is this the model you guys are buying?

View attachment 961583
That thing is actually big. You can get away with the 6 qt. I use it for a family of 4. I wouldn't mind having the 8 qt for bigger stuff, but the 6 handles alot. Shit, I'm at he point where I want to get a second one in case I wanna do two things at once and not have to wait. Lol. I've been considering the big one that is also an air fryer too since I don't have one of those.
Just to give you an idea, the 6 qt will handle a full chicken.... maybe up to a 6 lb one. I've cooked up to 5lbs of chicken breasts at once...big ones. The 6 qt should be only $79.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
I might try it today and it makes sense on the beef broth instead of water. Same with chicken broth when cooking chicken I would guess. I agree that the time deal is important on it but thats the case with grilling etc. Problem is you can't just see the damn thing like on a grill.

Thanks for the info
My trick has been....I'll look up like 3 recipes online to figure out a time to compare. Ex.....shredded chk tacos....most will say like 4 breasts....12 min or 15 min if frozen.....and I believe they usually say quick release.....but if I'm using fat ass breasts...and like 5 of them..I'll go a min or 2 longer and let the pressure naturally release. Shit, I've even opened it up and not liked how done they were....moved the breasts around and go another couple minutes. It's already at temp and is quick and come out fine. I always dabble and do.my own thing...even with seasoning. I know what I like...lol.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
My trick has been....I'll look up like 3 recipes online to figure out a time to compare. Ex.....shredded chk tacos....most will say like 4 breasts....12 min or 15 min if frozen.....and I believe they usually say quick release.....but if I'm using fat ass breasts...and like 5 of them..I'll go a min or 2 longer and let the pressure naturally release. Shit, I've even opened it up and not liked how done they were....moved the breasts around and go another couple minutes. It's already at temp and is quick and come out fine. I always dabble and do.my own thing...even with seasoning. I know what I like...lol.

Did you brown-saute the tri tip before cooking it?

Did you put it on the bottom of the pot or on that little grate thing the have to keep it out of the brooth?

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Did you brown-saute the tri tip before cooking it?

Did you put it on the bottom of the pot or on that little grate thing the have to keep it out of the brooth?
Yes...on saute in the pot...browned both sides....but not long though. Make sure you pull it out, add a lil broth to simmer at bottom and scrape away any small burnt stuff. This is important...or you will get the BURN message on the display, as it will think it is out of water.. No grate....remember, I had my tri tip stacked on potatoes 🥔. I'd imagine you could use the grate or put it directly in. I put chicken directly in.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Yes...on saute in the pot...browned both sides....but not long though. Make sure you pull it out, add a lil broth to simmer at bottom and scrape away any small burnt stuff. This is important...or you will get the BURN message on the display, as it will think it is out of water.. No grate....remember, I had my tri tip stacked on potatoes 🥔. I'd imagine you could use the grate or put it directly in. I put chicken directly in.

I will let you know how it goes. Thanks

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
1) Browned the seasoned steak.....I did not brown it enough. You had me hesitant HS....lol

2) Cleaned out the pot, added chopped onions on bottom, poured the beef broth over the onions, put the steak in on top and added the potatoes on the sides of the steak. Salt, pepper and garlic sprinkled on the potatoes.

3) Set the timer for 7 minutes and away we go

4) Overcooked....should have probably done 5 min

It had good flavor but definitely would have been better at about 5 minutes. The potatoes were awesome and cooked just right.

So....I will try it again but ONLY if my grill is not convenient for me. Probably do this when it is raining outside or something like that.

The house smells awesome :)

Pics to be added
28FD2799-660E-43CE-A48B-871CA1F4EE6B.jpeg
9507EC7D-5E46-43F0-8357-6BECD476AC35.jpeg
9E0A52B7-8CD0-4AF1-822C-D1EFD5E4221B.jpeg

Last edited:

BlowMe

Reaction score
I gotta get me one of these! They sound amazing and would be perfect for right now when its cold and snowing and i cant use my Blackstone or grill. I cant wait to try some pastas like chicken alfredo and make a Mississippi po boy in it instead of the smoker...damn yall got me hungry!!!

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
OK....trying the 'sgetti. Lets see how this goes....lol

Overcast with rain threatening and the trailer is smelling good.

Please let this come out good.....I am fuckin starving right now.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Ok....that sti is awesome.

1lb of ground chuck
1.5 jars of my fav sauce
1/2 cup of water
Garlic powder
Probably half lb of sgetti. Just guessing but probably half package broken in half.
criss crossed on the meat
Sauce and water over that
Set timer for 8 min

done

i then warmed up buttered italian bread in the air fryer for two minutes

i love these things in the 5th wheel for a quick meal.

i only have a 3qt insta pot. Its only me but is good for two people. Any more than that you need to go bigger on the pot.

i could have just used 1/2lb of meat OR somehow added more noodles in the pot.

Last edited:

River Runnin

Reaction score
OK....trying the 'sgetti. Lets see how this goes....lol

Overcast with rain threatening and the trailer is smelling good.

Please let this come out good.....I am fuckin starving right now.
Stir good when it's done, and let sit a few! 🙂

River Runnin

Reaction score
I'll call this one! -- Fook'n Awesome Grain Finished 7 Bone Chuck Roast --

I cut the 2 small bones out and had 3 separate pieces of -- Fook'n Awesome Grain Finished 7 Bone Chuck Roast that I seasoned up with kosher salt and pepper then browned well in the pot ... using about 3 tbl spoons olive oil ...
. Remove meat, scrape all the Carmelized crusties off the bottom and stir in the oil ( add a bit more oil 1tbl spoon)
. Take 4 celery sticks, 1/2 an onion, and 4-5 carrots chunked up then sauté and toss for a few minutes
. Add 3 cups beef broth put the meat back in on top and pressure cook for 30 minutes, slow release 10 minutes, and remove meat.
. I used a small sack and a half of those red and melody potatoes (mini spuds) whole, the rest of the onion celery and carrots (chunked up) into the pot
. Put the meat back on top, pressure cook another 10 minutes and with another 10 minute slow release
. Remove the meat and veggies mix up some corn starch and thicken the sauce

Fook'n Awesome!

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I'll call this one! -- Fook'n Awesome Grain Finished 7 Bone Chuck Roast --

I cut the 2 small bones out and had 3 separate pieces of -- Fook'n Awesome Grain Finished 7 Bone Chuck Roast that I seasoned up with kosher salt and pepper then browned well in the pot ... using about 3 tbl spoons olive oil ...
. Remove meat, scrape all the Carmelized crusties off the bottom and stir in the oil ( add a bit more oil 1tbl spoon)
. Take 4 celery sticks, 1/2 an onion, and 4-5 carrots chunked up then sauté and toss for a few minutes
. Add 3 cups beef broth put the meat back in on top and pressure cook for 30 minutes, slow release 10 minutes, and remove meat.
. I used a small sack and a half of those red and melody potatoes (mini spuds) whole, the rest of the onion celery and carrots (chunked up) into the pot
. Put the meat back on top, pressure cook another 10 minutes and with another 10 minute slow release
. Remove the meat and veggies mix up some corn starch and thicken the sauce

Fook'n Awesome!

going to try that one

Flatsix66

Reaction score
We folded a rack of ribs and added a little apple vinegar/water mixture, cooked for 30min in the insta-pot. Then put them on the grill with BBQ sauce until the sauce glazed. Sounds gross but came out amazing, fall off the bone good.

River Runnin

Reaction score
No shell eggs -- spud salad!! ;)

These hard boiled are to easy!

Tater Salad 1.jpg

After 5 minutes of pressure, 3-4 minutes slow release, they be done!

Tater Salad 2.jpg

Tater Salad 3.jpg

Tater Salad 4.jpg

I took the better part of a 5 pound bag of Red spuds (didn't use them all), cleaned, poked with a fork and pressured for 5 minutes and released! then into a cold water bath to cool!
--- You can do the spuds and eggs -- with shells on -- at the same time!

Tater Salad 5.jpg

Mustard, relish, Mayo, and salt! --- :)

River Runnin

Reaction score
I did another experiment! :) EasyLoaf

Pretty much followed the McCormick Meatloaf directions -- Except - was out of bread - so I cubed up an everything Bagel and added last.
2lb pack of FortRock Beef
Took a 9X9X2 inch aluminum pan, Pinched the corners in a bit so it would fit into the 8" pot.
Put the meat in the pan, add a cup of water to the instant pot and sit the pan on the trivet.
Pressure cook for 30 minutes and fast release.
After I removed the pressure lid and left it open for a few minutes (maybe 5)
I set the AirFryer for 10 minutes and it cooked the top perfect.

River Runnin

Reaction score
I had a couple ribeye's in the freezer. Did a 1lb defrost in the nuke-a-wave. Rubbed with olive oil and seasoned with (your favorite rub goes here) on both sides and pasted on cooking rack. Added 1/2 cup water and pressure cooked for 15 minutes. I then Air fried for 10 minutes.
I didn't take any pic's cuz it was cut with a fork tender and I couldn't go back! :D Some Idahoan Garlic Mashed and nuked bag of veggie cheese pasta!
Was another quick and tasty meal........ For a first time steak in a Foodi 8qt