WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Interesting hypothesis I read today...

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Even with hinky positive test numbers I don't think we can deny that infections due to COVID are higher than over the summer. But there also is no denying that the number of deaths hasn't matched the spike in the infection rate.

A blog I read this morning had a provoking take on this. COVID has mutated since the spring and now isn't as lethal. Which makes sense. The higher mortality strain would burn itself out quickly, since the virus needs a living host. The strain that doesn't cause death as often will propagate farther as the pandemic plays out. So the virus gets to live and humans don't get to die. Natural selection at work.

This was just some guy on the internet with no facts to back him up, but it is an interesting opinion.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Even with hinky positive test numbers I don't think we can deny that infections due to COVID are higher than over the summer. But there also is no denying that the number of deaths hasn't matched the spike in the infection rate.

A blog I read this morning had a provoking take on this. COVID has mutated since the spring and now isn't as lethal. Which makes sense. The higher mortality strain would burn itself out quickly, since the virus needs a living host. The strain that doesn't cause death as often will propagate farther as the pandemic plays out. So the virus gets to live and humans don't get to die. Natural selection at work.

This was just some guy on the internet with no facts to back him up, but it is an interesting opinion.
That's pretty much accepted theory, among most epidemiologist's.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score

Virologists have said this would happen, since the low hanging fruit has been harvested, now the strain is slowly being beat back due to lower viral loads AND the fact that probably half of the planet is already had it and is fully or partially immune as well as the rest of the folks kick its ass on contact. How many stories do we hear about care givers at home with sick covid patients that DONT catch it. At least one of my buddies had that happen, three sick people in his house none died he nursed them and he did not catch it.

Its herd immunity. The quicker you do it, the better off the susceptible population is. Flatten the curve, and it only INCREASES the AMOUNT OF TIME a KILLER STRAIN is active. Fuck.

4Waters

Reaction score
I have a hypothesis,

Let's say hypothetically this virus isn't man made, what if Mother Earth released this virus to save herself by thinning the population and we (humans) just screwed that up and doomed the planet, maybe this would have stopped the "global warming" or "climate change" the tree huggers are screaming about.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I have a hypothesis,

Let's say hypothetically this virus isn't man made, what if Mother Earth released this virus to save herself by thinning the population and we (humans) just screwed that up and doomed the planet, maybe this would have stopped the "global warming" or "climate change" the tree huggers are screaming about.

This is actually true when all previously morbid diseases and causes of death have been tackled by medical science and knowledge of human biology has been advanced.
Our current life expectancy is 78 YO (as Americans) ...which also happens to be the median age of so called covid deaths...hmmm.
But to your point that is the exact reason that the global population has been exploding over recent centuries.
As initial hybrids like Noah and Enoch and others that reportedly lived hundreds of years died off, the post flood humans of today were never supposed to live this long...at least not the majority.
We’ve cured ourselves right into extinction! Lol

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
I have a hypothesis,

Listened to a podcast last week where the guy talked in depth about current global reproduction rates, key number is 2.1 which is the average amount of kids a society needs to produce in order to maintain current population. Long story short, based on all the local fertility rates, global population will increase only another 1 to 2 billion since the global poverty rates have plummeted. Interesting.

propcheck

Reaction score
For the nerdy folks like myself here, The real scientists that study the virus have already published and peer reviewed multiple studies on the mutations of Sars Covid2 if you just search sars2 strain mutations you can read good articles for days. Some of it good news some bad

Last edited:

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
Its herd immunity. The quicker you do it, the better off the susceptible population is. Flatten the curve, and it only INCREASES the AMOUNT OF TIME a KILLER STRAIN is active. Fuck.

There you go with that "common sense" shit again, this is 2020, we can't have any of that.

jet496

Reaction score
I have a hypothesis,

This is nature at work & has always been about survival of the fittest. It's like if the whole world were liberals, the human race would die out.

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
Sounds like nature and shit.

Amazing how it works.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I have a hypothesis,

I have a hypothesis. Let's say this virus was made and intentionally released by China.

Consider what's happened to the world and is still happening and what is happening to China.

And now the China loving left including their Red Chinese Leader Biden appear to be ready to eat more Chinese for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

chinese-american-half-china-half-america-flag-shir-small-buttons.jpg