WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Insurance

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Anyone on here that can write home and auto in Illinois?

Farmers can go eat a bag of dicks... no accidents, no claims, good credit... Policy up over a grand on the house in three years and the cars are up 50% in the same time.

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
State farm or auto owners.
Rural sucks, so does American family.
I do not have either of the latter....

rrrr

Reaction score
I switched to Farmers four years ago, and since then they have increased the premiums slowly, like the proverbial frog in a pot of hot water. I've ignored it until I received the bill for renewal a few days ago.

Time to switch again.

Flynryan

Reaction score
I just bought a tesla and aaa rate for it was $2300 which is crazy for me (48yr old no accidents or tickets)
I checked with Costco ameriprime and it was $1700 and progressive was $1300
In doing research the consensus is that if you are not researching for insurance every couple of years your insurance co knows this and slowly raises your rates.
Its kinda like researching for a bike online. The next thing you know you are getting ads on instagram and facebook for the same bike.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I switched to Farmers four years ago, and since then they have increased the premiums slowly, like the proverbial frog in a pot of hot water. I've ignored it until I received the bill for renewal a few days ago.

Time to switch again.

Been a Farmers customer for years, however since moving here I've noticed the premium going up every year. When I called last year about it I got a BS answer, but it wasn't quite enough to make me switch. Once I compared the change from when I bought our house a couple years ago, enough is enough.

Signed up through USAA (my FIL is a member) and am saving close to a grand all told...

Ricks raft

Reaction score
For home owners, try living in rural ca now. We have State Farm for 30+ years and hasn't increased significantly but with all the fires, I make sure payments are on time. Many companies are cancelling for any reason. A friend who owns multiple vacay rentals just got an estimate for another house he's looking at, $300k range, quoted $13k a Year...

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Been a Farmers customer for years, however since moving here I've noticed the premium going up every year. When I called last year about it I got a BS answer, but it wasn't quite enough to make me switch. Once I compared the change from when I bought our house a couple years ago, enough is enough.

Signed up through USAA (my FIL is a member) and am saving close to a grand all told...

I’ve had USAA auto coverage for nearly 20 years.
Deb and I joint with her kids, and now just myself.
As the insured, you can’t go wrong with Usaa.
It’s one thing to have coverage, it’s another thing when it comes time to use it. They have been outstanding in all aspects, from rates to actual repairs. Ive heard stories to the contrary from people on the other side of the coin trying to deal with them as non members, but as a policy holder they have always gone above and beyond. Their website provides complete interface for members to explore policy changes and “what if’s”, as well as make all manner of actual changes. Claims are a breeze, and I can’t recall ever being jacked around in any way.

For homeowners policy on our 4 acres in Anderson we carried AAA though. They were a little better rate and had a bit more flexibility in building a better suited policy for our needs.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

So are you still looking or did you already flip to USAA?