WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Interior cleaner

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
What does everyone use to clean the interior of their boats.... Mine is light grey and needs a good scrubbing.... Don't want to use anything too harsh or abrasive.

Thanks..

Director...
Reaction score
Magic eraser

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

slowinhavasu

Reaction score
Boat Blings , Vinyl Sauce , followed by Conditioning Sauce..which I recommend after anyone's cleaner..:thumbup:

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Scrubbing bubbles and pledge

Last edited:

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Vinyl sauce and magic erasers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I would give the lucas interior detailer and a microfiber a try. Thats what I use and am blown away how well it works. For really hard to clean stuff. Magic eraser.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
I guess I am going to have to order a "Sampler" of all of the Lucas stuff.
I have the Slick Mist and love it.
I've been using the Meguiars interior cleaner with UV protection, it works very well. Blue bottle in there Marine Line. I have some other stuff that is from a detailer, but can't remember the name.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Boat Blings , Vinyl Sauce , followed by Conditioning Sauce..which I recommend after anyone's cleaner..:thumbup:

Where do you get this conditioning sauce. I din't see it at the Nautical when I bought the vinyl sauce and hot sauce.

cflores3

Reaction score
for dirty areas try greased lighting they sell at home depot by the gallon for 9 bucks...works wonders

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
I like the Lucas interior detailer:thumbup:

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
I use fantastic and a brush and warm water. Then wipe down with vinyl sauce then any leather conditioner like armor all leather conditioner.

Director...
Reaction score
Best conditioner I have used is from Dri wash n guard..

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I guess I am going to have to order a "Sampler" of all of the Lucas stuff.
I have the Slick Mist and love it.
I've been using the Meguiars interior cleaner with UV protection, it works very well. Blue bottle in there Marine Line. I have some other stuff that is from a detailer, but can't remember the name.

Meguiars number 57 vinyl cleaner

saucedaddy

Reaction score
Where do you get this conditioning sauce. I din't see it at the Nautical when I bought the vinyl sauce and hot sauce.

Barrett Custom Marine has everything.... and 5 gallons of Hot Sauce!!:thumbup:

mobldj

Reaction score
spray 9,(get it at west marine by the gallon) best stuff I ever have used,better then all the "sauses" and of course along with the badass magic erasers.gallon is 27.00

spray 9.jpg

Last edited:

blacksox

Reaction score
Boat candy has a great line of cleaners and conditioners

bildit4u

Reaction score
Magic eraser

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Be careful with Magic Eraser. I have seen vinyl damaged using that. I have heard interior guys say that Magic Eraser is to abrasive on the vinyl as well. If you have a high quality vinyl you might get away with it, BUT I HAVE SEEN vinyl, especially darker colors, slightly bleached out after scrubbing with Magic Eraser.....

Last edited:

TX Foilhead

Reaction score
Magic Eraser sands the protective coating off, use it as a last resort.

My favorite cleaner is no longer available so when I run out I'll switch to my back up Totally Awsome which comes from the dollar store. The only down side is it leaves eeverything feeling a bit dry so I have to wash everything down and give it a coat of Babe's Seat Saver which adds an extra step. For the daily clean up I like the Babe's Seat Soap for spot treating things between the heavy details I do 2 or 3 times a year. No mater what you use, a brush to scrub with will make it work twice as good. If you aren't using a brush your not getting the most out of your cleaner.

YZFRider

Reaction score
I have used Sauce, Boat Candy and now Driven and they all work great. Sauce works better than Candy. But for the money gotta give it to Driven. Mix the concentrate with cooler water, works as good as anything I have used. Plus the smell is wife approved.

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
Brake fluid and a wire wheel :thumbup:

TX Foilhead

Reaction score
I've got a fairly soft bristle brush about the size of my hand, I've had it forever and couldn't even guess where it came from. I tried a stiffer one that I got from the same place I got the cleaner and didn't like it because it frayed the stitching quickly, the softer one can go over it without doing any damage. If I need to do a lot of work around the stitching I use a soft bristle tooth brush, it's about the same stiffness as the bigger one.