WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Irwindale Speedway Night of Destruction

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Saturday, August 31st at 7PM.

Join us August 31, 2019 for Night of Destruction presented by LKQ Pick Your Part! Featuring LKQ Pick Your Part Jet Car Burndown, Trailer Destruction Races, Skid Plate Races, Enduro Races, Figure 8 Race. You won't want to miss it! Gates open at 4PM, On Track Autograph Session 5:45pm, Races start at 7pm. Rain or Shine.

https://www.etix.com/ticket/p/8387856/night-of-destruction-irwindale-irwindale-speedway

old rigger

Reaction score
Always wanted to go to one of these. If we're not at the river I think we're in.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
I think I'm in. Unless something comes up which is usually does.
Trailer racing skid plate races figure 8.
Been wanting to go to Ventura but they're off in August.
Wife will dig it.

BamBam

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. It's on the calendar. I've wanted to go to one for a while but always seem to find out after its over or I'm scheduled to work.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder, we took the grandkids last year and my grandson loved it but fell asleep just before the main event. :mad:
We'll be there for sure.

BamBam

Reaction score
How early should a group of 10 or so people arrive to ensure we can get a spot to sit together?
Are the stands simple benches? (as in should we bring stadium chairs?)

SoCalDave

Reaction score
How early should a group of 10 or so people arrive to ensure we can get a spot to sit together?
Are the stands simple benches? (as in should we bring stadium chairs?)
We normally will get there about 5 and party in the parking lot for a bit. If your in the stands by 5:30 or so your group won't have a problem seating together.
If you get there at 6:45 it's a different story. Stands are simple backed bleachers.

old rigger

Reaction score
We're in, my wife and I, our son and his 2 little ones.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Wife still not back from Ventura. Figures

Springfield

Reaction score
After @SoCalDave posted how much fun his family had going a few months back wife and I decided to go to the next one. Well here I sit in Havabrew and dont even drink but the shit show is great. Hope to make the next one. :)

old rigger

Reaction score
I've only been to car shows at Irwindale and some drags within the those shows. The races last night were a lot of fun. Pretty good burgers, a cool breeze took away the threat of a hot miserable night.

We didn't make it to the destruction portion of the show!

I greatly underestimated the endurance of our 2 year old grandson and a 10 month grand daughter. He had a great time watching the cars, really liked the fire and tow trucks in action, and kept looking at his toy car he brought along and holding it up to the drivers in the races. She flirted with the people behind us and and gave them a show when she pooped and needed a change. My son had fun too, his wife is in Palm Springs for a bridal shower party so it was fun to hang with him.

We checked out at 9. Both were out before we passed the 5 on the 605.

I think we'll try again in November for the next night of destruction.

BamBam

Reaction score
We had a great time. Again thanks for the heads up. The group shrank down to my youngest (15yo) son and I. That actually made for a really good opportunity for the two of us. I will be back with a bigger group next time. The fireworks show was WAY more than I was expecting. The Jet car turndown was awesome too.

old rigger

Reaction score
WE also didn't make it after hanging out at the Ventura Nationals for most of the day.

My buddy took his '64 Rivi up there. Super nice car.

fullsizeoutput_3492.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_3493.jpeg

old rigger

Reaction score
I really like those Old Rivieras.

Little useless trivia. Old friend of my dad’s who use to own Genes Chrome and Muffler (Howard boats was in a little space behind him in the early 60s) is the guy that invented Bellflower’s...the exhaust tips your friend has on his rivi. My parents bought a brand new ‘69 Cad Eldorado and dad took it down to Keith and had a set of Bellflower’s installed and they lowered the car at the same time. Just a slight 2 inch drop. This was a tough thing to do because the Caddy was front wheel drive. Mom went ballistic. Dad was an old Bellflower/Hollydale/Paramount low rider so it just came naturally to him to lower the car. lol he took the car back and the moved the tips under the bumper and I believe he had to order new springs (?) to put the thing back to stock height. They cut the springs before. Keith retired to Havasu years ago and is still going, selling his iron cross t shirts on line.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Very cool and thanks for the history.

Little useless trivia. Old friend of my dad’s who use to own Genes Chrome and Muffler (Howard boats was in a little space behind him in the early 60s) is the guy that invented Bellflower’s...the exhaust tips your friend has on his rivi. My parents bought a brand new ‘69 Cad Eldorado and dad took it down to Keith and had a set of Bellflower’s installed and they lowered the car at the same time. Just a slight 2 inch drop. This was a tough thing to do because the Caddy was front wheel drive. Mom went ballistic. Dad was an old Bellflower/Hollydale/Paramount low rider so it just came naturally to him to lower the car. lol he took the car back and the moved the tips under the bumper and I believe he had to order new springs (?) to put the thing back to stock height. They cut the springs before. Keith retired to Havasu years ago and is still going, selling his iron cross t shirts on line.