WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Interceptor boats...

riverroyal

Reaction score
first, I'm not buying one. But, these things look like a hell of a deal. The one in the classified looks like it's built very well. Why are there not more on the water? They now have a 26 and a 32 that's looks amazing in the rendering.
My first concern with buying would be resale since they are a newer company, but the bang for your buck would be tempting

FreeBird236

Reaction score
first, I'm not buying one. But, these things look like a hell of a deal. The one in the classified looks like it's built very well. Why are there not more on the water? They now have a 26 and a 32 that's looks amazing in the rendering.
My first concern with buying would be resale since they are a newer company, but the bang for your buck would be tempting

I'm no expert on them, but they seem like a very good boat to me. They started off buying the Eliminator 27 fun deck and reworking the top, the ones I've seen looked great and had very clean rigging and gel and glass work. It looks like they're expanding with the new 26 and 32. There aren't too many around because it takes awhile to get going, the owner Chris seems like a straight shooter.

Sunset

Reaction score
Nice looking boats and gel , interior also. Performance ? Resale ? He been working on the 26 for 2 years great looking boat but no reviews?
It would be nice if RD gave a review on the 26 deck. He is building his own trailers also.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Why care about resale when you don’t know the new price? It is probably 20-30% cheaper than an equivalent Howard or Nordic, and will be 20-30% cheaper when you sell it.

If you care about resale you don’t buy a new boat anyway.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Why care? If im going to lose 15% on a nordic in 5 years or 30% on another brand im going with nordic. Regardless of purchase price

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Why care? If im going to lose 15% on a nordic in 5 years or 30% on another brand im going with nordic. Regardless of purchase price

So you’d spend 1/3 more just to get a few bucks extra back at resale? That makes no sense.

If you buy a new boat today (not 2012) there is no way you are loosing less than 25% in 5 years anyway.

Again, if the boat costs 1/3 less to start with, I don’t understand your argument. They can’t be close to the same price because you’d just buy the Nordic instead.

Let’s say the Nordic was 180k and the Interceptor was 130k.

Nordic loses 30% value in 5 years, you sell for $126k and lose $54k

Interceptor loses 40% value in 5 years and you sell for $78k and lose $52k

In this example you actually got more money out of the Interceptor. Even sliding the numbers around + and - 10% you are talking a difference of a few to several grand in the end, and the payment on the Nordic was more every month, and you lost more actual dollars to depreciation at the sale on the Nordic.

Note that in both instances it cost you $10k a year in depreciation just to own the boat, plus payments, insurance, service, fuel, etc.

Last edited:

River Runnin

Reaction score
I Know I'm miss'n something!??! .... Oh Ya!! ;)

worthlesswoutpics.gif

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
So you’d spend 1/3 more just to get a few bucks extra back at resale? That makes no sense.

If you buy a new boat today (not 2012) there is no way you are loosing less than 25% in 5 years anyway.

Again, if the boat costs 1/3 less to start with, I don’t understand your argument. They can’t be close to the same price because you’d just buy the Nordic instead.

In this example you actually made more money on the Interceptor. Even sliding the numbers around + and - 10% you are talking a difference of a few to several grand in the end, and the payment on the Nordic was more every month, and you lost more actual dollars to depreciation at the sale.

Note that in both instances it cost you $10k a year in depreciation just to own the boat, plus payments, insurance, service, fuel, etc.

We too are looking for a boat in this class for our first boat sometime in the next few years. This is very helpful to look at things in a different light. :thumbup

FreeBird236

Reaction score

15% on a Nordic in five years.:confused::D

Last edited:

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
28ft for your first boat? HMMMM
Me? No...Would be looking for something smaller like a 22-25. Or maybe just a sea doo after seeing that you can ground them any where you like up the river. :lol:

riverroyal

Reaction score
For fucks sake....all i was meaning to say is i would be nervous to buy a boat without great resale. I wasnt going to do a bunch of math to prove a point.
Its a nice looking boat

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
For fucks sake....all i was meaning to say is i would be nervous to buy a boat without great resale. I wasnt going to do a bunch of math to prove a point.
Its a nice looking boat for a good price, thats all.
You always argue with guys you dont know?
Thread went a conpletely different direction than i was hoping for, this place never lets me down

The one in question is being offered at $89k, right? Seems like a better idea than spending $75-$80k on a 10+ year old Magic.

Why are you so concerned about resale on a used boat? It will always be worth more than a 10 + year old Magic if it is as nice throughout as it is in the pictures.

Resale value and boats don’t really belong in the same sentence in my estimation, but buying that Interceptor would likely leave you in a pretty solid position. Older deckboats would keep the value of this boat high, but still a value when compared to mainstream brands used prices.

Last edited:

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
You can buy their 25 right now with the 8.2 loaded with all the creature comforts for under $70k with trailer and its the old 25 Cole mold.

Chris said the 26 deck with a 520 will run 80 +

The 26 looks rad on the water and is fully loaded with a half cap / 520 package for $125k.

I will stop over there this week and update this thread.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
You can buy their 25 right now with the 8.2 loaded with all the creature comforts for under $70k with trailer and its the old 25 Cole mold.

Chris said the 26 deck with a 520 will run 80 +

The 26 looks rad on the water and is fully loaded with a half cap / 520 package for $125k.

I will stop over there this week and update this thread.

$70k
&
$125k you say???

Hmmm

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
$70k
&
$125k you say???

Hmmm
Yeah. He had the 25 at the boat show and it was $60k if I recall.

When I first talked to him about a 26 almost a year ago, he quoted me $100k with the half cap and a 520. Since then prices have increased due to demand and the material costs rising.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Yeah. He had the 25 at the boat show and it was $60k if I recall.

When I first talked to him about a 26 almost a year ago, he quoted me $100k with the half cap and a 520. Since then prices have increased due to demand and the material costs rising.

Impressive.

But you could only resell that $100k boat for like $80k....

I could spend $150k on a Nordic 26 and resell it for $110k.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Food for thought.
In 05 i paid 98k for my new magic deck.
Sold it in 2015 for 65k.
It sold again for 70

Now up for sale again for 75

I shoulda kept it

hallett21

Reaction score
Food for thought.
Sold it in 2015 for 65k.
It sold again for 70

I shoulda kept it

Not to de rail this any more but to get your equivalent 98k back today that boat would have to sell for roughly 125k with inflation factored in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Not to de rail this any more but to get your equivalent 98k back today that boat would have to sell for roughly 125k with inflation factored in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BOOM!!

There you go....

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
It's the first thing I would figure in, easily..

If you did that you’d unquestionably by the Interceptor over a Howard or Hallett or Eliminator or Nordic.

You’ll simply come out ahead and your total cost of ownership will be lower.

But if you were truly that concerned about resale, you’d buy a used boat.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Food for thought.
Sold it in 2015 for 65k.
It sold again for 70

I shoulda kept it

So why should you pay nearly double for a new deck boat today? In my mind that experience means you should buy the Interceptor.

All the big guys have done is up their prices on a lower number of builds vs 15 years ago. The up and comers are compelled to build an equal or better product at a lower cost if they want to compete.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score

In this example you actually got more money out of the Interceptor. Even sliding the numbers around + and - 10% you are talking a difference of a few to several grand in the end, and the payment on the Nordic was more every month, and you lost more actual dollars to depreciation at the sale on the Nordic.

This thread has gotten so ridiculous, who actually comes here to see “common sense” lol.

If i had about 5’ more garage i honestly believe I’d be omw to look at that 2016 deck. Loaded and gorgeous with a well known hull.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
This thread has gotten so ridiculous, who actually comes here to see “common sense” lol.

If i had about 5’ more garage i honestly believe I’d be omw to look at that 2016 deck. Loaded and gorgeous with a well known hull.

Me too. It is a good deal for that price.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
So why should you pay nearly double for a new deck boat today? In my mind that experience means you should buy the Interceptor.

All the big guys have done is up their prices on a lower number of builds vs 15 years ago. The up and comers are compelled to build an equal or better product at a lower cost if they want to compete.

The build and rigging quality of Nordic, Howard or Eliminator are light years ahead of the low cost boat builders.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The build and rigging quality of Nordic, Howard or Eliminator are light years ahead of the low cost boat builders.

Lol so they use different and inferior zip ties and P clips over there @ Interceptor?

Have you seen the Interceptor rigging to comment on?

Again if it is worth it to you, pay the 1/3 more for the name brand boat. I’m not here saying that the boat is as good as the best in the industry. I’m saying if you are so worried about resale value then buying the most expensive boat might not yield the results you seek. That is it.

It is a proven hull, the power and drive package is the same, the only differences are wiring, some features, and fit and finish.

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
Come on now...

You buy a boat to impress your friends, not your accountant. Buy what strokes your ego best.

Sent from a van down by the river. [emoji111]️[emoji41]

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
I heard the boat market hasn't even hit its peak yet. Best thing to do is pull a shitload of equity from your house and buy the biggest & fastest boat you can get. Use it for 2 years, then sell it and make a profit. It makes sense.

Magic34

Reaction score
I heard the boat market hasn't even hit its peak yet. Best thing to do is pull a shitload of equity from your house and buy the biggest & fastest boat you can get. Use it for 2 years, then sell it and make a profit. It makes sense.

I'm waiting for the next big crash so we can score a 50-55', crystal ball says it's 2022.

LBZRCKS

Reaction score
I personally wouldn't order a new boat from them, maybe a used one that has all the issues worked out and doesn't take ~10 months. A friend just had a new 28' built and it hasn't been a fun process for him.

Jake Longfellow

Reaction score
There's a reason you don't see many of them on the water; they are either taking a year to be made, or back in the shop for repair. Least they look nice!
#mynamesjeff

guest hs

Reaction score
Nice looking boats and gel , interior also. Performance ? Resale ? He been working on the 26 for 2 years great looking boat but no reviews?
It would be nice if RD gave a review on the 26 deck. He is building his own trailers also.
You know Chris' brother was the owner of Extreme Trailers before it was sold to Lippert (Zieman)