WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Introducing Miles Garrett NFL Man of the Year

Machally

Reaction score
I just heard the Cleveland Browns very own outstanding citizen Miles Garrett has been nominated for NFL Man of the Year. You have got to be kidding me, this idiot should be in jail right now for what he did to Mason last season. The NFL is turning into( I know several of you will argue they are already there) an absolute joke! Time to disconnect from fantasy football and the NFL altogether!

500bbc

Reaction score
I just heard the Cleveland Browns very own outstanding citizen Miles Garrett has been nominated for NFL Man of the Year. You have got to be kidding me, this idiot should be in jail right now for what he did to Mason last season. The NFL is turning into( I know several of you will argue they are already there) an absolute joke! Time to disconnect from fantasy football and the NFL altogether!
Why would you even follow those assholes?

PlanB

Reaction score
Went to my last game in 2017 and have not watched since.

EarpRider

Reaction score
Mason had his own hand in that incident last year, and it turned out he's not that good of a quarterback.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
At some point people need to make and stick to priorities like what is important in life. Having a moral compass if you have one, will guide you through all this.

something like the NFL should be so far down the priority list that it doesn’t register. You’ll get there at some point and realize what’s really important

JB in so cal

Reaction score
I remember when San Diego had a NFL team, the team kinda sucked but it was our team....

I often wonder what happened to that team, they just disappeared.....
the old stadium is getting torn down right now...

Reactions: DLC

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I was an avid NFL fan my whole life. I was already disgusted with the league and many of the players due to what shitbags they were off the field, and what prima donnas many players had become. The kneeling for the National Anthem was the final straw for me. I quit watching and following the NFL about 4 years ago. I haven't watched a single play in a couple years. I go to a big Superbowl party every year. The last 2 years, I didn't even know who won, because I didn't watch the game.

With that said, I honestly don't even know who you are talking about, or what he did. F The NFL!! The only thing in hate more than the NFL, is the NBA.

Sent From Tapatalk

Singleton

Reaction score
the old stadium is getting torn down right now...

yep and SDSU is playing football in Carson CA for the next 2 seasons. How stupid is that. Multiple others places to play, but SDSU picked the soccer stadium in Carson

sirbob

Reaction score
Who is Garrett?

And what did he do to be in jail?

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Negro football league

Fucking yikes man, I certainly have some problems with the way things have gone with the NFL recently as well. But I'd say that's a step too far.

With regard to Myles Garrett, he certainly made a terrible decision last year and paid for it by being suspended for the rest of the year. Off the field, he seems to do some good things, he is heavily involved with groups that build wells in east africa, hard for us in the west to comprehend the limited access to water and the difference a simple well could make. He also helped out with a shelter in Cleveland and helped donate 24k pounds of food to people who lost their jobs. Furthermore, he donates his time and money to local youth sports groups and was involved with building new sports fields so kids can play ball.

You don't have to like everything a person has done, but you have to respect when people do good things.

500bbc

Reaction score
Just watched the video, who the fuck would follow any of these America hating assholes?

oldschool

Reaction score
I’d bet he’s done more for his community than anyone talking shit about him.

BajaT

Reaction score
yep and SDSU is playing football in Carson CA for the next 2 seasons. How stupid is that. Multiple others places to play, but SDSU picked the soccer stadium in Carson
That will help with recruiting! Sad as they have a good program....

500bbc

Reaction score
I’d bet he’s done more for his community than anyone talking shit about him.
I'll bet no one here pulled someone's helmet off and beat him with it on national TV while getting paid tens of millions of dollars as a "professional" athalete...

playdeep

Reaction score
I'll bet no one here pulled someone's helmet off and beat him with it on national TV while getting paid tens of millions of dollars as a "professional" athalete...

...and then (tried) to pull the race card as justification.
That said...
I went from a huge fan to zero interest.
Haven't watched a single down in 2 years.
Honestly...Have not missed it at all.

oldschool

Reaction score
I heard he can spell pretty well for an athlete as well.

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
So I’ll say it again. If you watch for a second, you might as well watch the whole thing. If you channel surf THROUGH IT , it counts. The only way to put them out of our misery is to use the guide to move around. Friend VERY high up in sports TV explained how they count - it’s what the box sees. I quit NFL / NBA when they didn’t fire Kaperdick on the spot. I’m actually happier not being involved. I LOVE the NHL - their commissioner said that anybody that didn’t stand and be present for the anthem would be banned for life from the league - my kinda sport.

Reactions: DWC

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I LOVE the NHL - their commissioner said that anybody that didn’t stand and be present for the anthem would be banned for life from the league - my kinda sport.

I don't think these guys got banned. ;)

9df8ab8f-f2c7-4118-820d-93c6b60cbad8-AP_Stars_Golden_Knights_Hockey.jpg

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
It changed when they went without fans - you are correct

oldschool

Reaction score
Look at the sidelines of any one of these games, not everyone is kneeling or protesting. While I 100% don’t agree with the kneeling, I 100% agree with freedom of speech.