WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Interesting vinyl wrap request.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
My wifes niece works as a graphics art designer for a rather large vinyl wrapping company in Florida and told me last night of the strangest job they had done lately. The family of a decest individual wanted his casket wrapped with his personal info/interest which they agreed to. Said it came out really nice and was the hit of the services. Anyway a few weeks after the service they were informed that the decest had been cremated and the casket was only used as a rental for the services. They are now being asked to strip the wrap in preparation for another poor sole. She is a little freaked out about it but I think it's a really good opportunity for some new business for both the wrap and funeral companies. :eek:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Told my wife to have me cremated and toss me off the bridge in Bullhead...make me part of the stretch I've loved with the wife and family.

....But wrapping a box...I like it! Lots of ideas, Iron Maiden theme, Gift wrap theme, Racing/Sponsors...Biohazard Logo!

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
I've never posted pics of the batesville casket factory I've driven past a few times in Iowa. It's on I-35...

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
People have been painting and airbrushing them forever so why not wrap them.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Ken "Posie", an old car guy in PA, did a metal version of a woody. The color was kind of a changing deal, but the wood graining was great. I asked him who did it...some Amish folk who did wood grain caskets! Never been too much into them, just carried a few:(

Rather have something bass boat metal flake than dark and somber...think 1960's Bell helmet;) Hot rod bling!

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Rewrap it to look like a custom-finish casket.
Market your services to mortuaries.
Retire young.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
Ron "Mad Dog" Bolton's family asked Billy B to paint Ron's casket, which he did....I didn't get to see it but I'm sure it had something to do with his Kelron Spitfire K Racing Runabout boat, K9....And then, following her husbands request, Ron's mother had the Kelron Spitfire molds destroyed....
Ray
PS Great boats those Kelrons...

SoCalDave

Reaction score
I can understand a custom painted casket but what is freaking her out is a wrapped/reusable type of deal.
Who'll be the next client?

SpeedyWho

Reaction score
I've never posted pics of the batesville casket factory I've driven past a few times in Iowa. It's on I-35...
When I lived back in IL my neighbor was one of Batesvilles regional sales managers. She made excellent money and was able to make her own schedule. She said on several occasions “ I’m always in demand”. Cool lady.

fmo24

Reaction score
Sure it’s not Indiana? Huge facility with their own truck garage that looks to be about 10 bays

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
When Mike Fennel passed he was cremated and put in a box. I think it was Mahogany, very subtle with red over cast and maroon shading by Bill Carter.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Strangely I just saw that this is becoming more popular (I would've never guessed) and gatorwraps is doing quite a few of them.

RD