WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

interesting thought

DaveH

Reaction score
all the simone talk has social media lit up. people crying about how good she is and is being scored lower as her moves are too far beyond everyone else.

I'm wondering if this is like affirmative action and how that is working out now.

no wonder she is "mentally unable to compete" when you are the best and be punished for it.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Did they reinstate her and allow to compete? Thought she was dq for adhd medication.

nowski

Reaction score
As far as I can tell she has a bunch of perfect scores in the 2020 / 2021 Olympics, perfect zeroes that is...

If she wasn't ready to compete mentally she should have given up her spot months ago to an up and coming gymnast...

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
kerry strug won gold in 96 with sprained ankle.
1627946759925.jpeg

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
Both of my boys are competitive gymnasts. One is the current UGA level 6 national champion in still rings. He just turned 11.
We spend a lot of time involved in gymnastics.

GOAT?
Embroidered on her own Leo?

I think not. If you can’t stand the pressure, don’t put yourself on a pedestal. Disgraceful.
Way to represent the Stars and Stripes… quitter.

Last edited:

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
She jinxed herself by posing with a goat before the Olympics.:rolleyes:

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Both of my boys are competitive gymnasts. One is the current UGA level 6 national champion in still rings. He just turned 11.

GOAT?

I think not. If you can’t stand the pressure, don’t put yourself on a pedestal. Disgraceful.

I won’t go that far. But she had to if known she was having issues before she went. Could of very easily opened a spot for someone else.
I wish her nothing but the best of course. And can’t imagine the pressure for a lot of these athletes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoCalDave

Reaction score
You know her net worth is estimated at $6m... :oops:

buck35

Reaction score

GOAT?

That's awesome about your boys!

$hot

To say what? :)
Reaction score
She probably had this planned for months, she didn’t want to loose endorsements! Thief, not quitter

Reactions: DWC

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
all the simone talk has social media lit up. people crying about how good she is and is being scored lower as her moves are too far beyond everyone else.

I'm wondering if this is like affirmative action and how that is working out now.

no wonder she is "mentally unable to compete" when you are the best and be punished for it.

What is this "social media" you speak of?

Is that where people that know absolutely nothing about any given situation, are all seemingly experts on it?

🤷

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
Wow... some speculative Dickheads up in here! We Sponsor Simone (Fairlife - Core Power) and have met her on a few occasions. That girl is the most humble and well grounded "star" athlete you'll find. She isn't the one calling herself the GOAT or any of the other hype. That is ALL media. She was 100% ready to slay at the Olympics, and in prelims and practices was effortlessly nailing moves that others are afraid to even try. What she is dealing with came on while they are there and is a pretty common thing in gymnastics. "Twisties" is a legit thing my daughter was taught a few years ago when she started doin more advanced moves. Any worth a shit coach or instructor will warn their gymnasts about it because if they try to ignore it they can end up seriously hurt. Do some of you think they can do all the flips and twists in combination and just land that shit because they're lucky? It takes a ton of practice to train your mind to keep track of where you are and what your body needs to do to accomplish those moves. It can take only one close call or simply just too much stress or a combination to bring it on. At that point they usually have to go back to the foam pits to begin to retrain their mind to handle those moves.
Who gives a shit if she's worth 6 mill? She gives back so much to her community, and to her sport, why can't she build a little net worth? It's not like a gymnast can keep doing what they do forever. She has an incredible work ethic and has invested her money and a lot of her time in local TX gyms to help grow her sport. She's not out buying gold chains and lambos.

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Question -- did anyone else watch the U.S. Olympic Gymnastic Team trials on TV several weeks ago? It was apparent to me (a non-gymnastic expert) that Simone was far off her game. She fell off the balance beam and didn't stick a landing all day. Still the judges gave her 'gift' scores to still keep her on top (a fairly common practice in 'judged sports'). Where were her coaches? They couldn't help but notice. Did they do anything to help fix or get her back on her game? If she was struggling then, maybe it would have been a better idea to withdraw at that time rather than go through this Olympic agony.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Wow... some speculative Dickheads up in here! We Sponsor Simone (Fairlife - Core Power) and have met her on a few occasions. That girl is the most humble and well grounded "star" athlete you'll find. She isn't the one calling herself the GOAT or any of the other hype. That is ALL media. She was 100% ready to slay at the Olympics, and in prelims and practices was effortlessly nailing moves that others are afraid to even try. What she is dealing with came on while they are there and is a pretty common thing in gymnastics. "Twisties" is a legit thing my daughter was taught a few years ago when she started doin more advanced moves. Any worth a shit coach or instructor will warn their gymnasts about it because if they try to ignore it they can end up seriously hurt. Do some of you think they can do all the flips and twists in combination and just land that shit because they're lucky? It takes a ton of practice to train your mind to keep track of where you are and what your body needs to do to accomplish those moves. It can take only one close call or simply just too much stress or a combination to bring it on. At that point they usually have to go back to the foam pits to begin to retrain their mind to handle those moves.
Who gives a shit if she's worth 6 mill? She gives back so much to her community, and to her sport, why can't she build a little net worth? It's not like a gymnast can keep doing what they do forever. She has an incredible work ethic and has invested her money and a lot of her time in local TX gyms to help grow her sport. She's not out buying gold chains and lambos.
Thank you, I didn’t want to get into it here. I understand she was on adhd meds and it’s not allowed in Japan. Never been a problem competing before but she had to stop cold turkey. Everyone here know about being off your meds, right?🤪😁🍺

DaveH

Reaction score
What is this "social media" you speak of?

Is that where people that know absolutely nothing about any given situation, are all seemingly experts on it?

🤷
everyone is missing the point of my post.

its not about Simone and she really may be the goat.

its about how sports used to be the last place we had where PERFORMANCE was all that mattered. Now its like affirmative action. the MOST qualified doesn't get the job.

i can't figure out why we even watch anymore? who wants to watch a man compete in women's weight lifting? or judges "downplaying" moves because one athlete can do it but it's "not fair" to the others because they cant or deemed "too dangerous".

the point is we are now seeing the PC world take over sports and ruining it for those that are there "for the love of the sport" and even then it seems like many are there to make political statements or bring their agenda to national attention.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score

its about how sports used to be the last place we had where PERFORMANCE was all that mattered. Now its like affirmative action. the MOST qualified doesn't get the job.

i can't figure out why we even watch anymore? who wants to watch a man compete in women's weight lifting? or judges "downplaying" moves because one athlete can do it but it's "not fair" to the others because they cant or deemed "too dangerous".

the point is we are now seeing the PC world take over sports and ruining it for those that are there "for the love of the sport" and even then it seems like many are there to make political statements or bring their agenda to national attention.
You’re right, I did miss the point. And I thought it a little out of character.( not that I know you). I guess it’s just where I jump to around here lately.

DWC

Reaction score

The olympics have been a great watch. I could care less about gymnastics. Didn’t watch them as soon as the Biles BS became the story (No offense anyone). There have been some great performances and i haven’t seen any woke moments live.
Back to Biles. Gotta be tough to stick to the pre-olympics wardrobe. Maybe she can switch is to feinting goat?

1628024038237.gif

603B4A0B-ACB4-4622-95CB-3C4C750F87EA.jpeg
B637A314-58C3-47B4-9F27-99E7F4BEC2EA.jpeg
CE5D07AD-4C59-4B19-B7DA-35074FAE4861.jpeg
3FE56B32-63D5-4C3C-B5DE-3158119F1340.jpeg
EAAFA5F3-0435-4E2A-B23B-82308CBA35EA.jpeg

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

You truly need to stay off social media..

There are just shy of 12 THOUSAND athletes competing in this year Olympics.

Can you tell me how many have protested during the games?

The IOC specifically states no political protestes are allowed.

Can you tell me how many gender benders are competing this year? One or two maybe, out of almost 12 thousand athletes??

The trannies have been allowed since 2004. Who even give a fuck? LoL,

The game are an amazing display of athletes that are at the top of their game.

Stop fretting about what social media wants you to believe and enjoy what's actually been going on.

If you don't wanna watch weight lifting, don't watch it. There are shit tons of other sports competing. 👍

I've been watching most every night. I have yet to see any political agendas.

Have you?

DaveH

Reaction score
You truly need to stay off social media..

There are just shy of 12 THOUSAND athletes competing in this year Olympics.

Can you tell me how many have protested during the games?

The IOC specifically states no political protestes are allowed.

Can you tell me how many gender benders are competing this year? One or two maybe, out of almost 12 thousand athletes??

The trannies have been allowed since 2004. Who even give a fuck? LoL,

The game are an amazing display of athletes that are at the top of their game.

Stop fretting about what social media wants you to believe and enjoy what's actually been going on.

If you don't wanna watch weight lifting, don't watch it. There are shit tons of other sports competing. 👍

I've been watching most every night. I have yet to see any political agendas.

Have you?

haven't watched and that isn't going to change. i don't fret about what "social media wants me to believe" .....in fact it's quite the opposite. I am pointing out how sports has been impacted by the PC world and social media would have you believe that's fine.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score

Exactly, like this:

If these guys were real competitors they would want THE GOLD for themselves. IOC should have given them both silver... and given no gold.

In snowflake land the IOC gives them "participation gold medals" 🤣 🤣

Like you said, this isn't about being the best any more, modern society has little reward for merit anymore, it's all about rewarding virtue. 🤡🤡

DaveH

Reaction score
Exactly, like this:

If these guys were real competitors they would want THE GOLD for themselves. IOC should have given them both silver... and given no gold.

In snowflake land the IOC gives them "participation gold medals" 🤣 🤣

Like you said, this isn't about being the best any more, modern society has little reward for merit anymore, it's all about rewarding virtue. 🤡🤡
WOW......and THIS is exactly what I am talking about.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
haven't watched and that isn't going to change. i don't fret about what "social media wants me to believe" .....in fact it's quite the opposite. I am pointing out how sports has been impacted by the PC world and social media would have you believe that's fine.

So again...

You haven't watched, but you believe sports have been impacted WHY exactly??

Cause you read about it on Facebook? Dude stop. You're way too smart to buy into what the media tells you.

I have been watching. I haven't seen one ounce of political propaganda.

How about you watch for yourself, and form your own opinion about what's going at the Olympics.

Or you could not watch, cause you HEARD the Olympics are bad...

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
The olympics have been a great watch. I could care less about gymnastics. Didn’t watch them as soon as the Biles BS became the story (No offense anyone). There have been some great performances and i haven’t seen any woke moments live.
Back to Biles. Gotta be tough to stick to the pre-olympics wardrobe. Maybe she can switch is to feinting goat?

View attachment 1033172
View attachment 1033166 View attachment 1033167 View attachment 1033168 View attachment 1033169 View attachment 1033170
I think you missed the “sponsors” point that it was all media hype and had nothing to do with her. Those goats must have been on there without her knowing. She is apparently very humble. Humble people would never put a goat on their gear.
Since she had the “twisties”, she should have never gone to Japan. Let the other girls go that dedicated their lives to the sport and give them a chance instead of taking the spot.
My boys’ gym motto is “Never strive to be the best ON the team, strive to be the best FOR the team.”
To bad she had a rough go at it. I’d really have liked to see her absolutely dominate the entire event. I’m just very disappointed in the whole deal.

DaveH

Reaction score
So again...

You haven't watched, but you believe sports have been impacted WHY exactly??

Cause you read about it on Facebook? Dude stop. You're way too smart to buy into what the media tells you.

I have been watching. I haven't seen one ounce of political propaganda.

How about you watch for yourself, and form your own opinion about what's going at the Olympics.

Or you could not watch, cause you HEARD the Olympics are bad...

no thanks. the olympics has become just like many other sports......like Nascar googling over Bubba because he is a minority or Danica because she was the (at the time) only female driver. neither lived up to the hype. or the NBA how they made last season all about BLM.....I could go on and on. sorry, professional sports has gone AA PC and ill live in my real world and not sit in front of the tube.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
no thanks. the olympics has become just like many other sports......like Nascar googling over Bubba because he is a minority or Danica because she was the (at the time) only female driver. neither lived up to the hype. or the NBA how they made last season all about BLM.....I could go on and on. sorry, professional sports has gone AA PC and ill live in my real world and not sit in front of the tube.

Once again...

You are talking about what the media has told you. I understand completely. To each their own. 👍

nowski

Reaction score
Call me a dick head if you choose, I just call them as I see them. Biles is in Japan on our dime not hers. Correct me if I'm wrong...

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
So it’s only conservatives and racists that are calling her a quitter?
HUH? I didn’t say that nor did my link. Mine was about the coddling of America and how liberal cancel culture is ruining America and has no place at the Olympics.