WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

INTERSETING: DISCOVER SOMETHING AFTER 50 YEARS!

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
My Nephew sends me a text today "Hey, can I borrow $325,000, it's for my Dad" that would be my Brother... Well, I get back and ask if everything is ok? then another text comes over with some pictures of a 69' Boss 429 Mustang. It's my Brothers old car that he had to sell in 09', right after the last Dem took over the country and construction took a down turn.

Turns out the guy my Brother sold the car to did a complete resto on this thing and sold it and now its selling again. My Brother bought the car as a Senior in High School in 71' from a Corvette dealer in Bellflower (original owner) who didn't like the way the car handled. My Brother had this car from 71' to 09' and it only had 30,000 and change on the odometer. There was always a question on authenticity about the car as it didn't have the KK# on the door but it had a Shelby number?? My Brother bought the thing with hardly any miles on it but it had been stolen off the Corvette lot and ditched in a filed in Santa Fe Springs. The drivers door was crunched in but fixable and a couple other little issues, so he always new it was a real Boss9 but that plague was in question. Turns out when they did the resto they found two build sheets in the car, one from Kar Kraft and one from Shelby America. There were several Boss 9's that were sold to SA and this was one of them. Pretty cool, and probably would have added to the value back in 09' but what the hell... They have a full list of data on the car including my brothers name and the years he owned it, the Asking price is $325K and they had several bidders....

My Brother is the oldest of 7 kids in our family and I am the youngest, I spent a lot of time in the back seat of this car as a kid and as a teen ager I got to move to the front seat! Being that there was only 30,000 miles on this car you can tell it didn't come out to often. Still the most violent car I have ever ridden in and that motor would RPM as it was built to do just that, it would spin up to 7k and sounded so cool. He did swap the cam shaft and they were sold with a very pedestrian set up, but holy crap the right cam woke it up, he ran 12's in the early 70's with this thing.

My Nephew went thru a mechanics trade school and they had some dyno training, my nephew likes to talk and was bragging about the Boss9 in his dads garage, a couple of the guys with rice burners were saying they could make more power on the dyno with their cars than that old Mustang. He showed up with the Mustang and the 30 year old poly glass tires and they barked out almost 475 hp. to the Dyno. Really a bummer he had to sell it, interior was mint, the paint was shit, single stage no clear from 71' but straight.

REAR.jpg
SIDE.jpg
ENGINE 2.jpg
ENGINE.jpg
HEADS.jpg

Last edited:

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
If I had any way of doing this and staying married, I would have made the transfer of funds. Both my wife and I work private sector so we are our pensions... Ill by him a bitchen poster :)

v6toy4x

Reaction score
If I had any way of doing this and staying married, I would have made the transfer of funds. Both my wife and I work private sector so we are our pensions... Ill by him a bitchen poster :)

The BOSS 9 is my ultimate holy grail muscle car, I too can swing a poster!
Never heard the KK/SA deal, it does add value especially with the build sheets.
In high school a friend of mine's dad was a ford guy and had a small collection which included a boss 429.
He took our clan of kids for rides nothing wild but you could just feel the power! I lost contact with my friend and often wonder what became of the cars his dad had.

J&k beer can

Reaction score
Awesome car..
Sometimes in life we have to sell stuff to stay afloat.. sucks bad been there done that....
It's the only year mustang I like and own... I'm going to start a 408 stroker motor build...
20201225_100600.jpg

v6toy4x

Reaction score
View attachment 1010254 View attachment 1010255

I have a couple of Boss horses in my garage. Not the 429 though. 70 Boss 302 and 71 Boss 351.

That picture made my tongue hang out, mostly because of the dust, it gives it that barn find look, like they have been forgotten, my kind of "garage"
You dont see many boss 351s I had an argument with a neighbor that didnt believe there was such a thing, nice job on matching colors!

I do agree with j&k x-flight though, the 302 needs 4 headlights :D

My high school car was a white 69 R code with a 4speed. Sold it for my first toyota 4x4, dont have pics of it but I stole this pic off the web and it is spot on. Getting another is on the bucket list
81566_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

Does die cast count? Here is my muscle car collection, BOSS 9s, 302s 351, 71 429SCJ, shelbys to copos to hemis
IMG_3546.JPG

IMG_3690.JPG

Sorry for the hijack, now returning to regularly scheduled programming

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Awesome car..
Sometimes in life we have to sell stuff to stay afloat.. sucks bad been there done that....
It's the only year mustang I like and own... I'm going to start a 408 stroker motor build... View attachment 1010259
another mighty fine '69 who does not love a shaker car? I love them so much I have swapped them onto other vehicles
Worst offense would be a toyota 4x4 in the mid 80s. i think I have 2 assys in my garage, I will never sell them. Wonder what one would look like on a boat🤔
82 toyota v6.jpg

IMG_1341.JPG

WYRD

Reaction score
That picture made my tongue hang out, mostly because of the dust, it gives it that barn find look, like they have been forgotten, my kind of "garage"
You dont see many boss 351s I had an argument with a neighbor that didnt believe there was such a thing, nice job on matching colors!

I do agree with j&k x-flight though, the 302 needs 4 headlights :D

My high school car was a white 69 R code with a 4speed. Sold it for my first toyota 4x4, dont have pics of it but I stole this pic off the web and it is spot on. Getting another is on the bucket list
View attachment 1010268

Does die cast count? Here is my muscle car collection, BOSS 9s, 302s 351, 71 429SCJ, shelbys to copos to hemis
View attachment 1010270

View attachment 1010271

Sorry for the hijack, now returning to regularly scheduled programming
they both been sitting 4 over a decade now untouched. They both could use a good amount of t l c to get them back roadworthy, 70 is mostly unmolested and all original except for the four speed was swapped out for a 5-speed and the rims were changed over to the sport wheels I have all of the original Wheels and the original 4 speed trans missing the original shifter handle though. The 71 has been modded up a little bit with some aftermarket goodies:cool: both were painted back to the original color codes

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Boss 429. Real performance car.

I had a 67 Mustang that I put a 406 in place of the 390. Gawd it was fast. Can't imagine what 429 fast would be like...