WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

iPhone 5

NeedlesRat

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My damn iPhone took a shit on me this weekend and of course its out of warranty. Wanted to see if any of the board members have an iPhone 5 they would be willing to sell me?

-NeedlesRat

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
Hey guys,

My damn iPhone took a shit on me this weekend and of course its out of warranty. Wanted to see if any of the board members have an iPhone 5 they would be willing to sell me?

-NeedlesRat
If you can wait till next week there will be a high number of iPhone 5's for sale.....if history is any indication of the future when Apple rolls out a new phone......hang in there if you can :D

Chipster27

B Team Member #27
Reaction score
Apple will announce it next week, but it probably won't be available for a couple weeks after that.

22citation

Reaction score
Was it a battery/power issue? If so check Apple's support website. They issued a recall for faulty batteries in 5's purchased during a specific time frame. 4 people in my office had phones covered by the recall, all had power issues but didn't know about the recall. Nice of Apple to advise their customers, fuck faces. Part of the reason I switched to Samsung. GL.

Chipster27

B Team Member #27
Reaction score
Was it a battery/power issue? If so check Apple's support website. They issued a recall for faulty batteries in 5's purchased during a specific time frame. 4 people in my office had phones covered by the recall, all had power issues but didn't know about the recall. Nice of Apple to advise their customers, fuck faces. Part of the reason I switched to Samsung. GL.

Mine fell in to that range. I took it to the Apple store and they checked the battery, it was "good" allegedly. But they did find I had a corrupt iOS. Told me to back up to iTunes (not the cloud because the cloud will back up the bad OS too), then completely wipe the phone and reload from iTunes, which will load a fresh iOS. I did that on Tuesday and the phone seems to be working better.

Wasted a trip to the Apple store though :(

Patyacht

Reaction score
I have an appointment in Scottsdale tomorrow. My battery is worthless.

Chipster27

B Team Member #27
Reaction score
I have an appointment in Scottsdale tomorrow. My battery is worthless.
Can you report back tomorrow with your findings. I thought I was getting a new battery because mine was in the "range" of phones being recalled. Instead they tested my battery and it was "within specs for it's age" so that's when they had me just backup/reset-delete/restore my phone. It seems to be better. I went a full day yesterday using the phone and ended the day at just over 10%.

Prior it was ridiculous. I landed from a flight, turned on the phone, it was at 65%. 10 minutes later it was at 15%, I plugged it in and it immediately went to 55%. Seriously.

Through their diagnostics they did see that the phone had multiple crashed which they said was draining the battery and was causing inconsistent readings.

Anyway, could you be so kind as to let us know what they tell you.

Thanks in advance!

C-2

Reaction score
Prior it was ridiculous. I landed from a flight, turned on the phone, it was at 65%. 10 minutes later it was at 15%, I plugged it in and it immediately went to 55%. Seriously.
!

I thought that was you... :p

chip.jpg

Patyacht

Reaction score
Can you report back tomorrow with your findings. I thought I was getting a new battery because mine was in the "range" of phones being recalled. Instead they tested my battery and it was "within specs for it's age" so that's when they had me just backup/reset-delete/restore my phone. It seems to be better. I went a full day yesterday using the phone and ended the day at just over 10%.

Through their diagnostics they did see that the phone had multiple crashed which they said was draining the battery and was causing inconsistent readings.

Anyway, could you be so kind as to let us know what they tell you.

Thanks in advance!

Will Do. Appointment is at 1 pm.

HavaToon

Reaction score
Took my wife's 5S in for the battery replacement today. They replaced the battery and the home button stopped working so they gave us a brand new phone. In and out in about 45 min.

Patyacht

Reaction score
Went to my appt at the Scottsdale store today and at 11:36 with a 1 PM appt they email me wanting to talk to me. As I'm walking into the store at 12:35 they call to tell me they had no batteries. Well after talking to 3 different reps and their test of my iPhone battery telling me it's bad they say tough shit no options they don't have any batts and I'll have to come back when they get more batts. Apparently they knew they had no batts for several days. They can't say how long before they have new batts. And don't care I've driven 4 hours. I'm pissed and start to leave. Another supervisor sees the expression on my face and says u don't look pleased and I say yep and Apple just lost a customer. She begs me to stay and give her a minute. Several minutes later she asks for my phone says come back in 45 and we'll have a new battery in your phone. Bottom line make sure they have batteries.