WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Interesting sign just popped up

bluebleeder

Reaction score
This is in The Woodlands, TX at the mall. Very sprited conversation happening on our community forum and let's just say it is one sided. Taking into consideration this is Texas, the recent bill signing regarding open carry and the Governor's huge middle finger to anti gun activists, this is going to get interesting. Either of these two things are going to happen; we are going to see a shit ton of people open carrying in the mall or the mall will be empty.
FB_IMG_1624062347030.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: DWC

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Isn’t that the rich section of town? I can’t think of who it was that lives there.

looked it up. It was Danny Amandola. Lot of celebrities as well.

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
While I strongly believe in the right to carry I also believe strongly in private property rights. They don't want firearms on their private property I will simply shop somewhere else. Vote with your wallet.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Lol the malls have been empty for years. Who still goes to the mall?
I was a mall junkie in the old days but the stores suck now. In fact when we were in the Vegas mall last week I was telling the ole lady I miss the record store that used to be there. The really depressing ones are in Prescott and Flagstaff. Zombie malls.

bluebleeder

Reaction score
While I strongly believe in the right to carry I also believe strongly in private property rights. They don't want firearms on their private property I will simply shop somewhere else. Vote with your wallet.
I agree also. That is why I mentioned that nobody will be in the mall. Consumers can choose not to ahop there as well.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Either of these two things are going to happen; we are going to see a shit ton of people open carrying in the mall or the mall will be empty.
So people don't feel safe going to the mall without packing heat? Interesting, must be a real shitty neighborhood.

azsunfun

Reaction score
don't go anywhere without, and you don't know if i'me the one next to you, and might just save your ass!! 🤨

DWC

Reaction score
Didn’t AZ pass a law prohibiting these types of rules? Only place that’s illegal to carry are where there are metal detectors to make sure the bad guys/non-rule followers don’t have one.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
This is in The Woodlands, TX at the mall. Very sprited conversation happening on our community forum and let's just say it is one sided. Taking into consideration this is Texas, the recent bill signing regarding open carry and the Governor's huge middle finger to anti gun activists, this is going to get interesting. Either of these two things are going to happen; we are going to see a shit ton of people open carrying in the mall or the mall will be empty.

These restrictions will prevent Mall Shootings.... Just ask Beto

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Aren't they concealed for a reason? What they can't see can't be bad

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
So people don't feel safe going to the mall without packing heat? Interesting, must be a real shitty neighborhood.

Imagine a world where all the law abiding citizens give up their guns...the only people left with them will be people who do no follow the law. I realize that you don’t have enough bandwith to grasp that but that is where we are at.

My family is really happy that we don’t have any weapons in the house and that they have had zero training on how to properly protect themselves. We would just call 911...and wait.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
If you go out on public without a means to protect your family, your friends, and yourself, you’re an idiot. I give no fucks what the sign says, it’s concealed for a reason. If they find out I have it, the possession of it is the smallest of the problems.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
My family is really happy that we don’t have any weapons in the house and that they have had zero training on how to properly protect themselves. We would just call 911...and wait.
👍 That's a good thing because weapons in the house are 10 times more likely to kill a family member than an intruder.

DLC

Reaction score
So that would be a gun free safe zone! Prime picking for a shooting, nobody to shoot back…..Not that I would push for that. Absolutely crazy the way people are acting these days.

For some reason you never see shootings or drive bys at police stations, well unless your in Portland then you get fires 🔥 with your shootings….

Dalton

Reaction score
[emoji106] That's a good thing because weapons in the house are 10 times more likely to kill a family member than an intruder.

I think that would depend on the area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
👍 That's a good thing because weapons in the house are 10 times more likely to kill a family member than an intruder.

I am guessing if you trained your 2 daughters on how to handle a firearm and then let them decide what they felt more comfortable with would be a good idea...but I don’t know for sure, guns are scary.

If someone broke in to your house tonight would you attack them with a dildo?

CarolynandBob

Reaction score

Just conceal carry, but I also agree shop shop somewhere else.

wzuber

Reaction score
I am guessing if you trained your 2 daughters on how to handle a firearm and then let them decide what they felt more comfortable with would be a good idea...but I don’t know for sure, guns are scary.

If someone broke in to your house tonight would you attack them with a dildo?
He'd just bow him and send him off to the neighbors.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
So what are the repercussions of violating section 30.06 of the Texas penal code?

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
So what are the repercussions of violating section 30.06 of the Texas penal code?
It just says don’t carry in the mall, there’s no “or else” clause at the end. Kinda like telling the neighbor’s kid to not to bite his fingernails, if he still does it - oh, well.

stevesdcb

Reaction score
Educate you & yours about guns……they are a part of this country & the guns aren’t leaving, regardless of what some Liberal ass politician is preaching.

SnoC653

Reaction score
Some sharp Texas lawyer should draft up a letter and send it to every private business that is dumb enough to post such a sign. It needs to tell the business that by posting the sign they are legally assuming the responsibility for protecting the people on the property from acts of violence. Furthermore, any reported act of violence on that property will be grounds for a civil suit and my colleagues and I will be waiting for the opportunity to represent them. You will lose, since you chose to deny them the opportunity to defend themselves or have another citizen legally defend them.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
MY BIL says , every non gun owner is a direct benificiary of those who do ..... Great idea post up a sign saying "Warning no guns here" ! for your business or property

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

Have you met my family?
I’m 10 x more likely to shoot them on purpose than an intruder!!

Mike K

Reaction score
So what got this rule changed ?
I guarantee it wasn’t Texans.
Its the thousands and thousands and thousands of Californians moving to “The Woodlands” over the past 5 years and bringing their liberal views with them.
Its the #1 targeted Texas location for equity rich fleeing Californians.
No wonder every state hates Californians.
Sad to see.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Some sharp Texas lawyer should draft up a letter and send it to every private business that is dumb enough to post such a sign. It needs to tell the business that by posting the sign they are legally assuming the responsibility for protecting the people on the property from acts of violence. Furthermore, any reported act of violence on that property will be grounds for a civil suit and my colleagues and I will be waiting for the opportunity to represent them. You will lose, since you chose to deny them the opportunity to defend themselves or have another citizen legally defend them.
I like this

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
View attachment 1015377

This sign will apply to people “constitutionally carrying” but has no bearing on an LTC holder.

The only signs LTC holders need to pay attention to:
51%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
It just says don’t carry in the mall, there’s no “or else” clause at the end. Kinda like telling the neighbor’s kid to not to bite his fingernails, if he still does it - oh, well.

Seems to me, reading 30.06, that carrying in a home or business where this warning is posted is a class A or C misdemeanor offence. Wonder how that effects a concealed carry permit?

clarence

Reaction score

My LTC class explained was only a problem if you didn't leave the premise after being requested to do so.

It is a Class C misdemeanor punishable by a fine not to exceed $200 for a license holder to carry a concealed handgun onto private property after receiving effective notice under §30.06, Texas Penal Code, or to openly carry a handgun onto private property after receiving effective notice under §30.07, Texas Penal Code.