WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

iRacing is serious..

rcmike

Reaction score
So this was a fun way to pass the time..

And then, it took a turn. Bubba Wallace lost a real world sponsor today. Like, this is a serious career ender when you cost the team the sponsor.

Pre race...

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 12.34.12 AM.png

The video...

The aftermath..

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 12.34.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 12.36.02 AM.png

Crazy.. I got to say, I wonder how many team owners are going to reconsider this thing..

Nordie

Reaction score
Very true. One driver, the 51 car actually picked up a sponsor for Bristol yesterday (Gunbroker.com). They have committed to sponsor his real life car for the Brickyard 400.

lenmann

Reaction score
Bubba's deal is bullshit. One of the BIG problems with Nascar today is that the drivers don't have any personality like they did in the old days, or better put that aren't allowed to express their personality for fear of tarnishing the brand of a sponsor. Today they all have PR handlers, get media training, and are told to talk and walk the line on behavior avoiding the expression of any kind of real emotion or passion. They are essentially sponsor robots and that makes them boring.

Old school Nascar had drivers that were "characters", hell their antics were often the best part of the show on any given weekend. Bring back some of the passion that guys like Earnhardt Sr., Erine Irvan, Jimmy Spencer and countless others had before the big money sponsor era started.

Bubba is one of the few drivers that wears his emotions on his sleeve. He's an open book about his struggles with depression and mental health.

He gets taken out by Bowyer, shows some emotion, and BAM he loses a sponsor? BS

I have never tried Blue Emu and I sure hell won't ever now.

sirbob

Reaction score
I don’t know much about Bubba (at first I thought he was a golfer) but I know nothing about blue-emu.

Except that any company that “quits” a contracted sponsor agreement with a message on public forum like that one is not a company I would ever support.

Last edited:

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Blue emu is a medicated joint pain reliever. I would not had known that unless they had fired bubba. Cant imagine they were paying for more than a tire or two.

mbrown2

Reaction score
This E Sport thing is crazy.....it should not be a surprise as well known gamers are big web celebrities and money earners. I think after Nascar goes back to the racing the NBA goes back to the basketball I see their respective organizations continuing to leverage these avenues to generate revenue and sponsorships. It has been entertaining to watch these guys play games and their antics. Now I know why my young nephew will watch a kid play mindcraft for hours...

mbrown2

Reaction score
Old school Nascar had drivers that were "characters", hell their antics were often the best part of the show on any given weekend. Bring back some of the passion that guys like Earnhardt Sr., Erine Irvan, Jimmy Spencer and countless others had before the big money sponsor era started.
I agree....but you said it....It was different before the big money. When it was a race car owner/team putting up the money then the drivers could be themselves. Now with majority of the team driven through corp sponsorships these guys have to act like CEO's.... Look no further than F1... To listen to the in car mic's during tense times is great. It really gives the raw emotion but after the race they don't say a f'n thing.

Tom Slick

Reaction score
Ironically had this incident happened in a REAL NASCAR race, know body would have know what Bubba Wallace said, as the audio would have been between himself and his team. And does anyone believe that these professional drivers are really taking any of this iRacing stuff all that seriously anyway? For a sponsor to drop a driver/team over this is ridiculous.

That said, I better get back out into the garage to keep working on my sim chassis...haha!

wzuber

Reaction score
this could all be planned hyperbole too for the sake of getting attention etc. and a few well planned public appologise (?) and all is well again all while Bubba & blue emu goes trending along the path to greater notoriety and public consciousness?

traquer

Reaction score
this could all be planned hyperbole too for the sake of getting attention etc. and a few well planned public appologise (?) and all is well again all while Bubba & blue emu goes trending along the path to greater notoriety and public consciousness?

100% this is what it is. I don't like it

JDub24

American Bad-Ass!!
Reaction score
Bubba's deal is bullshit. One of the BIG problems with Nascar today is that the drivers don't have any personality like they did in the old days, or better put that aren't allowed to express their personality for fear of tarnishing the brand of a sponsor. Today they all have PR handlers, get media training, and are told to talk and walk the line on behavior avoiding the expression of any kind of real emotion or passion. They are essentially sponsor robots and that makes them boring.

This is because the old school guys got paid about 1/100th as much money as these new guys. Anytime you commercialize something to this extent this is what you get. Corporate robots with no free thinking or emotions...(unless you’re Tony Stewart and the company that sponsors you actually had an owner that is more passionate than you are).

Bubba is one of the few drivers that wears his emotions on his sleeve. He's an open book about his struggles with depression and mental health.

lf2

Reaction score
My take on it is the sponsor dropped him for quitting the race. If you have watched the iraces so far lots of drivers have had different sponsors each race, so there is sponsorship money going to the team and driver. If a driver throws a tantrum and quits mid race that isnt going to make any paying sponsor very happy

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score

Totally agree with you. I think the last two bad ass drivers who didn’t give a shit and wanted to race or told you where to shove it were Tony Stewart & Robby Gordon. Just my two cents.

intense

Reaction score
Like him or not its not a real race . They have a contract for real races, if he was wrecked in a real race and went home because the car wasn't fixable what is the difference?
Btw im a Jr. fan not a Bubba fan

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
Blue-a-Camel is just trying to use this event as an excuse to get out of contract during trying times. Piss on them.

BONER

Reaction score
Lol. Wow.

In his defense, sounded like he was talking to Buddy??

mbrown2

Reaction score
WTF ...why would anyone use that word to test the mic. These guys are f'n idiots. If that is the word that is top of mind for you to test the mic...you likely got some issues.

HCP3

Reaction score
Ganassi Racing and NASCAR have both suspended him indefinitely. I'm sure McDonald's will be reprimanding him soon.

Cdog

Reaction score
I'm not condoning it but Are we ever going to get to a place in society where we look at how fucking ridiculous it is that a word has that much power? If your opinion of yourself is so low that a word spoken in jest or in general rips your fragile view of yourself apart at the seams then you belong in a mental hospital and are not safe in society.

It's just a fucking word. If you're not one then you shouldn't be offended....WTF! Where are all the grown ups??

Nordie

Reaction score
I'm not condoning it but Are we ever going to get to a place in society where we look at how fucking ridiculous it is that a word has that much power? If your opinion of yourself is so low that a word spoken in jest or in general rips your fragile view of yourself apart at the seams then you belong in a mental hospital and are not safe in society.

It's just a fucking word. If you're not one then you shouldn't be offended....WTF! Where are all the grown ups??

Couldn't agree more, the people reprimanding him have probably said worse.

rcmike

Reaction score
I like how everybody is so offended, but full video with no editing is still up???? Not just this Site either, all of em still have non edited footage.
If the full video wasn't there, they would not get as many clicks. More clicks, more money.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
In my eyes there might be a positive outcome from this situation. It would be awesome to see him back racing on dirt in Midget's and Sprint cars.

playdeep

Reaction score
In my eyes there might be a positive outcome from this situation. It would be awesome to see him back racing on dirt in Midget's and Sprint cars.

I was thinking the same thing...
He's immensely popular with the Sprint/midget dirt crowd.
From what I've read on various racing sites his fan base remains firmly intact.
Love to watch that kid race.
I think his hearts in dirt racing anyway.
The NASCAR ride just pays the bills.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Millions and millions of cell phones have a meme with a large African American gentleman doing something as a joke. You’ve seen it

but one word with 5000 viewers and your ruined

people pay to see comedians using the same word over and over, they get rich.

I’m not saying it’s ok to say it on a white person sport that has more racism that any other but N$&?” Please

im may need to watch Chappell tonight

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing...
He's immensely popular with the Sprint/midget dirt crowd.
From what I've read on various racing sites his fan base remains firmly intact.
Love to watch that kid race.
I think his hearts in dirt racing anyway.
The NASCAR ride just pays the bills.

Nowadays it's hard to judge how modern driver's stack up against the legend's of the past due to how fast they move on to Nascar. We now might get to see how Larson stacks up to the likes of Foyt, Kinser & Schatz etc. Time will tell.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
McDonalds and Credit One Bank have bailed on Larson as Sponsors that didn’t take long.

jetur

Reaction score
Inappropriate for sure, even though we are all guilty of saying something we shouldn't have. Usually after a few.

More importantly who's getting in that ride after "the Rona"?

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Tough spot for Larson. I truly believe the iRacing deal didn’t give him the mental preparation and mindset that the track does. He thought it was another weekday game playing session with his buds and he got caught. Hopefully it passes, but I think he is done. Sad, so much talent.