WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Introduced my son to the AR-15, pics.

Jyruiz

Next to this Hottie.
Reaction score
Told him I would give him $20.00 if he hit a bowling ping about 40 yards away, well, he nailed it with his second shot and I was $20.00 lighter.
Also shot a Sig 9 and a Ruger 10/22.

Attachments

• IMG00069.jpg
    IMG00069.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 437
  • IMG00074.jpg
    IMG00074.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 445
  • IMG00075.jpg
    IMG00075.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 445

Outnumbered

Don't tax me bro!
Reaction score
Nice! Looks like fun.

What is that little gray square thing hanging out of the bottom of your AR?:skull

mxbundy

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
Nice! Looks like fun.

What is that little gray square thing hanging out of the bottom of your AR?:skull

Oh no! Not a magazine! Please protect me, for he must be some crazed maniacal killer!
Very cool, where were you guys shooting at?

Jyruiz

Next to this Hottie.
Reaction score
Oh no! Not a magazine! Please protect me, for he must be some crazed maniacal killer!
Very cool, where were you guys shooting at?

Burro Canyon, right above Azusa.

Outnumbered

Don't tax me bro!
Reaction score
I know, stupid laws here in CA. I am going to buy a couple of 30 round mags to keep at the Havi house.

I know. I'm just gloating a bit. I grew up and lived in CA for about 35 years so I feel you pain--well, not anymore, but you know what I mean:D

Old Man Havasu

Reaction score
Is that a public shooting range or open land. Never heard of it?

Jyruiz

Next to this Hottie.
Reaction score
Is that a public shooting range or open land. Never heard of it?

Public shooting range, probably the best spot to go around where I live. There are shooting ranges and then there are private shooting ranges there, we get a private one, it cost $80.00 for the day.

BLOWN HOWARD

Reaction score
So is burro cyn the free one or the 80 a day one? and is there signs posted to where its at, or is it just straight up azusa cyn

D

Deleted Account

Nice pics. We went out to Front Sight this weekend for a rifle shoot. BNAG!:thumbsup:D

Attachments

• P1060398 (Small).JPG
    P1060398 (Small).JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 138

ROZ

Reaction score
Nice pics. We went out to Front Sight this weekend for a rifle shoot. BNAG!:thumbsup:D

Hey, that guy in the middle looks to have a bit of a Napoleon complex :skull

D

Deleted Account

Shane has figured out the big guys just take advantage of him...:D:thumbsup He isn't so short, either.:skull

Attachments

• P1060394 (Medium).JPG
    P1060394 (Medium).JPG
    84 KB · Views: 136

HolyMoly

reMember
Reaction score

Shane has figured out the big guys just take advantage of him...:D:thumbsup He isn't so short, either.:skull

Funny when the guy who is 6' looks short! Guess it would help to have a midget (5'8") in the pic for reference....but I guess the giants were to skeered the tri pod would out shoot you in rifles.....too. :skull:D

I'm gearing up for the 4 day combat master prep in December. :thumbsup

D

Deleted Account

Funny when the guy who is 6' looks short! Guess it would help to have a midget (5'8") in the pic for reference....but I guess the giants were to skeered the tri pod would out shoot you in rifles.....too. :skull:D

I'm gearing up for the 4 day combat master prep in December. :thumbsup

Buy a rifle and catch up! We are doing one of the combat classes next, trying for the end of this month to schedule...

ROZ

Reaction score

I feel his pain. At 6'2", I'm at the shorter end of the spectrum myself. :skull

Big Kahunaa

Reaction score
80 bucks to go shooting man i love az i can drive my ranger to the desert while carrying concealed with a 32 round clip and shoot for free

HolyMoly

reMember
Reaction score
Juan...nice pics!

I've got some video of my 8 and 6 year olds shooting fully auto Uzi's and M-16's (converted to 9mm). I promised my wife I wouldn't post them online or e-mail them to anyone as she is worried someone would call CPS on us even though they were in gun class with 2 instructors per child (Front Sight).

I'm taking my 8 year old, after he turns 9 in Dec, out to take the defensive hand gun courses at Front Sight. His first class will be Jan 8-11. I bought him a Sig Mosquito .22. I'll get him into rifles later in the year.

D

Deleted Account

Juan...nice pics!

I've got some video of my 8 and 6 year olds shooting fully auto Uzi's and M-16's (converted to 9mm). I promised my wife I wouldn't post them online or e-mail them to anyone as she is worried someone would call CPS on us even though they were in gun class with 2 instructors per child (Front Sight).

I'm taking my 8 year old, after he turns 9 in Dec, out to take the defensive hand gun courses at Front Sight. His first class will be Jan 8-11. I bought him a Sig Mosquito .22. I'll get him into rifles later in the year.

Dennis just bought the exact same gun for his 9 y/o son. Pretty funny to see him all rigged out with a Fobus holster and two spare mags.:D

The trigger on the Sig is pretty harsh, though. Might need to see a gunsmith (Mason uses 2 fingers to pull the trigger. LOL).:thumbsup

HolyMoly

reMember
Reaction score
Dennis just bought the exact same gun for his 9 y/o son. Pretty funny to see him all rigged out with a Fobus holster and two spare mags.:D

The trigger on the Sig is pretty harsh, though. Might need to see a gunsmith (Mason uses 2 fingers to pull the trigger. LOL).:thumbsup

I had asked Wes if the Sig Mosquito could be ran like a 1911 out at FS, and he thought it could since the trigger did not release the hammer with the safety on, unlike the Walthers P22. In single action, the trigger is reasonable. My son actually like shooting a Springfield XD in 9mm, but I think the slide spring is too tough for him to do chamber checks and run the slide consistently over 4 days. I know this might be a shock, by my kid isn't the biggest kid around. :D

Does Dennis know that the mosquito is a bit sensitive to ammo? I've read you need to run minimag type as it tends to have type 2 & 3 malfunctions with bulk type of ammo. I've got 5000 rds of CC minimag, so he might be covered for 2010? :D

HolyMoly

reMember
Reaction score
Here is my 8 year old getting instruction on the Uzi. Nice indexing of his trigger finger. He is right handed but left eye dominant and he can't close just his left eye, so he was leaning his head over to sight in with his left eye. Then in the lower photos, he is shooting a Springfield XD in 9mm. Nice shot of the recoil and proper trigger control of trapping the trigger back. The last one is my 6 year old getting ready to shoot a 20 gauge.

D

Deleted Account

How can your kids be the same height as you?:skull

That first instructor is ten. He always pulls the "Dry Practice" and is fun to shoot with...:thumbsup

HolyMoly

reMember
Reaction score
To put Shane's height a little more in perspective he is center right and I'm center left in the 2nd picture. Hey...I'm still taller than the guy on the far right!

D

Deleted Account

being closer to the camera does that to ya. Like holding up a fish...:D