WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Irvine food during lockdown?

WYRD

Reaction score
In Irvine for an appointment tonight just curious if anybody knows any good food places close by but I don't have to sit in a effing parking lot to enjoy

Done-it-again

Reaction score
OC is open for inside dining.
Not sure how far but try Maggianos in Costa Mesa.

FishSniper

Reaction score
In Irvine for an appointment tonight just curious if anybody knows any good food places close by but I don't have to sit in a effing parking lot to enjoy
Bosscat kitchen near John Wayne airport has good food/ drinks. Haven’t been there since this crap started but believe they have a patio as a worse case scenario.

WYRD

Reaction score
Really? Nice that open up a lot of options. I'll Google Maggianos 👍

WYRD

Reaction score
Bosscat kitchen near John Wayne airport has good food/ drinks. Haven’t been there since this crap started but believe they have a patio as a worse case scenario.
I'm near the Irvine spectrum, just down the road a bit

Last edited:

HCP3

Reaction score

Done-it-again

Reaction score
25% capacity, or 100 people. Whichever is fewer.

It will probably be difficult with a walk-in.

I was in Newport last week And did take out at sgt. pepperoni And it was packed, way more than 25% and or 100 people.

HCP3

Reaction score
I was in Newport last week And did take out at sgt. pepperoni And it was packed, way more than 25% and or 100 people.

Good to hear. I hate these regulations as much as the rest of us do. All of the chain restaurants are going to adhere to it though. Just hoping to help out WYRD with his expectations.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
There's a place on El Toro called Bru that is pretty cool. They usually have live music for happy hour but not sure with the current shape of things.

At Spectrum Javiers is good.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Good to hear. I hate these regulations as much as the rest of us do. All of the chain restaurants are going to adhere to it though. Just hoping to help out WYRD with his expectations.

Agreed. The pizza place is not a chain so I believe they said f’it. I was supprised when you posted the link of only 25% allowed.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
There's a place on El Toro called Bru that is pretty cool. They usually have live music for happy hour but not sure with the current shape of things.

They have had quite a bit of outside seating for awhile. They have had live music outside too. Pretty cool.

cofooter

Reaction score
Wound up going to Gulliver's Prime Rib and Steakhouse on mcarthur ave and sat inside. Pretty good food.

Thanks for the suggestions 👍 🍻
Nice, that's been there 50 yrs!

gmnhra

Reaction score

Javiers is closed for remodel...
Anything in the Spectrum is OK but overpriced
Had dinner at Paul Martins in Spectrum last night..This place would normally be packed on a Thursday....25% inside at best
Good food and drinks...way "Irvine" priced

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Javiers is closed for remodel...
Anything in the Spectrum is OK but overpriced
Had dinner at Paul Martins in Spectrum last night..This place would normally be packed on a Thursday....25% inside at best
Good food and drinks...way "Irvine" priced

We do Paul Martin's for happy hour sometimes. Foods ok but good drinks and your right $$$.

MCnParker

Reaction score
Javiers in newport coast is good and not to far of drive. Il fornio by John wayne not bad either.

sintax

Reaction score
Javiers at the spectrum is always good.

thats a tough sell for me, I know its "nice" but I just cant get into it. All the guys from work always want to hit that spot, but I'd rather hit a dirty taco truck in downtown santa ana if i'm getting mexican. I'm prob just an asshole though.

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
Habanas in Irvine Spectrum.

Fun atmosphere cuban place. Food is good, drinks are good.

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score
IlFornaio is near allot of business and John Wayne. Good Italian and may not be as busy as restaurants close to suburbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk