WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Interstate Batteries Havasu

Hydroman55

Reaction score
I will spare all the details......Do yourself a favor never ever under any conditions patronize this business!!!!
You will be sorry!!!!

Last edited:

NicPaus

Reaction score
Details? I run interstate batteries. Only issue was the Costco ones failed in 4 months. Boat shop tried to warranty them and interstate told him they were not the same as green top and I had to drag back to LA to return at Costco.

Hydroman55

Reaction score
Business practices issue such as honesty, customer service, support and attitude.
The place on Kiowa, just stay away from this place period!!!
I always keep my guard up here in Havasu, lot's of hustlers in the bad way, but a major corporation retailer should not require buyer beware approach!

Last edited:

checkrd past

Reaction score
That is why I buy walmart batteries easy to exchange everywhere.

me too until they started to fail at a fast rate in havasu climate. the finale straw was when one blow up on me

River918

Reaction score
I will spare all the details......Do yourself a favor never ever under any conditions patronize this business!!!!
You will be sorry!!!!

I agree 100%... I had a terrible experience with that location years ago and have refused to step foot back in that business, a few of my buddies feel the same way.

TCHB

Reaction score
That is why I buy walmart batteries easy to exchange everywhere.
I have had the Wallmart $100 batteries work out great for me. I had to use the warranty while on the road with our rv and no problem. Replaced

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I've never dealt with them directly, but god knows I buy enough of their batteries through auto shops and wired for sound.. LOL

RD

Hydroman55

Reaction score
I agree 100%... I had a terrible experience with that location years ago and have refused to step foot back in that business, a few of my buddies feel the same way.
Well thanks for that....just confirms my issues. Everyone I mentioned to place to, said the place sucks.

Hydroman55

Reaction score
I've never dealt with them directly, but god knows I buy enough of their batteries through auto shops and wired for sound.. LOL

RD
Noted Dave....keep it that way the place sucks. The owner or whoever he was is a wizard of oz MOFO hiding behind the curtain passing issues to employees when he should step up instead of acting like not my problem.

CobraDave

Reaction score
The two Interstate places by my house aren’t that great either. Don’t install batteries anymore, warranty exceptions etc....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
You will be sorry!!!!

There is the Interstate Battery Distributor in town. is that the problem?

I believe if you are going to come in and trash a business,at least give the details.

AND

Did you make an honest effort to remedy the issue.

I know I would want to try to fix the problem if I were this business,before I read someone bashing me in a Public Forum that is an important customer of mine.

Some people you can NOT please though.:confused:

Hydroman55

Reaction score
There is the Interstate Battery Distributor in town. is that the problem?

I believe if you are going to come in and trash a business,at least give the details.

AND

Did you make an honest effort to remedy the issue.

I know I would want to try to fix the problem if I were this business,before I read someone bashing me in a Public Forum that is an important customer of mine.

Some people you can NOT please though.:confused:
To the point....I’m not the only one with a complaint about said establishment.

sintax

Reaction score
is there an RDP battery guy? I'm going to get some fresh ones for the season, might as well support an inmate if possible.

ridebig

Reaction score
I've used the Interstate on Acoma many times without any issues. In fact been treated really well.

sintax

Reaction score
Wired4sound sells Full Throttle batteries (RDP sponsor)

never heard of full throttle. Guessing this is just some sort of rebrand. I typically go for a Deka or Eastern Penn batts. I'll have to do some research

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I've used the Interstate on Acoma many times without any issues. In fact been treated really well.
Just make sure you keep all the paperwork and dates, they seem to have a problem with warranty some times.

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Kudo's to the OP. We need more of this in the world. word of mouth, good or bad, is and should be everything.
Wired4Sound. noted.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I bought a battery from them last summer. My dealings were fine, but I have had no reason to go back though.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
I bought 2 new deep cycle batts from All American Battery. I would Recommend

fishing fool

Reaction score
They are full throttle (starting battery) and full river (deep cycle). They come in all sizes. Thery are replacment battey for SxS.

never heard of full throttle. Guessing this is just some sort of rebrand. I typically go for a Deka or Eastern Penn batts. I'll have to do some research

River Runnin

Reaction score
I've bought several batteries from them over the years. The Last one was an AGM, Lasted less than a year, took it in, (couple hours round trip) said with these it mandatory we do a minimum 8 hour charge before they would replace it -- Even knowing it is & was bad! -- Went back the next day and sure enough! -- wouldn't hold a charge! -- They stripped off a few bucks, and sent me on my way! --- We talked about it, and said after all the batteries I bought, (at least 10) 4 hours trip time, down rig for 2 days, I just said! Never again! ..... I'll NEVER buy another Interstate!

All American Has treated me right on new AGM'n on Two RV's, and mobile installs!

Last edited:

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I'll make this short, I go with a friend, he buys two Interstate batteries, 13 months later batteries are dead, not really blaming the batteries, he doesn't boat much. Walk in with said batteries, first thing out of their mouth, can't do much with those, they must be 3 or 4 years old. I instantly see what going on and say, well were they 3 years old when you sold them to him last year? They kind of start back tracking. Long story short they say only 1 year replacement, even with some % of proration it still cost him about $180 for two new batteries which I would have never bought, but hey their not mine. That's just one of the stories.

Tireman

Reaction score
I'll make this short, I go with a friend, he buys two Interstate batteries, 13 months later batteries are dead, not really blaming the batteries, he doesn't boat much. Walk in with said batteries, first thing out of their mouth, can't do much with those, they must be 3 or 4 years old. I instantly see what going on and say, well were they 3 years old when you sold them to him last year? They kind of start back tracking. Long story short they say only 1 year replacement, even with some % of proration it still cost him about $180 for two new batteries which I would have never bought, but hey their not mine. That's just one of the stories.
so he got some warranty on expired warranty batteries and he and you are still not happy. so unhappy that you have trashed them on a public forum. sometimes i just dont get it. how long do you think a 12 month battery should be good for? give the customer more than you promised and still not happy.

CobraDave

Reaction score
so he got some warranty on expired warranty batteries and he and you are still not happy. so unhappy that you have trashed them on a public forum. sometimes i just dont get it. how long do you think a 12 month battery should be good for? give the customer more than you promised and still not happy.

Longer than 12 months my man....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leeco2

Reaction score
Couple years ago got a battery from them would not hold a charge, less than a year old,took it back....with prorate deal they offered $5.00 off the replacement which was $165.00 .....never again.

WildWilly

Reaction score
All American for me as well. In fact going with a buddy in a few to get new batteries for his boat too

Backlash

Reaction score
I've used Interstate batteries for a few years and even bought two Optima red tops a few years ago. I dont drive the truck with the Optimas every day, so they need a charge once in awhile. Daily driver has an Interstate AGM and haven't had any problems. Like stated, maybe just the Havasu location where the problem is.

River Runnin

Reaction score
From interstate -- We carry 65, 75 or 85 month warranties on batteries. Don't know where you get this 12 month shit for warranty -- Who would buy that crap! 👎 Oh! I did! But that's how long it took to FAIL!

Last edited:

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Battery warranties are tough...it’s so easy to kill a battery.

I remember years ago picking up a boat battery somewhere and there was Zero warranty for threaded post marine starting batteries...which I agreed with, because most boats sit and more often than not...boat batteries need to be charged a bunch.

I imagine this is where the 12mo figure comes from on marine batteries from this dealer. Read the warranty on the paperwork you agreed to when you bought the battery...what does it say?

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I’ve had very good luck with interstate batteries over the years.

The customer service at the Acoma location has gone downhill over the years. I guess they’re just not hungry anymore. My understanding is the owner went from being a retailer to a major distributor up in Vegas so maybe he doesn’t care. 🙁

Tireman

Reaction score
From interstate -- We carry 65, 75 or 85 month warranties on batteries. Don't know where you get this 12 month shit for warranty -- Who would buy that crap! 👎 Oh! I did! But that's how long it took to FAIL!
the thread starter said
Long story short they say only 1 year replacement,

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
It would be nice to know a little bit of detail? Was this the top-of-the-line battery? The last time I bought one I thought it was three year free replacement on a six year warranty battery proration after that. Batteries always seem to be a problem out here in the heat lots of battery abuse going on, not saying that was the case of the OP

FreeBird236

Reaction score
It was mostly the attitude and the lying, guess you had to be there. Plus 10% discount on 13 month old batteries that were well over $ 100 each, give me a break.:rolleyes:

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
A reputable repair shop told me lol he wouldn’t sell me a interstate even though he had them in stock. He said they went to crap. Don’t know if he meant interstate or the shop in havasu. He sold me a car quest brand and went out after two years took it back and he swapped it no questions asked honored the warranty didn’t charge it over night or no bs. Usually batteries in havasu last about two years anyway.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
It was mostly the attitude and the lying, guess you had to be there. Plus 10% discount on 13 month old batteries that were well over $ 100 each, give me a break.:rolleyes:

You should have paid more for a battery with a better warranty if you wanted better warranty consideration past the warranty period. Is this so difficult?

You even said "13 months later batteries are dead, not really blaming the batteries, he doesn't boat much". Why should the battery vendor or even the manufacturer be responsible to compensate for something even you yourself claim is not the fault of the batteries, but improper usage and care?

If they had handed out a set of new batteries...guess what?...they would fully expect you return the next year asking for another warranty on your 13 month old batteries that were killed (didn't fail). Sometimes its less costly for a business to fire the customer than keep the customer....

Last edited: