WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Interesting Vaccine Conversation

Backlash

Reaction score
This is a conversation I had this morning with a very dear friend, and someone who is close to me and the rest of our family. I have a lot of respect for this person and have always considered them to be extremely intelligent. They are successful and have done well for themselves. But I found this conversation somewhat interesting and thought I would share it with you.

I started the entire conversation off by texting this person "Hello" and telling them that I thought I had seen their children going to school. I hadn't chatted with them in some time, and thought it would be a great opportunity to just say "Hello" and see how they were doing.

Seven text messages after the conversation was started, it went to the "Covid" topic. Seven. From "Hello!" to "Are you vaccinated?"

My comments are in blue.

20210923_104834.jpg

20210923_105026.jpg

Backlash

Reaction score
20210923_105110.jpg

20210923_105219.jpg

This is not a "Callout" thread or anything of that nature. But I found it interesting that I haven't spoken to this person in several months, and our conversation went "There" as quickly as it did.

Backlash

Reaction score
I guess I wont be invited inside their house anytime soon. 😁 Not hating on them whatsoever, and I plan to continue with a relationship as we all move forward with life. Just found it interesting and thought I'd share.

That's all. Back to your regularly scheduled programs. 😁 🇺🇸

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
This is a conversation I had this morning with a very dear friend, and someone who is close to me and the rest of our family. I have a lot of respect for this person and have always considered them to be extremely intelligent.

Guess it's time to reassess your dear friend's intelligence and probably respect for her.

Clearly people like this are not intelligent at all. Their lack of critical thinking and inability to look at things without bias is showing us how many stupid people there really are the in this world.

Backlash

Reaction score
Duly noted! 😁 They are indeed sharp when it comes to things "Work related." I've witnessed it firsthand and have always been impressed by their abilities. I don't say that about many people either.

Maybe I AM a babbling idiot like my wife has mentioned! 🤣

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
I have to agree with you and the desire to have conversations with those neighbors. We have a similar situation on our street. I keep distance becuase of their fear but willing to still do anything to assist the aging owner. It is sad on many levels. But they are buying into the doom and gloom being fed by the Hawaii media. So looking forward to being back to Havasu soon and be able to live life freely for as long as I am able.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
My best friend equates this whole vaccine and masking to protect others. We do it to protect others he says. He sees it as the same as stopping at a red light to protect other drivers that have a green.

That's where they are going with this too. Thinks its unfair that people are dying because people are being selfish. I said then go after the Chinese.

the only person that can protect YOU is YOU

azsunfun

Reaction score
your very nice! nobody likes my opinion conversation wont last long.😂 and keeps health police greater good people a lot more than 6 feet.

jonnyd

Reaction score
I'm quite surprised at the fact that the drug companies that produce these vaccines do not have commercials on TV. Watching TV it seems like every other commercial is for a new vaccine. If this is such an important vaccine that everyone should receive then why not put it out in commercials?

I also find it curious that there doesn't seem to be any drugs that actually cure diseases. I guess if there were cures people would not need to take vaccines.

just_floatin

Reaction score
I'm quite surprised at the fact that the drug companies that produce these vaccines do not have commercials on TV. Watching TV it seems like every other commercial is for a new vaccine. If this is such an important vaccine that everyone should receive then why not put it out in commercials?

I also find it curious that there doesn't seem to be any drugs that actually cure diseases. I guess if there were cures people would not need to take vaccines.
1B2FCF6E-2E3F-4115-842C-FCE83A3E2773.jpeg

xlint89

Reaction score
It's all they talk about on TV. Pushed onto you every waking moment.

A few years ago my young nephew saw a rifle and asked if it was an AR 15?

How did he know that term?

A long time ago, they named things appropriately. Television programming.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
It's all they talk about on TV. Pushed onto you every waking moment.

A few years ago my young nephew saw a rifle and asked if it was an AR 15?

How did he know that term?

A long time ago, they named things appropriately. Television programming.

The best part is.. all the "uneducated" will tell you "AR" stands for "Assult Rifle""🤷🏻‍♂️

Try and convince one that it actually stands for "Armalite rifle"!... makes for an interesting conversation.

But if you are able to open someone's eyes on what an AR actually is, it's all worth it...

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Just this week, my wife got a message from my sister in law. She was asking for ideas for B-day gifts for my older boy. They messaged back and forth a bit. When my wife asked about when they'd like to get together for the holidays, shit went sideways.
They aren't to interested in spending time with us...being as though we are out of towners and un vaccinated. Sucks for my kids, they only have my brother, his wife, and my brother in law. Wife has some cousins, but we rarely see them.

Strange and sad times we are in. I'm sure I don't have the only story like this. Instead of wanting to see family, as this is end times and all, the fear of becoming sick has isolated individuals. I haven't seen my brother in almost 2 years. With the way things are headed in the world, I kind of wonder if I'll see him again.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I have been isolated out of my daughters life as well. She says that I didnt take this COVID stuff serious enough and that's why I have not been able to see her and my grandkids since Aug 3, 2020.

Just this week, my wife got a message from my sister in law. She was asking for ideas for B-day gifts for my older boy. They messaged back and forth a bit. When my wife asked about when they'd like to get together for the holidays, shit went sideways.
They aren't to interested in spending time with us...being as though we are out of towners and un vaccinated. Sucks for my kids, they only have my brother, his wife, and my brother in law. Wife has some cousins, but we rarely see them.

Strange and sad times we are in. I'm sure I don't have the only story like this. Instead of wanting to see family, as this is end times and all, the fear of becoming sick has isolated individuals. I haven't seen my brother in almost 2 years. With the way things are headed in the world, I kind of wonder if I'll see him again.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I have been isolated out of my daughters life as well. She says that I didnt take this COVID stuff serious enough and that's why I have not been able to see her and my grandkids since Aug 3, 2020.

Respectfully, you JUST HAD covid right? You have all the antibodies, but are now under some punitive punishment for catching it in the first place and/or not being vaccinated?

SNiC Jet

Reaction score

Biden Withholding Life-Saving Antibody Treatments From Covid Patients

Florida and Alabama, among others, are the hardest hit
1632490929356.png

1632491093764.gif

Singleton

Reaction score

I was just told this week, I am not invited to my dads 75 birthday party that my younger sister who lives in Virginia is hosting, My dad turns 75 the week of Thanksgiving, so the wife and I were planning a DC trip around it. Now that my younger sister pulled that card we are going camping. To make it worse, my sister did not have the courage to tell me, she made my dad tell me. I told my dad we were planning on staying at the hotel and would only be at the house on your birthday and Thanksgiving. He said, she is not allowing anyone unvaxed in her house. Called my younger sister and she yet has the courage to pick up the F’n phone or call me back!

just_floatin

Reaction score
Conversely the situation in my immediate family is a tad different. My oldest daughter’s family is unvaccinated. Both my grandchildren are in their teens. My granddaughter celebrated her 16th birthday last weekend and had three friends from her school attend. We had a total of 17 people in my daughters home of which 12 were not vaccinated.

Everyone had a great time except Great Gandma who was recently coerced to take the shot by the libs in the family. Well Gradma was disappointed to learn she was not invited to the party because she has diabetes, overweight and has known underlining conditions.

My daughter did not want to be responsible for her nana potentially getting ill at the party and having to deal with her liberal aunt and uncles. Grandma understood and requested a plate be dropped off after the party. Well that request too was denied. Decisions have consequences.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I really didn’t see much wrong until they mentioned masks.
That, above all, reveals the ignorance.
Want the vax? Go get it.
Think it might help? Cool, your choice no less than mine.
Judge me while you’re wearing a dust mask? Sorry, you just tipped your hand and I no longer can discuss this with you.
Hygiene, common sense, stay out of peoples spit range. All more than effective than a non specific “mask”. (Which isn’t even a real APR)
I did confined space level A for years. Never heard of a “mask” other than pressurized and on demand supplied air full face “masks”. (SCBA or cascade systems)
Everything else is an APR...EXCEPT particulate (dust) masks