WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Insurance for 2021 Howard 28 SDS

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I’m looking for assistance In finding insurance for my yet to be completed 2021 Howard 28 SDS with a Teague 1050. Do any members have experience with a similar package? Is there any agents in here that can provide some assistance? Thank you in advance for your time!

Joker

Reaction score
I went through Seeman Holtz after Andy got out of the game. Was going to switch over to Nikkis outfit but they wanted to do some vessel survey on the 22 to raise the valuation. Stuck with Holtz and they bumped the valuation up no questions asked.

nowski

Reaction score
I went through Seeman Holtz after Andy got out of the game. Was going to switch over to Nikkis outfit but they wanted to do some vessel survey on the 22 to raise the valuation. Stuck with Holtz and they bumped the valuation up no questions asked.
I just submitted a request for quote, thanks for the reference...

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score
x2 on nikki...she does our x-flight, sea doo etc. Kathryn in her office is on point.
I contacted Bostick, they can not insure anything over 107 mph. I asked for a quote at 105 mph, agreed value and such, and they were high compared to Wozencraft, which was higher coverage on liability and uninsured. I’m just trying to shop around for best coverage and price. Thank you for the suggestion!

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I contacted Bostick, they can not insure anything over 107 mph. I asked for a quote at 105 mph, agreed value and such, and they were high compared to Wozencraft, which was higher coverage on liability and uninsured. I’m just trying to shop around for best coverage and price. Thank you for the suggestion!

I didn't know that, good to know going forward though. I know it all depends on lots of factors, you have a lot of power so thats going to shake it up a bit. Best of luck on your search, I know a lot of people like Brad Stern. Congrats on the new boat, I still smile like an 18 year old at the strip club for the first time every time I push the start button.

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score

Call Andy (310) 480-4285

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

702sandman

Reaction score
Andy Holthe got me dialed on a 08 DCB F26 with teague 825 .. a little pricey but no issues at all

sintax

Reaction score

For sure, you gotta shop around and see who fits the best.

I’m really surprised about the mph, I know @Blue wonder’s dcb is just barely coming online at 107mph....

I also have some other buddies with them north of 110. Maybe the fudged the numbers a bit.

It’s funny, she made a comment about my HP when she was looking over mine, her husband built my engine, tough to lie to your agent when their husband built it....

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score
I didn't know that, good to know going forward though. I know it all depends on lots of factors, you have a lot of power so thats going to shake it up a bit. Best of luck on your search, I know a lot of people like Brad Stern. Congrats on the new boat, I still smile like an 18 year old at the strip club for the first time every time I push the start button.
I’m the same way, my last boat only had a 565, but it excited my every time a fired it up! Thank you for the recommendation!

Reactions: DWC

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score
For sure, you gotta shop around and see who fits the best.

I’m really surprised about the mph, I know @Blue wonder’s dcb is just barely coming online at 107mph....

I also have some other buddies with them north of 110. Maybe the fudged the numbers a bit.

It’s funny, she made a comment about my HP when she was looking over mine, her husband built my engine, tough to lie to your agent when their husband built it....
The speed is speculatory for sure. Basically we know that it will do at least 110. Another factor that is responsible for a high premium is the agreed value due to being a brand new boat.
I think a few people do “fudge” their estimated top speed. With that said, maybe it’s because it’s hard to know the exact mph number due to so many factors. I’m comfortable being within 5 mph either way in top speed. After all, if my boat is worth 115 with the perfect prop and light load, it will never see that ever due to being a deck boat with all my families shit on it, not to mention, my precious family also!

farmo83

Reaction score
I tried to get a quote from Nikki and they wouldn't write my schiada RT due to the estimated speed. I Thanked her for time.and pointed out she currently carries an RT with 350 hp.more then mine. She didn't really have anything to say

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score
I tried to get a quote from Nikki and they wouldn't write my schiada RT due to the estimated speed. I Thanked her for time.and pointed out she currently carries an RT with 350 hp.more then mine. She didn't really have anything to say
Yeah, it would be really easy to lie about speed, and save a bunch of money but that’s just not me!
Only a few companies can insure it. I’m waiting on a couple call backs hopefully tomorrow!

Reactions: DWC

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
If you’re having trouble I wonder how much these guys with 180MPH million dollar boats and 1550s do it. Must be $10,000 a year.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
If you’re having trouble I wonder how much these guys with 180MPH million dollar boats and 1550s do it. Must be $10,000 a year.

Probably closer in the realm of 2-3x your estimate

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score

Around 3x that for the first year. After the first year, the cost goes down.

McKay

Reaction score

We were seriously considering a pre-owned M41 with 1350's that ran in the 170's. Decided to go a different direction for several reasons. We were quoted $12.2K for insurance from our current agent.

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score
Call Devin Wozencraft
I already have a quote from Wozencraft through Tanah that looks pretty good. I’m still trying to get at least one more quote just to be sure. Thank you for the info!

J5Daytona

Reaction score
I already have a quote from Wozencraft through Tanah that looks pretty good. I’m still trying to get at least one more quote just to be sure. Thank you for the info!
Did you ever hear back from Brad ? I actually switched from Wozencraft to him due to rates . For reference my daytona is a 27 with a tcm 825 , he came back right at 500 less per year

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score
Did you ever hear back from Brad ? I actually switched from Wozencraft to him due to rates . For reference my daytona is a 27 with a tcm 825 , he came back right at 500 less per year
Not yet. Sounds like he is the guy to go with!

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
We were seriously considering a pre-owned M41 with 1350's that ran in the 170's. Decided to go a different direction for several reasons. We were quoted $12.2K for insurance from our current agent.

Perfect pair, silver lining or the red one from Canada?

Duramax

Reaction score
Sorry, I just read the whole thread closely. 107 for Nikki I guess so that puts a lot of people out.

My Skater with 1250's was 12.5k with a 4 month layup. I had 3 previous cats for experience.

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score
Sorry, I just read the whole thread closely. 107 for Nikki I guess so that puts a lot of people out.

My Skater with 1250's was 12.5k with a 4 month layup. I had 3 previous cats for experience.
The experience surely helps.