WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

INVERTER GENERATOR

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
You may want to try the Home Depot locations that do tool rentals.

As you know, I had the Honda 2000, and it was to small. The 3000 was perfect. We both have pretty much the same trailer so that's what I'd be looking for.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Let us know what they rent for.

and you are right a single speed frame genset on a briggs engine will burn through tons of fuel as wells be a roaring bastard all weekend - you may be raped by your neighbors if you end up running it.

Dirty power yes- all the el cheapo 2 pole exciter based lawnmower gensets run low voltage under high load and high voltage under low load.

Will everything live if you do it - probably, unless your AC is particularly hard starting. How many BTUS? 30 amp connector or no?

As long as you have a buddy to help you lift it go for the bigger single genset. I have a yammie 3000iseb(with boost) and the 2 hondas and vastly prefer to take a single genny if I can move it.

UD

77charger

Reaction score
Honda 3000eu is what you will want to get they are quiet and reliable.used ones can be found for about 1200 and up and worth every penny.

The 2000s can be parralled to make 4000 watts but you are limited to 1 gallon of fuel in each gen which may not lastlong running a/c.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
I kinda remember $50/day, pricey.

Yeah thats up there.

No way to save that in gas between the posters frame rig,

IF pushing them hard - The little hondas definitely need regular valve inspections and timing belt replacements which is why If Im running air I prefer the single bigger genset (with a chain) to the 2K's. I had one being run at the limit burn a valve between inspection periods so they definitely aren't commercial duty.

The 2Ks will also need to be run off eco mode so they are a lot louder than when idled down where my 3K yammie has the electric back feed (boost) feature to kick over the compressor quickly and I can run it in eco and it will reliably start my 13.5.

I did put a hard start kit in my AC just to keep it alive longer.

The honda eu3K is also a great genset.

UD

=River Perfection=

Reaction score
I dont know if HD has the 3k. The 2k is on the website @ 50/day. I only need it two days. My hook up is 50 amp.. but only have one AC so I will use my 30 pig tail adapter. Love to find a 3k I could rent. Gotta be somewhere.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I dont know if HD has the 3k. The 2k is on the website @ 50/day. I only need it two days. My hook up is 50 amp.. but only have one AC so I will use my 30 pig tail adapter. Love to find a 3k I could rent. Gotta be somewhere.

Steal Javier's 3000 gen [emoji2]

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I think AJ has a 3k Yamaha for sale in his "AZ house items for sale" thread.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score

Sounds like 2x2K's is a 100 bones a day. (lots of crankcases to maintain in this config)

What BTU is your AC unit?

UD

=River Perfection=

Reaction score
Sounds like 2x2K's is a 100 bones a day. (lots of crankcases to maintain in this config)

What BTU is your AC unit?

UD

I'm not 100%. 35ft Jayco Eagle.. prob a 13.5 since it is wired for a front AC as well. Doubt a 15. It is a central ducted unit.

77charger

Reaction score

A single 2k will not run the a/c.

I know there are some who have done it but it has to be near perfect conditions which you not have 98 percent of the time.A/C needs a hard start capacitor everything off in the trailer that takes power,cool day at sea level for gen to make the most power,etc,

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
A single 2k will not run the a/c.

I know there are some who have done it but it has to be near perfect conditions which you not have 98 percent of the time.A/C needs a hard start capacitor everything off in the trailer that takes power,cool day at sea level for gen to make the most power,etc,

Correct-

I did the whole shebang (sup supp6 and staged turn on with eco off) and can start and run it at sea level and 80 degrees, but it maxes out the genset completely and the 2K turns into a roaring little bastard that sounds like its going to hand grenade itself any second.

I didnt ever run it like this again after the first test but its likely wont do a restart at 1000ft or on a hot day.

I put this into the lump of things that "can" be done but shouldn't be.

UD

=River Perfection=

Reaction score
Right I was not going to even attempt to try a single 2000. I need a 3000 or the two 2000 for sure.

triangleman

Reaction score
I rented a Honda 3000 at United rentals about 5 years ago, don't remember the cost.

ParkerRat

Livin the Dream
Reaction score
you can always pick up a used RV Onan generator on C/L for pretty cheap. Here's a 7,000 for $750. I run a Marquis 5500 on a cart that came out of a Warrior. Ran it last weekend in 100 degree temps for about 8 hours on 5 gallons of gas running the 15k BTU AC the whole time. Nice thing is they are pretty quite. I put a hitch on the cart so I can tow it with the Golf Cart in and out of the Hauler. :D

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
The i3000 handi is the best bet. The 2000 is minimum. The i1000 will burn out your battery charger. The i1000 should only be used with use its charging cables.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Let us know what they rent for.

and you are right a single speed frame genset on a briggs engine will burn through tons of fuel as wells be a roaring bastard all weekend - you may be raped by your neighbors if you end up running it.

Dirty power yes- all the el cheapo 2 pole exciter based lawnmower gensets run low voltage under high load and high voltage under low load.

Will everything live if you do it - probably, unless your AC is particularly hard starting. How many BTUS? 30 amp connector or no?

As long as you have a buddy to help you lift it go for the bigger single genset. I have a yammie 3000iseb(with boost) and the 2 hondas and vastly prefer to take a single genny if I can move it.

UD

lol... no shit huh....I seem to be a magnet to those... they go get the cheapest loudest gen... and a 100' coard ... then put it by my camp:(:p

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Any experience with the Champion generators? I've been eyeballing one of these

http://www.championpowerequipment.com/products/inverters/75531i-3100w-inverter/

I might take it camping but mainly as a backup around the house. Seems Edison has been having some equipment "issues" lately in my city, and with the upcoming el nino season, It would be nice to keep the lights on and the beer cold. I've seen this unit as low as $680 on ebay with free shipping, and it seems to have good reviews.

triangleman

Reaction score
Only if you want the whole campground to hate you, loud as hell. See 2FF above^

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Only if you want the whole campground to hate you, loud as hell. See 2FF above^

If you click on the link, you'll see it is a 3100 watt inverter, and the db is the same as the Honda.

Trash

Reaction score
Honda 3000eu is what you will want to get they are quiet and reliable.used ones can be found for about 1200 and up and worth every penny.

The 2000s can be parralled to make 4000 watts but you are limited to 1 gallon of fuel in each gen which may not lastlong running a/c.

Parallel two 2000s and use the extended run fuel tank available. Works like a charm. Leave them both in ECO mode and let them purr.

77charger

Reaction score
The i3000 handi is the best bet. The 2000 is minimum. The i1000 will burn out your battery charger. The i1000 should only be used with use its charging cables.

The only advantage the handi has over the bigger eu 3000 is its lighter in weight.Its not electric start(IMO no biggie)so no battery either to worry about but its also louder than the EU and it also uses a smaller engine vs the EU.

My EU is a heavy sucker i am over lifting it by myself even if its 18 inches high.

Thought about the 1000 for my camper to use since most times i use it besides river i dont use the a/c and have seen them for about 350 bucks.Just need to top off battery my 3000 is overkill for that. and its small enough to fit in rear compartment.