WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Interceptor Boats has been busy!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Delivered the 26 Kool cat to the Gassaway family. (Congrats on the new boat by the way!)

A197D345-6A0A-468A-B3AD-EA6D406114DE.jpeg
2FDD00D7-1964-4E42-9EF2-9120F6E92F00.jpeg

Finished rigging and putting together one of their inventory pontoons for Mr. Macintosh (Troy’s dad)

1D16EEC9-AD17-4BB5-A3CD-75317B663E83.jpeg

Did you know Interceptor is building their own trailers in house now? This particular trailer will end up having a conquest deck boat on it!

E477C619-CC57-4920-81AE-3CDB3E0F0E4D.jpeg
B24D33C6-5795-4707-A956-4934125054EC.jpeg
A2788E9D-FE21-4894-B017-B0090CD8F8F4.jpeg

sirbob

Reaction score
Interesting how they integrated the rear tie down to the trailer instead of using the typical removable straps set up.

Anybody have idea what brand of wheels on the trailer?

sirbob

Reaction score
Pretty much all new trailers have the integrated tie down now. That isn't something new.

At the risk of sounding like I’m bashing (I’m not). I don’t really like it - I think it adds clutter (look). I don’t even use mine often - just going to the ramp from the box and back, I haven’t used rear straps in years. It also looks like a maintenance issues with those getting dunked in the water over and over and wearing out sooner???

Who knows - I am a fan of simple and clutter free.:)

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
At the risk of sounding like I’m bashing (I’m not). I don’t really like it - I think it adds clutter (look). I don’t even use mine often - just going to the ramp from the box and back, I haven’t used rear straps in years. It also looks like a maintenance issues with those getting dunked in the water over and over and wearing out sooner???

Actually, they are a bolt on unit. If you like them, and you have the welded on tab for your "regular" tie down, you can bolt these on and be good to go. If you have them, and dont like them, take them off and you still have the tab for your regular tie down. I have them on my trailer from Adrenaline, and that's how they work.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
I think those straps unbolt. at least mine did. So someone could always shit can them.

I have to use them because the road we tow on look like a rollercoaster. lol

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Interesting how they integrated the rear tie down to the trailer instead of using the typical removable straps set up.

This are bolt on ratchets you can get on amazon, they work great and you never forget where you put the straps.

Anybody have idea what brand of wheels on the trailer?

jbird

Reaction score
I like the 26 Kool Kat and looking forward to seeing a completed 32. Definitely building some nice stuff!

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score

I have them on my boat trailer and I love them. I've had them on for 3-4 years now, and I've never had them malfunction. I like them way better than removable straps, and I use them all the time.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I have them on my boat trailer and I love them. I've had them on for 3-4 years now, and I've never had them malfunction. I like them way better than removable straps, and I use them all the time.

I’ve had them on a couple trailers. I almost never use straps towing locally so I can go either way with them.
I will say I had one that kept locking up and it was a mofo to get that SOB to release.. lol.
Overall though if I was building a trailer I’d have them included in the build.

Raffit78

Reaction score
That boat looks clean. Any other pics of the boat?

Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score

When I worked for Nautique most of the Boatmate trailers we put them on hid the built on ratchet under the step. You can see the little slot where the strap comes through. You would just reach under to ratchet tight or release. Clean and simple and no straps to forget or lose! :)

20200408_100139.jpg

sirbob

Reaction score
Ok - lots of clutter lovers - the more I hear about these straps the less I like them.

I’m from the “less is more” school of design.

Porsche Speedsters

Ludwig Mies van der Rohe design

etc

Also, as I said above I do not want to bash or dis somebody else’s stuff so I’ll make this my last comment on it. It sounds like a bunch of folks like them, I’m glad it works for you all:)

Last edited:

hawgty55

Reaction score
Im probably in This newboat price price range if i were to ever go this route. I think there hulls that they have chosen to build are great. Ill never be in the 28+ category. I Like what there doing and like to see what there putting out!

RaceTec

Reaction score
They had a nice display at the show and the 25 is the old Cole mold and a really nice boat!

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I liked what I saw at the LA Show.... seemed like they had one of the "Best Value" price points as I recall.

riverroyal

Reaction score
nice clean looking boat, good lines. Approx cost for this?

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
They are revamping the whole
Company, which includes the website..

yeah talking with the wife i think our next boat will be a mid 20's deckboat. didnt know they made one, but I dont want to scroll through 50 pages of facebook posts to figure out specs, etc... and most importantly a ballpark cost.

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score
I’ve had them on a couple trailers. I almost never use straps towing locally so I can go either way with them.
I will say I had one that kept locking up and it was a mofo to get that SOB to release.. lol.
Overall though if I was building a trailer I’d have them included in the build.
I never used to use mine for around town either until I saw a boat tossed off its trailer that was involved in a traffic collision while crossing 95 on the way to the launch ramp.

boataholic

Reaction score
yeah talking with the wife i think our next boat will be a mid 20's deckboat. didnt know they made one, but I dont want to scroll through 50 pages of facebook posts to figure out specs, etc... and most importantly a ballpark cost.
That 26 Koolcat deck has some beautiful lines... in regards to pricepoint they were right in line with the other builders once you equip it nicely. Originally there was a teaser price on that boat, I'm sure it cant be had at those numbers no more.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk