WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Investment Strategy

WYRD

Reaction score
I woke up this morning thinking about how to rebalance my portfolio and honestly am at a loss for safe calculated strategies moving forward.
Interest rates are non existent
Stocks are back in record high territory
Real estate is too high to jump in now
Bond rates are record lows
Futures seem risky
So what are you doing for long term investments?

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I had these thoughts a few months back when I started reading stock threads. Honestly I’m investing in myself right now. I’m taking all the classes I can, and getting all the certs I can. I’ve been studying for my cwi since 330 this morning. I’ve invested about 4K into that program. I’m trying to make sure no matter what happens to the economy I have a back up plan.

RodnJen

Reaction score
Everything you said is true. For me that means increasing diversification rather than going for a home run in a particular asset class. Time to start hitting singles.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Work on building assets for multiple, diverse income streams.

Real estate is an excellent hedge against inflation provided you buy it right. Don’t limit yourself to your local. You can make money a million different ways in RE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Work on building assets for multiple, diverse income streams.

Real estate is an excellent hedge against inflation provided you buy it right. Don’t limit yourself to your local. You can make money a million different ways in RE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Speaking of that...we got cut off the other day...let me know when you’re doing the next one

78DiMarco

Reaction score
I woke up this morning thinking about how to rebalance my portfolio and honestly am at a loss for safe calculated strategies moving forward.
Interest rates are non existent
Stocks are back in record high territory
Real estate is too high to jump in now
Bond rates are record lows
Futures seem risky
So what are you doing for long term investments?
The way things are going it will get real rough in the coming months and years. The dems are destroying the country as we know it. They including the conservatives are printing more money than ever before.... get rid of any dept and start buying some gold and silver and select gold and silver stocks.... you'll be glad you did...

zhandfull

Reaction score
It’s a sure bet that Trump will be re-elected and everything will be fine. Stay the course and make money the easy way, everyone’s doing it. The market only goes up, buy the dips, don’t miss out! :rolleyes:

propcheck

Reaction score
I had these thoughts a few months back when I started reading stock threads. Honestly I’m investing in myself right now. I’m taking all the classes I can, and getting all the certs I can. I’ve been studying for my cwi since 330 this morning. I’ve invested about 4K into that program. I’m trying to make sure no matter what happens to the economy I have a back up plan.
This is some of the best advice out there. Investing in yourself has the best returns for sure. A few years ago I had an under performing real estate portfolio so I took the money out put my self through college now I make more money with the education and then paid myself back at the same rate the plan was making so in October the account is all paid back (minus earning lost for a few years) and I am still making more annually than I did without investing in me.

WYRD

Reaction score
It’s a sure bet that Trump will be re-elected and everything will be fine. Stay the course and make money the easy way, everyone’s doing it. The market only goes up, buy the dips, don’t miss out! :rolleyes:
Not at all what I am looking to do. Playing a short game is fun to do with mad money and I've done my fair share of that. Not looking too put everything in to the next hot fad, I was inquiring about new long term strategies and what others are diversifying into.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Inform what cwi stands for
I believe a Certified Welding Inspector.
Certified welding inspector. I plan to teach at the apprenticeship as long as they let me, but in case things ever slow down it’s my plan b and c. It’s an hourly raise just for having the certs and not that I need anymore overtime but it’s guaranteed overtime whenever I want. The downside is the pass rate is only 30% and I’m not that smart

WYRD

Reaction score
Been doing good playing a short game in the market, still looking for longer investment strategies though. With how beat up the light commercial, food, & entertainment industry has been I see some discount commercial property on the horizon. Might be a good time to jump into that game?

Spudsbud

Reaction score
short term? How well do you think walmart and or amazon will do in the next Quarter?
Rebound companies ? Boeing just cleared 737max stock is running.
Pharma co's with vaccine approvals......
Lots of opporrunities.....

RCDave

Reaction score
Certified welding inspector. I plan to teach at the apprenticeship as long as they let me, but in case things ever slow down it’s my plan b and c. It’s an hourly raise just for having the certs and not that I need anymore overtime but it’s guaranteed overtime whenever I want. The downside is the pass rate is only 30% and I’m not that smart

You are smarter than giving yourself credit for

DILLIGAF

Reaction score

good thinking Vic. The rest will follow for ya

RCDave

Reaction score
I'm sitting on the sidelines waiting for the inevitable buying opportunities that are sure to abound

wzuber

Reaction score
For those interested in realestate assets

A few potentially useful names to familiarize yourselves with if not already familiar.
Kurt Demire
County records research
Bruce Norris
Ward Hannigan
Ron Legrand

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I'm heavily invested in Real Estate holdings right now, but I will be moving my new long term strategies into Gold and Heavy Metals over the next 18-24 months. I'm expecting by the end of 4 years of Biden we will be looking at 7%-9% Inflation Rates as they are going to be borrowing extensively on an already out of balance Federal Deficit. The value of the US Dollar is going to take it in the shorts soon!

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Lithium Batteries with a hedge in fire insurance. Doh! 😜