WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

iPhone “Exposure Notifications”

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Just was advised that our iPhones have a wonderful new feature. When I checked my phone it was already turned on.....

91DE4BA9-0500-40B8-81C5-397E4E75B0B6.jpeg

D0994E02-F818-4F5C-BBED-2C3971CDFCDF.jpeg

WYRD

Reaction score
Thank you, similar post a while back, made sure it wasn’t activated, guess the last update changed it😡
If you think just by clicking the button off it turns off the tracking capability I'd bet good money you'd be wrong. I'm sure it just blocks your ability to be able to access it.

fmo24

Reaction score
I have not done the latest update so don’t have it. Probably won’t now that I see this is the only thing in the update

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I absolutely hate the little red dot 🔴 and typically update right away because of that fact alone. My phone hasn’t been updated the past three now because all this shit, I’ve been a loyal iPhone and Apple user since i switched to smart phones and am about ready to look elsewhere myself.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
This is at least the THIRD time this has been brought up...

You have to install an app that will actually use the phones ability to track covid.

Just like there are tons of other features on your phone that are there and ready to be used.

No app. No tracking.

77charger

Reaction score
i am still on older software i have auto updates turned off maybe more should do the same.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
This is at least the THIRD time this has been brought up...

You have to install an app that will actually use the phones ability to track covid.

Just like there are tons of other features on your phone that are there and ready to be used.

No app. No tracking.

the iOS 13.7 update specifically states the update will allow you to opt-in to the COVID-19 Exposure Notifications system without the need to download an app.

Another item an iPhone user needs to keep tabs on the ‘Off’ switch if they want to maintain some level of privacy.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
the iOS 13.7 update specifically states the update will allow you to opt-in to the COVID-19 Exposure Notifications system without the need to download an app.

Another item an iPhone user needs to keep tabs on the ‘Off’ switch if they want to maintain some level of privacy.

There is a difference between an API and an app that will make use of it...

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Well here is my experience with it. The app loaded automatically on my phone. I never turned it on but while working in close proximity to someone that had been exposed (not positive tested, just exposed) the phone alerted me of a potential exposure then after a few minutes came back and said that everything was OK.
Now I don't know how sophisticated this thing is but I find it a bit unnerving that my phone was able to link up with my buddies phone and it knew that he had been documented as a exposure, then check to see that he had tested negative.
While this might be useful I don't think I like the "Big Brother" aspect of it.

Cdog

Reaction score
I absolutely hate the little red dot 🔴 and typically update right away because of that fact alone. My phone hasn’t been updated the past three now because all this shit, I’ve been a loyal iPhone and Apple user since i switched to smart phones and am about ready to look elsewhere myself.

I hear ya but the problem is where do you go? Every smart phone is made in china. The google OP system phones are operated by mr. vaxer bill gates/microsoft and google. Google owns you tube and damn near everything.. They're all in on info farming and selling your info.

Apple seems to be the best choice coming from a not offering a back door to cracking the phone to the feds.

The only choice is to kill your phone...

SodarSki73

Reaction score
Only 7 of the 57 states/US territories have enabled the app. Arizona and Nevada are two of them. California has not.

Cdog

Reaction score
Well here is my experience with it. The app loaded automatically on my phone. I never turned it on but while working in close proximity to someone that had been exposed (not positive tested, just exposed) the phone alerted me of a potential exposure then after a few minutes came back and said that everything was OK.
Now I don't know how sophisticated this thing is but I find it a bit unnerving that my phone was able to link up with my buddies phone and it knew that he had been documented as a exposure, then check to see that he had tested negative.
While this might be useful I don't think I like the "Big Brother" aspect of it.

Imagine the possibilities.

An alarm to warn us the proximity of someone with HIV, STD's, voted for liberals etc.............HAHA!

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Only 7 of the 57 states/US territories have enabled the app. Arizona and Nevada are two of them. California has not.

That doesn't make any sense. I'm in Ca. and my phone acct. is Ca. yet my phone loaded the app automatically and has actively used it once (despite the fact that I never enabled it).

sintax

Reaction score
I hear ya but the problem is where do you go? Every smart phone is made in china. The google OP system phones are operated by mr. vaxer bill gates/microsoft and google. Google owns you tube and damn near everything.. They're all in on info farming and selling your info.

Apple seems to be the best choice coming from a not offering a back door to cracking the phone to the feds.

The only choice is to kill your phone...

I've been thinking about picking up a Lightphone, you wont be able to facebook with granny or post your tik toks twerks, but you also wont get spied on.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score